It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Really Happened Last Night

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

sounds kinda as if you are human.

i would never have guessed such.

i have found that even on this site from thread to thread i am labeled left sometimes and right sometimes and even today i have became russian. So much so that people would swear to such either way under oath!

So it becomes clear that we have many dividing lines being drawn between us. It is what makes the world go round and round or at least allows us to be here and enjoying the ride/race from time to time.

I have found the best way to get through the day is to come up with at least one good line to tell myself every morning in order to keep the delusions of grandeur alive and well so as to at least keep up with the rat race.

If we can't sit back from time to time and tell the guys in charge that at the least they put on a good show then we really are not paying attention.

to the tall pines between us...

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

That is why they played the chemical card... And attaced Syria before any evidence were ever presented.... Its not like Syria can do anything about our accusations.....

Team US can do this until they get bord of playing. We the public are not going to do anything about it.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

sounds kinda as if you are human.

You know, on some days I would take that as an insult.

But yeah...

...least keep up with the rat race.

From an old human, let me give you a bit of trivia:

Only rats win rat races.

to the tall pines between us...

to the tall pines.

Remember though... pines don't tend to have much underbrush or low limbs... they're very easy to walk through.

(BTW, I do dearly love me some Haggard...)

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Just an update... the special UN meeting was unsuccessful. Russia did not get the UN to condemn the US-led coalition.

Not surprised, just reporting.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

If the UN was controlled by the US, it would be a much different world once its inception. I suspect there would be many, many, many more deaths in 3rd world countries from illnesses, lack of water, etc. Probably much less “peacekeeping” in those areas where there are resources the US considers of vital interest as well.

Oh, and with US control over UN operations, you really don’t think Russia and China would have veto power on the UN Security Council?

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

That is why they played the chemical card... And attaced Syria before any evidence were ever presented.... Its not like Syria can do anything about our accusations.....

Team US can do this until they get bord of playing. We the public are not going to do anything about it.

Never will, either.

The people say 'there's nothing I/we can do about it, so I don't concern myself with it'.

That's the whole problem. Everyone thinks they are alone, and completely powerless. Each one thinks they are alone.
Millions of people think they are alone, and powerless. They never consider others feel the same way as they do. They don't ask anyone about it. They may be afraid to bring it up, with others, and never try.

At this time, when enough people group together on issues, are labelled traitors, neo-Nazis, hate mongers, etc. In the media, by the government. It only takes one spook to infiltrate the group, rip it to shreds, and splash it on mass media.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   

We are all pawns at this point if we aren't one of those 'swamp creatures of DC doing the bidding of their masters'.

Isn't it about the hidden 'rulers' of our elected officials for many of us on ATS?

Are not the Globalist our real problem? They have found a way to be positioned to own the media and Governments. Therefore the acceptable speech which does control a narrative is dictated by the golden rule of 'he who has the gold rules". How truly free is the free market capitalist system when the big Corps can poison us with their decisions backed by the Gov agencies getting bribed and the little guy gets slammed with rules?

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1

Never will, either.

The people say 'there's nothing I/we can do about it, so I don't concern myself with it'.

That's the whole problem. Everyone thinks they are alone, and completely powerless. Each one thinks they are alone.
Millions of people think they are alone, and powerless. They never consider others feel the same way as they do. They don't ask anyone about it. They may be afraid to bring it up, with others, and never try.

At this time, when enough people group together on issues, are labelled traitors, neo-Nazis, hate mongers, etc. In the media, by the government. It only takes one spook to infiltrate the group, rip it to shreds, and splash it on mass media.

Yep, we have to stick together as we have identified the problem. The people are waking up because those scratching a living out didn't hate getting that bonus that was scraps to swamp critters. I like my forecasted tax payments so far I have seen in my paycheck. It is helping my family, for one.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us

If the UN was controlled by the US, it would be a much different world once its inception. I suspect there would be many, many, many more deaths in 3rd world countries from illnesses, lack of water, etc. Probably much less “peacekeeping” in those areas where there are resources the US considers of vital interest as well.

Oh, and with US control over UN operations, you really don’t think Russia and China would have veto power on the UN Security Council?

kinda weak sauce

of coarse the un could not exist without the illusion of power and control.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
How do you get Americans to support and agree with whatever their government wants?

If the S is about to HTF and or the market is about the crash, what is the best way out and the best distraction?

The majority of Americans are patriotic, even if they hate their government they will support and give their lives for their country. All it takes is for the government to come up with a scheme that makes the majority of the Americans believe that their county is in danger, by weapons, financially, or comprise of the Constitution, and they will put their hatred of the government on the back burner.

As another ATSer has already pointed out, they have control of the story line even on the internet. It leaves us to have to believe whatever they tell us or nothing of what they tell us. Either way they are in control of the paradigm.

edit on 15-4-2018 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
What happened?

Trump won.

Cowering to the whims of Putin in the days of Obama are over.

The table is set for Rocket Boy to know he will sit across from an American Badass at the negotiating table, not a shifty gutless coward.

Gosh I would love to hand deliver that message to Obama.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz5
a reply to: Murgatroid

god is a fantasy. god does not belong in real-world decisions. faith is not fact.

But faith in people is more relevant?

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   
911 is part of this strategy

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: mangust69

Of course it was!

911 was allowed to happen so Bush could take care of Saddam Hussein. We set up Saddam in power back during the Carter administration, in order to combat Iran during the Iranian Hostage Crisis. The idea was that if we aided Iraq and they won the Iran-Iraq War, then we could get our hostages back, along with control of Iranian oil.

That's what the Hostage Crisis was about... We had set up Reza Shah as ruler, to keep Iranian oil tied to the dollar. When he died, his son, Mohammed Reza Shah, took power. He was a brutal dictator who was eventually overthrown. In return for assisting us, and in hopes of restoring him to power, we hid the Shah. In response, the Iranians held our people.

Anyway, after the war, Saddam tried to get US aid to rebuild Iran. We refused. Saddam then went to Kuwait, whom he had protected during the war (Kuwait was our main oil export partner) and asked for assistance. Kuwait refused. The Saddam got word Kuwait had slant-drilled into Iraqi oil reserves while Iraq was trying to rebuild its wells. Saddam attacked Kuwait, and the US suddenly took notice and stopped him. That's why we never finished of Saddam the first time; he was still our puppet, just one that had gone off the rails.

During the sanctions on Irag that followed, Saddam in desperation started selling oil to Russia, who had no reserves at the time. When we found out about that, we took out Saddam. 911 was an excuse to start the mission that would turn into a continued presence in the Middle East in order to try and keep other countries from depegging from the dollar.

And we're still there. We instituted the Arab Springs; every single one happened shortly after the ruler stated he was accepting any other currency for his oil. The last Arab Spring attempt was Syria... Assad has joined with Iran (and now Russia) to depeg. That's why we hate Bashar al-Assad... he is truly a despicable ruler, but worse than that, he is threatening our hold on the world economy.

It all ties together...nothing happens in a vacuum. It's been about the dollar since we first drilled into the rock under Saudi Arabia, and everything that has happened over there has been done to protect our investments.

Until now.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Dont Mess With The Kids 💯
edit on 16-4-2018 by tonycodes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I've seen a lot of posts like this on the net with people who have limited knowledge of the Syrian conflict are posting from a position of supposed expertise. You've made a lot of generalizations that are misleading people on this website and I will have to point these because it's important that people understand what's going on.

Last night, April 13, 2018, a coalition between the US, UK, and France launched an offensive maneuver against the regime of Bashar al-Assad of Syria. During this offensive, three targets were identified and destroyed, all of which were used in the manufacture/storage of chemical weapons. No civilian casualties have so far been reported to my knowledge. This action was opposed by Russia and Iran, Syria's allies. But so far, no one here seems to have realized why there was an attack.

The Syrian Government is not a regime, Assad was democratically elected in elections in 2014 where the opposition decided not to vote. They were given the opportunity to vote but decided not to do so. He has popular support of the people of Syria and the Sunni majority of the country support him. There's no evidence that the building struck contained chemical weapons, there's no evidence that Syria still has chemical weapons after the UN inspectors and OPCW destroyed Syria's existing stockpiles.

Bashar al-Assad is a madman. He does not care for anyone except his own people, and does not consider the Kurds, rebels, or ISIS as such. He has been the subject of many UN resolutions, and yet still maintains stockpiles of illegal weapons. Russia (and Iran) cover for him; they want their pipeline. The US opposes Assad; they do not want more Russian/Iranian oil diluting their control of the oil. Thus the stage is set.

Bashar Al-Assad is not a madman, he's highly intelligent and a genuine politician and statesman. If he were the mad psychopath as the western media is attempting to portray him he would have already been overthrown. What the western media is not telling you is that he has popular support and people are willing to fight and die for the nation of Syria. The United States, Israel, UK, France, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Turkey have poured billions of dollars into arming, training and funding a proxy army in Syria fueled by Islamic extremism that has little respect for human life. If anything is close to mad it's the leaders and governments from these countries.

If the Syrian Government didn't care about the rebels they wouldn't have reconciled with hundreds of villages and towns and allowed legitimate Syrian rebels to keep their arms and become the police force for their towns. The Syrian Army has also integrated former rebel factions into their ranks to fight against foreign backed extremists. The Syrian Army has shown great restraint when dealing with these foreign backed extremists by busing them out of pockets while allowing them to keep their small arms and leave with their families. The Syrian Army was not afforded such a luxury as when the opposition overwhelmed an SAA pocket the soldiers were lined up an executed without a whisper from the western media.

As far as caring about the Kurds they've fought side by side with the Kurds against Turkey, against the Turkish backed extremists and ISIS. The Kurds have their differences with the government as they were discriminated against before the war but the relationship is still there as Syria is willing to entertain federalism of Kurdish areas. The Syrian Government will not, however, support an autonomous Kurdish country in the Syrian north. There's also tension with the Kurds since they've decided to be the proxy force for the United States and their forces are occupying Arab cities and Syria's oil wealth. Once this issue is settled and the Kurds (hopefully) exchange the land for a federation and kick the U.S. out from Syria. If this happens the the two sides move on from this together with minimal conflict. The Syrian Government and the Kurds have made several political transactions recently to stem the Turkish invasion and there's mutual respect between the two factions even though they have their differences.

As far as the SAA caring about ISIS, I don't think anyone cares about ISIS except those funneling money and weapons to them.

I have heard many previous Trump supporters on this site stating their displeasure at last night's attack. I am sympathetic towards that position, as I also do not want us involved in non-defensive conflicts like Syria. However, the state of the world is what it is... and at least I am seeing an attempt to change it. Whether or not this attempt succeeds is another matter entirely. I hope it does, but I am cautious in my optimism. I am sure the UK and France do not share Trump's reasoning, even if they did last night share his immediate goal.

This isn't just about an aggressive war. This is about attacking another country based on a false flag attack. The only evidence the west had was the collected on social media. When probed what exact evidence they had their response was "the information is classified". Well I will tell you why it's classified, because national security could be upset if the public realized their only evidence was from videos posted on social media that could have been created anywhere. What happened on Friday was a "who has the biggest dick" event. Russia, thankfully, is the saner of the two nations and did not retaliate, it was a poor decision to risk WW3 to bomb a handful of locations in Syria for this purpose.

As for my well-documented support of Trump... I'm waiting to see how things work out. Personal vendettas like his against terrorism are inherently dangerous. His actions and results from this point on will determine whether I retain my support of him, or join the bandwagon to reject him as unfit for the next term.

Trump has set the table for all out war in Syria and have given the Islamic extremists more reason to carry out another false flag attack to draw in western intervention by saying he will attack even harder the next time chemical weapons are used. The Syrian opposition groups have not only been caught with sarin gas at the Turkish border the UN found them guilty of using sarin gas in 2013 but that report was buried and Assad attacked by Israel even when found innocent. Another chemical attack will occur and I'm betting it will happen in the Homs pocket. On that day I can only hope we are able to avert a WW3 scenario because the west are conducting themselves like psychopathic bullies.

edit on 16-4-2018 by Tenbatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I agree with the idea that the war in Syria is about Oil, but there is far more to the story than Russian Pipelines and access to the Mediterranean sea.

The real prize in the Syrian conflict is the Golan Heights which sits on possibly the the biggest remaining Oil and Gas reserves in the world.

The Golan Heights has been occupied by Israel since the beginning of the Syrian Civil War in 1967. Much like Gaza Israeli settlements expanded accross the region. This was condemed by United Nations Security Council in UN Resolution 497,[2][12] which stated that "the Israeli decision to impose its laws, jurisdiction and administration in the occupied Syrian Golan Heights is null and void and without international legal effect."

Despite this region being internationally recognized as part of Syria, Israel has continued to push to have it annexed. In recent years, Israel granted exclusive exploration and mining licenses for the region to a US based company called Genie Energy.

Here is some information relating to the people behind Genie Energy -

' Genie Energy's Strategic advisory board is composed of: Dick Cheney (former vice president of the United States), Rupert Murdoch (media mogul and chairman of News Corp), James Woolsey (former CIA director), Larry Summers (former head of the US Treasury), Bill Richardson, former Governor of New Mexico, an ex-ambassador to the United Nations and United States Energy Secretary.[2], Michael Steinhardt, Jacob Rothschild,[3].[2], and Mary Landrieu. Former United States Senator from Louisiana.'

www.worldoil.com...
www.profitconfidential.com...
www.economist.com...

That is the main reason Syria has been destroyed.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tenbatsu

I've seen a lot of posts like this on the net with people who have limited knowledge of the Syrian conflict are posting from a position of supposed expertise. You've made a lot of generalizations that are misleading people on this website and I will have to point these because it's important that people understand what's going on.

Last night, April 13, 2018, a coalition between the US, UK, and France launched an offensive maneuver against the regime of Bashar al-Assad of Syria. During this offensive, three targets were identified and destroyed, all of which were used in the manufacture/storage of chemical weapons. No civilian casualties have so far been reported to my knowledge. This action was opposed by Russia and Iran, Syria's allies. But so far, no one here seems to have realized why there was an attack.

The Syrian Government is not a regime, Assad was democratically elected in elections in 2014 where the opposition decided not to vote. They were given the opportunity to vote but decided not to do so. He has popular support of the people of Syria and the Sunni majority of the country support him. There's no evidence that the building struck contained chemical weapons, there's no evidence that Syria still has chemical weapons after the UN inspectors and OPCW destroyed Syria's existing stockpiles.

Bashar al-Assad is a madman. He does not care for anyone except his own people, and does not consider the Kurds, rebels, or ISIS as such. He has been the subject of many UN resolutions, and yet still maintains stockpiles of illegal weapons. Russia (and Iran) cover for him; they want their pipeline. The US opposes Assad; they do not want more Russian/Iranian oil diluting their control of the oil. Thus the stage is set.

Bashar Al-Assad is not a madman, he's highly intelligent and a genuine politician and statesman. If he were the mad psychopath as the western media is attempting to portray him he would have already been overthrown. What the western media is not telling you is that he has popular support and people are willing to fight and die for the nation of Syria. The United States, Israel, UK, France, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Turkey have poured billions of dollars into arming, training and funding a proxy army in Syria fueled by Islamic extremism that has little respect for human life. If anything is close to mad it's the leaders and governments from these countries.

If the Syrian Government didn't care about the rebels they wouldn't have reconciled with hundreds of villages and towns and allowed legitimate Syrian rebels to keep their arms and become the police force for their towns. The Syrian Army has also integrated former rebel factions into their ranks to fight against foreign backed extremists. The Syrian Army has shown great restraint when dealing with these foreign backed extremists by busing them out of pockets while allowing them to keep their small arms and leave with their families. The Syrian Army was not afforded such a luxury as when the opposition overwhelmed an SAA pocket the soldiers were lined up an executed without a whisper from the western media.

As far as caring about the Kurds they've fought side by side with the Kurds against Turkey, against the Turkish backed extremists and ISIS. The Kurds have their differences with the government as they were discriminated against before the war but the relationship is still there as Syria is willing to entertain federalism of Kurdish areas. The Syrian Government will not, however, support an autonomous Kurdish country in the Syrian north. There's also tension with the Kurds since they've decided to be the proxy force for the United States and their forces are occupying Arab cities and Syria's oil wealth. Once this issue is settled and the Kurds (hopefully) exchange the land for a federation and kick the U.S. out from Syria. If this happens the the two sides move on from this together with minimal conflict. The Syrian Government and the Kurds have made several political transactions recently to stem the Turkish invasion and there's mutual respect between the two factions even though they have their differences.

As far as the SAA caring about ISIS, I don't think anyone cares about ISIS except those funneling money and weapons to them.

I have heard many previous Trump supporters on this site stating their displeasure at last night's attack. I am sympathetic towards that position, as I also do not want us involved in non-defensive conflicts like Syria. However, the state of the world is what it is... and at least I am seeing an attempt to change it. Whether or not this attempt succeeds is another matter entirely. I hope it does, but I am cautious in my optimism. I am sure the UK and France do not share Trump's reasoning, even if they did last night share his immediate goal.

This isn't just about an aggressive war. This is about attacking another country based on a false flag attack. The only evidence the west had was the collected on social media. When probed what exact evidence they had their response was "the information is classified". Well I will tell you why it's classified, because national security could be upset if the public realized their only evidence was from videos posted on social media that could have been created anywhere. What happened on Friday was a "who has the biggest dick" event. Russia, thankfully, is the saner of the two nations and did not retaliate, it was a poor decision to risk WW3 to bomb a handful of locations in Syria for this purpose.

As for my well-documented support of Trump... I'm waiting to see how things work out. Personal vendettas like his against terrorism are inherently dangerous. His actions and results from this point on will determine whether I retain my support of him, or join the bandwagon to reject him as unfit for the next term.

Trump has set the table for all out war in Syria and have given the Islamic extremists more reason to carry out another false flag attack to draw in western intervention by saying he will attack even harder the next time chemical weapons are used. The Syrian opposition groups have not only been caught with sarin gas at the Turkish border the UN found them guilty of using sarin gas in 2013 but that report was buried and Assad attacked by Israel even when found innocent. Another chemical attack will occur and I'm betting it will happen in the Homs pocket. On that day I can only hope we are able to avert a WW3 scenario because the west are conducting themselves like psychopathic bullies.

You know this may be all well and true, but you skipped over the "killing kids with chemical weapons" part, which is pretty much why we are even talking about Syria right now.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Tenbatsu

You are very good at pointing out trees but not seeing the forest.

I posted what is really happening politically from the standpoint of the United States. I do not know Bashar al-Assad personally... never spoke to him, never drank a beer with him, never even talked to him on the phone. Perhaps you have.

My point was to illuminate why we were in Syria in the first place, and what had changed concerning the ongoing conflict in Syria. I was not attempting to psycho-analyze Assad, nor to comment on his personality features. For all I know he really, really loves cute puppies.

As for the false flag, I will admit that is a possibility, but I will not accept it as fact until more information comes to light.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Seagle

It's not about oil per se, but about the control of the oil economically... the dollar peg. Of course, that makes any oil deposits you mention just as worrisome. Every barrel of oil in the marketplace that is not purchased with US dollars is a barrel of oil that weakens our financial influence, be that oil from Syria itself, Russia through a pipeline, or Iran on a ship departing the Persian Gulf.

That has proven to be a hard point to get across to people.

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join