It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Really Happened Last Night

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

So the great un says syria can not own bleach and pine sol.

if they wanted to, yes. That's who we are in bed with. I for one want out of the UN.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I agree with but for another reason: I don't like seeing our sons and daughters die on foreign soil for useless wars.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid
The bottom line is God knows what he is doing...

Donald Trump may not be my choice, but he happens to be God's...

Just because a man is chosen by God does not mean that he will do everything right.

“For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south. But God is the judge: He putteth down one, and setteth up another!” [Psalm 75:6,7]

“Listen to the word of the Lord, God says, I will put at your helm for two terms a president that will pray, but he will not be a praying president when he starts,”

“It shall come to pass that the man I place in the highest office shall go in whispering my name. But God said, when he enters into office, he will be shouting out by the power of the Spirit. For I shall fill him with my Spirit when he goes into office and there will be a praying man in the highest seat in your land.” ~ Kim Clement

Seriously! Lol

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

One thing is for certain, the Assad regime is a Baathist, racist, fascist dictatorship. We can throw as much anti-war, pacifist tripe we want, and none of it will deter this dictatorship from oppressing the people there. Despots fear physical force, not moral force. If the small show of superior military force deters future tyranny, then we can say it was a job well done.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I'm not tossing bombs around.

I was referring to your 'selective enforcement' comment. You are selectively choosing the US as the country that is supposed to 'stand up' to atrocities. Why not demand Canada clean up Myanamar or make nice to Kim Jong Un?

In fact I don't see anyone else doing that except the "coalition".

You're not looking then. NK has been juggling nukes; someone dropped nasty chemicals on Dourma; Russia has bombers flying around the globe...

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

I'm not tossing bombs around.

I was referring to your 'selective enforcement' comment. You are selectively choosing the US as the country that is supposed to 'stand up' to atrocities. Why not demand Canada clean up Myanamar or make nice to Kim Jong Un?

I've got a better idea. Play in your own yard and leave others alone.

In fact I don't see anyone else doing that except the "coalition".

You're not looking then. NK has been juggling nukes; someone dropped nasty chemicals on Dourma; Russia has bombers flying around the globe...

TheRedneck

As to the bold, yeah. Who? To the rest I don't see any bombs dropping.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I do believe that is Trump's position, but not the position of those who put us in Syria in the first place. Their goals were much more selfish and sinister.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I hear you but do you think they will ever willingly let us remove our pieces off of the chess board? I was just thinking that maybe if the dollar didn't hold the power that it does, using us (USA) wouldn't be as profitable or as effective.

Maybe the pain and suffering if that situation were to occur would be necessary and possibly just. How much have we gained as a country through the pain and suffering of others? We had it really great after WWII because we were one of the only manufacturing base left intact.

I just keep on wondering when the check will finally come due and what type of payment terms will be issued.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I've got a better idea. Play in your own yard and leave others alone.

I agree, but I don't make US policy. Preaching to the choir produces few salvations.

As to who dropped the chemical bombs? I honestly don't know. I have to assume (yes, I know what it spells) that our intelligence had enough evidence to be clear and convincing it was Assad. I do not have to discount other possibilities however. Look for the follow-up actions; that will tell you the truth.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

However, the state of the world is what it is... and at least I am seeing an attempt to change it.

For the worse and the violent status quo remains, do I have to remind that the US, UK and France have no legal basis being anywhere near Syria?
naw

Never tell us the legality of empathy toward toxic compound victims......smiley smiley!!
edit on 14-4-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Those are good points.

Maybe some pain is beneficial. I have said many times leading up to the election that Trump would be one of the best and most painful Presidents we have had if he was elected. Why? Because our economy is about as unstable as it can get.

We spend trillions of dollars on ineffective social programs, spend billions to depress our own economy, and borrow almost all of it from ourselves (aka the Federal Reserve, which really only serves to drain our financial resources to the benefit of a select few wealthy individuals). We can do this because we have the International Reserve Currency, and we have that primarily because we are friendly with the Saud family (it was a US company, I think SoCal, who first proposed drilling in Saudi Arabia and discovered their massive oil cache, making the Sauds fantastically wealthy), and we do it because free stuff makes people vote for the politicians who give them free stuff.

That is inherently unstable. It is akin to a family spending ten times their income because they have a lot of land for bank collateral. At some point, though, borrowing money to repay money becomes too top heavy and the collateral runs out. The result is always complete bankruptcy.

So we have resorted to using military might and invasive foreign policy to keep our little shell game running. That has its own drawbacks, though, because we are not the only economic superpower on the block. Russia now has their own oil, and they want our position on top of the hill. China is rapidly outpacing everyone else economically and will eventually overtake us to the point that their currency may be more attractive than ours to the IMF. China needs oil though... and guess who has it and is sitting next door? Russia!

Our military might will fail. Our economy will collapse. That is a certainty now. The best we can hope for is that someone implements sound fiscal policy fast enough to at least minimize the severity of the collapse. That was my unspoken hope for Trump... he is stimulating the economy from the ground up. Will it be enough? I don't know. What I do know is that much of the blame for the coming collapse will land squarely on the heads of those who have unfairly oppressed him in his attempts: the anti-Trumpers.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

So the great un says syria can not own bleach and pine sol.

if they wanted to, yes. That's who we are in bed with. I for one want out of the UN.

TheRedneck

Hmmm

seems like lil nicky and trump has some things to say about that...

after all we did just put on a show over such...

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The evidence was a video taken off of a social media site...

Seems pretty solid to me cause afterall there is the saying that if you seen it on the webs then it must be true.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

This is exactly why many of us have been saying for years we needed out of the UN. The UN itself is forcing us into foreign areas we don't need to be in, and probably all as part of the plan I outlined. It is not some benevolent body that seeks to improve humanity; it is a nefarious body that seeks to advance global agendas through intimidation and economic coercion, using the might and financial resources of a few select countries to support its plans.

We are one of those countries.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

This is exactly why many of us have been saying for years we needed out of the UN. The UN itself is forcing us into foreign areas we don't need to be in, and probably all as part of the plan I outlined. It is not some benevolent body that seeks to improve humanity; it is a nefarious body that seeks to advance global agendas through intimidation and economic coercion, using the might and financial resources of a few select countries to support its plans.

TheRedneck

Perhaps the reason we are still in such is not because the un has forced us but because we have forced the un to do our will.

In other words we could try all day long to change the un but the power behind the un is new york and washington via the elected officials who we keep letting off the hook every 4 yrs or so.

I see right through the un cause they really are just a mouth piece.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Gods choice..seriously WTF???
Your post takes the cake today

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

TheRedneck

Couldn’t agree more! Here is one of the likely “planned” scenarios, Agenda 21.
www.freedomadvocates.org...

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

That's a fair point. If our leaders really wanted out, we would get out.

I think there is a wide, wide gulf between the powers in DC and the general population. It makes it hard sometimes to explain exactly who I mean when I say 'we.' Is 'we' the people of the United States, or the government of the United States acting on (unapproved) behalf of the people?

It's the same issue when discussing political groups. Who is the 'right'? Who is the 'left'? The 'alt-right'? The 'far left'? The 'liberals'? The 'conservatives'? The 'neo-cons'? The 'progressives'?

I self-identify as 'conservative,' but I am not in support of an absolute ban on abortion or military intervention or harsher MJ penalties. I've been called a 'liberal' by 'conservatives' and a 'right-winger' by 'liberals.' So what am I?

I am The Redneck, an ornery old cuss sitting hidden in the mountains of North Alabama. No label defines me, even my screen name. I define it.

Wow, did I just go off on a tangent! Sorry...

Anyway, I see your point. Please don't think that anything in my earlier posts disagreed with it. English is a seriously sucky language...

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

The un is controlled by the usa.

Just where is the un located?

Just how in the world did those un inspectors know to get out of the way of those bombs last nite?

Why did we destroy any real evidence last nite of where the real source of the chemical was from?

Very convenient that pesky un is.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

I just have to say to you and the others who have expressed similar thoughts... he may well be correct. I just didn't want to take this thread here.

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join