It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Salisbury toxin results in - NOT Novichok, NOT Russian

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: firerescue

Yes. About 30 people were also hospitalised but only as a precaution.

I'm here in Salisbury and the clean up is pretty thorough and is expected to go on until Christmas.

Still plenty of people on here who don't believe it was Russia, though.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
Still plenty of people on here who don't believe it was Russia, though.

But there are plenty of people who think the world is flat, or that Gaddaffi was a nice guy who kept hamsters in his cellars.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

It is flat you globe tard. Anyone that believes NASA's claims are sheep. Satellites are fake and so is space. It's actually water. What about the glass dome? Moon landings were fake. Etc.

Prove that Gaddaffi did not have pet hamsters in his cellar.

I am joking.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Heres the problem it was weaponiced people don't understand what that means. Novichok can be made in a lab with certain precautions. Almost any lab could knowing the chemical formula but thats not what happened here. To have an effective chemical weapon you need it to be safe to transport,needs to be safe for someone to administer. You don't want to kill your own people trying to kill theirs. To do this chemical weapons usually involve 2 or more. Precursors you mix together to activate the agent. You also can modify leathality of the agent along with method of delivery.

This was a gel neurotoxin is very difficult to make. It requires years of testing and very high tech equipment. Just trying to figure out how precursors can be combined to create the final product is years of research. Look at the inventor of novichok that was pretty much his life's work,and why he wrote a book on it. Even Iran and its samples were not weaponized the end product was a gas that had the same chemical make up. Very few countries in the world had the ability to recreate the Russian program. Even the US would have taken years to develop novichok. Same goes with Russia recreating sarin originally designed in the US. Took Russia over a decade to figure out what American chemists did. Russia can truly be the only source the only question is were these samples stolen from them. Maybe? maybe not but ultimately if these samples were stolen and they failed to alert the international community they still have level responsibility

edit on 4/20/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

a reply to: paraphi

It is flat you globe tard. Anyone that believes NASA's claims are sheep. Satellites are fake and so is space. It's actually water. What about the glass dome? Moon landings were fake. Etc.

Prove that Gaddaffi did not have pet hamsters in his cellar.

I am joking.

You work for the Chinese space agency don't you? Lol

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Yes I do. How you know? I am in charge of the giant water tanks we use for faking spacewalks ....Oh! What a giveawy!

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Due to the mode of action of the toxic chemical, the symptoms, and the clinical presentation of the three individuals, the toxic chemical is categorised as non-scheduled nerve agent. In addition, the OPCW notes that the chemical was of high purity, indicating that the chemical is not volatile and degrades slowly. All this is cause for grave concern as we now face a clear case of a new family of toxic chemicals intended to kill.

STATEMENT ON BEHALF OF THE EUROPEAN UNION
DELIVERED BY AMBASSADOR KRASSIMIR KOSTOV
PERMANENT REPRESENTATIVE
OF THE REPUBLIC OF BULGARIA TO THE OPCW
AT THE 59TH MEETING OF THE EXECUTIVE COUNCIL
18 APRIL 2018

Do you know what that means? By all means, share a bean or two?

Russia can truly be the only source ...

No.

In 2016, Iranian chemists synthesised five Novichok agents for analysis and produced detailed mass spectral data which was added to the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons Central Analytical Database.[12][13] Previously there had been no detailed descriptions of their spectral properties in open scientific literature.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Making a chemical agent involves relatively simple chemistry

Packaging it to be delivered is another story

Take the Japanese cult, Aum Shinrikyo

It produced batch of crude Sarin. sealed it in plastic bags. then in paper bags . Cult members dropped these in subway
trains, puncturing the bags with sharpened umbrellas to slowly leak

The Novichok in the Skirpal incident was highly refined and them mixed in a gel to allow agent to place it in path of
the Skirpals

This required considerable planning to determine where and when to place it

Even if Iranians could produce it is question of why would try to kill retired former spy ??

Unless acting as proxy for the Russians as the Bulgarians did in 1970's in poisoned pellet murders in London

It is extremely reckless to target such a person and then carry out assassination attempt using exotic poison
associated with you

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I have yet to understand why people think Russia would use their most notorious nerve agent in an attack like this. Surely they would want as little ties back to themselves.

-Guava

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Guava

Why did they poison Litvinenko with Polonium rather than make his death look like an accident or something?

They got away with that so I guess they thought that they could divide the West's response but they seem to have miscalculated the united response they have received.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

It makes the most sense that they wanted people to know they did it, but didn’t want it probable enough to start a war.

It would take a fisrt world government to access the poison, and Russia is the only first world government with a motivation we know about.

From there we need a new conspiracy to explain why someone else would do it.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

They had a motive, the means and previous form so the finger of suspicion points squarely at Russia.

I can't see why anyone else would do it.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

... to kill a man they had in custody years ago. Sure.
It still makes no sense whatsoever, your finger of suspicion could use a nose for conspiracy. Just saying.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Who knows what might have changed over those 10 years?

I still think that Russia is suspect in this. Pretty sure it was not Theresa May/Boris Johnson.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Why would they have killed him when they had him in custody knowing he could be used as bargaining chip?
edit on 4/24/2018 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

That is a very good point. I had not thought of that. They used him as a bargaining chip that eventually led to an exchange of spies so it was in Russia's interest not to kill him at the time..

They do have a long memory.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 03:22 AM
link   
But Hey!!! ... The saga does not end. Bild newspaper now suspects an FSB grandpa operative for running over Vladimir Uglev with a car
Cool stuff!

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
AGAIN!
Wiltshire pair poisoned by Novichok Nerve Agent

SO they have a Lot of explaining to do.
Never trust your Government...

"nothing in their background" to suggest the
pair were targeted, the Met Police said."

Why close Boots Chemists?
are they giving the Nerve Agent out?

edit on 4-7-2018 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: buddha

They cordoned off the places that the couple were known to have gone to, including the Park by the river and a Church as well as the pharmacy.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 04:02 AM
link   

a reply to: JoshuaCox

They had a motive, the means and previous form so the finger of suspicion points squarely at Russia.

I can't see why anyone else would do it.

with the impending political and economic transition just up the road I suspect increased funding requests from cwe's right down to street sanitation will be submitted.
f

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join