It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Week In Parliament ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Well Theresa M has acted while the MP's of the UK were on spring break. There for sure will be some fun in Parliament when they return next week.
Let us hope it has all calmed a little. I am not sure what if anything has actually been achieved that is positive ?
Bragging rights that all the Missiles got through to add the the already damaged Land or that they mostly were intercepted I have seen printed..
Good I hope that as yet the casualty count is low maybe ?

www.bbc.co.uk...

Prime ministers don't choose the decisions that face them. But they have to judge which way to jump. In 2013, Theresa May's predecessor tried and failed to get approval for military action against President Assad. There was international alarm, then as now, about his suspected use of chemical weapons. But MPs rejected David Cameron's plan and he didn't try again to persuade Parliament it was necessary. This time, she has avoided that particular obstacle by taking action alongside the US and France while MPs are away.

Time and again at a press conference at Downing Street this morning the prime minister spelled out the strikes that took place overnight were limited, targeted and a response to the suspected use of chemical weapons in Douma. With no clear indication of public support or consent, she time and again was at pains to say that she had authorised action for a specific reason - to punish President Assad for gassing his own people, as the government believes he has. She will face an almighty row in the coming days over going ahead without consulting Parliament.

www.bbc.co.uk...

An update on what we know so far Washington says 105 weapons were launched against three targets in Syria - a research facility in Damascus and storage facilities near Homs The missile strikes were carried out from "air and naval platforms" by the US, UK and France and "successfully hit every target" The "precise, overwhelming and effective" action was in retaliation for a suspected chemical weapons attack last Saturday President Trump says the allies "marshalled their righteous power against barbarism and brutality" by conducting "perfectly executed" strikes Russia says missiles were also aimed at other targets but many were intercepted by air defences The Pentagon contradicts this, saying "no Syrian weapon had any effect" on the operation Vladimir Putin says the air strikes are an "act of aggression", calling for an urgent UN meeting Syrian state media calls the strikes "a flagrant violation of international law" PM May said the air strikes were "both right and legal" and there had been "no alternative" Mrs May also linked the suspected chemical weapons attack in Douma to the nerve agent attack on a Russian ex-spy and his daughter in the UK, saying they showed a "pattern of disregard for chemical weapons norms"

edit on 14 4 2018 by skywatcher44 because: Add a Little..

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
We storm the place and hang em all.
That's what I hope happens.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

The casualty rate was exceptionally low as the US informed Russia what was going to be hit , I've seen figures of between 3 to 6 injured , the strikes were more symbolic than retribution and were little more than a face saving exercise.

While I don't agree with what she did May did what Prime Ministers have the right to do so although there will be rumblings in the House next week I doubt it will cause her a problem.

A bit of military action never did Thatcher any harm , some would say the Falklands were more to do with reversing her lack of popularity at the time than any concern for the territory.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

What should happen is a bunch of international lawyers should enter and lead May away in handcuffs

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Bootsy...why ya' got stars in yo' eyes??

%%% "Owww, we want da funk...gotta' have dat funk! Owww, we want da funk...gotta' have dat funk!" %%%

%%% "Swing down sweet chariot, stop...and let ME riiiiiiiide!" %%%

edit on 4/14/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Do we as yet know what "chemical weapon" was supposedly used ? They need a smoking gun at the very least other wise it may have been a hammer that was the weapon .

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Chlorine gas , there might have been some Sarin added for extra spice but that's speculation.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
What should happen is a bunch of international lawyers should enter and lead May away in handcuffs

In the first place, you are confusing lawyers with law enforcers.
Lawyers work up theories about what other people should be doing. They don't have the power of doing things themselves.
Once there is an international legislature enforcing decisions with an international police force, then you can see international arrests.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

In the first place, you are confusing lawyers with law enforcers.
Lawyers work up theories about what other people should be doing. They don't have the power of doing things themselves.
Once there is an international legislature enforcing decisions with an international police force, then you can see international arrests.

Thanks for the lesson in law and it's interesting that you didn't mention the UN there.

A major problem here is that the US and allies have been allowed to get away with violating the sovereignty of other countries for too long, it seems that international law seems to get forgotten a lot

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum
I didn't mention the U.N. because the U.N. don't have any powers.
Nobody has given them the legal right to supersede the authority of individual governments, and their practical ability to overrride individual govenrments depends on other individual governments being ready to go to war.
So "international law" is not really a solid enforceable thing, except in conspiracy theory. It remains a combination of consensus and elaborate theorising. If there is no consensus among the big nations to seize a Prime Minister by force of arms, then legal theorising counts for nothing.

edit on 14-4-2018 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

top topics

join