It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Art Bell dead at 72

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
www.google.com...

Art Bell certainly did his share to put Area 51 on the map.

I talked to him once on ham radio. I also did some email with him when KNYE was just getting started. I was driving the hills east of the Nevada Test Site and put my car radio on scan. I picked up a station that was playing nothing but Art Bell's bumpers. Weird I thought. Then I heard Art's voice do a station ID. I recorded the next station ID and sent him a MP3.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Ironic it was this day .... Friday the Thirteenth.. Somehow it seems Fate.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   
RIP I will miss his voice out in the wilderness.
Spent many nights driving listening to him an his callers.
End of an era.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: gariac

I heard the last 15 minutes of Coast to Coast this morning and heard them playing some clips of his and figured that he had passed.

link   

He was a legend in his area of expertise. Got me through many late night drives. RIP

link   
No!! Oh god. RIP Art. You opened me up to so many things. My husband and I will miss you greatly.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Art had a radio life prior to Coast to Coast. He did a talk show on Las Vegas KDWN (K Dawn). When a drunk or somewhat crazy person would call in, he kept them on the air rather than dump the caller for someone more lucid. And that was how the Coast to Coast format was created.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
RIP Art, I hope you can now find all the answers to the mysteries of the universe (like how deep is Mel's Hole?)!

edit on 4142018 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
"From the High Desert and the Great American Southwest, I bid you all Good Evening or Good Morning, depending on your time zone...... Wann'a take a ride"

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Thank You Mr Bell. The company and entertainment you provided in the darkest of hours was a life saver. Semper Fi

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
RIP Art. He was the best.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: gariac
Art had a radio life prior to Coast to Coast. He did a talk show on Las Vegas KDWN (K Dawn). When a drunk or somewhat crazy person would call in, he kept them on the air rather than dump the caller for someone more lucid. And that was how the Coast to Coast format was created.

That really helped make the show interesting and fun.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

If only more radio hosts did that. It really pisses me off when the host cuts them off and just berates them without letting them finish...cough...Alex...Ahem...

RIP Art. Absolute legend, one of the greats.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I used to listen to you on the radio for years - your one-of-a-kind voice ringing out over the airwaves from Nevada, and still have tons of videos I downloaded when a member of Coast to Coast.

A few of my most favorite shows was the mysterious guy who called to say he couldn't talk long because they could triangulate his position and then hung up rather quickly, mel's hole, sounds from hell, and ed dames.

Thank you for many, many very interesting and informative nights.

God speed Mr. Bell. What a sad day.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Rest In Peace Art.

You changed the world.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Wow, I remember back in my 20's (46 now) listening to him, every night all night. I did not like George, nearly as much as Art. Bummer!

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
RIP to a true Broadcaster. Like an old friend, you kept me awake and engaged in deep conversation and thought many many nights.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Oh no.....really enjoyed his shows while on the overnight shifts in the 90's...say hi to my dad Art

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Art Bell changed the way i viewed all conspiracy theories. he would listen to people. he would ask questions in such a way that his guests felt safe and opened up to him about their experiences. he didn't treat them like they were looney tunes.

i never called his show. now i wish i did just to say hello and thank you.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
More info in this now closed thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join