It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch a left leaning person and right leaning person criticize the bipartisan calls for war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 02:20 AM
link   
A great video from two very opposing people on why war in syria is stupid.

definitely worth a watch

edit on 14-4-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

To be honest, I will be impressed if people would wake up to the left/right brainwashing.

If people didn't choose a team much of this crap would be called out long before missiles were being fired...

Anyhow it's refreshing to see you question the current administration.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

To be honest, I will be impressed if people would wake up to the left/right brainwashing.

If people didn't choose a team much of this crap would be called out long before missiles were being fired...

I have known about the fake left right.

Its more like globalist vs nationalists.

Or more specifically, establishment vs. outsider.

I voted for trump to further out the fake dichotomy; which he has done perfectly, even if not intentionally.

Even bernie by virtue of being cheated out of the primary achieved this.

I liked a lot of what trump had done, and criticized much too.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 02:33 AM
link   

My comments are only based on my place as an observer in these conversations, I'm rarely part of the conversation I just interject smart ass remarks with no substance. It's just how I see it that's all, I've noticed a change in your comments and views.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Another video with tucker and left leaning glenn greenwald

Two things of note.

1 notice the parts about how members of the nedia and politicians accused tucker of being a russian stooge for daring to ask questions about syria.

2. notice how glenn brings up a point I have made, that the only time the MSM that spends 95% of its time bashing trump actually praised trump is when a year ago he bombed syria. Further proof the liberal msm is foaming at the mouth for this war along with the neocons.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Screw all the people who think we should go to war. No thought of the amount of pain and death that’s involved. They act like the military is made up of nameless machines, soulless men and women. Disposable meat wads sacrificed on a whim. I’m tired of those who preach peace foaming at the mouth for conflict. It’s not their kids dying, they’re not affected. Calling for war with Russia for Facebook posts? Bomb Syria because for some reason we are the worlds police. We kill tons of innocent people but we are righteous in our actions. Do as we say, not as we do. Ugh, I really hope this doesn’t escalate. It’s gotta be a population control excuse. It’s the only thing that makes sense. I can’t wait til the mother ship comes for me. Civilized my ass.

edit on 14-4-2018 by Starhooker because: Mr President called and distracted me

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Tucker is right on the money, likewise with Jimmy too - I also talked about this latest chemical attack in Syria being the US's 3rd attempt at removing Assad in a thread a few days ago. They're both correct - anyone with a functioning brain and an average memory will know that the US always cries foul with the left hand whilst killing with the right hand - this is how warpigs roll, it's how the House-of-War functions - Yemen being just the latest in a long line of testaments to this fact.

Trump is now understanding the power of the dark side and Tucker Carlsons piece is bang on correct - if he (Carlson) is not sanctioned for it, then it is a message that is being delivered for us to take heed - this war is BS.

Reminds me of the lead up to Operation Iraqi Freedom - suddenly politicians are in agreement - this means we're about to be extra shafted.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Starhooker
Screw all the people who think we should go to war. No thought of the amount of pain and death that’s involved. They act like the military is made up of nameless machines, soulless men and women. Disposable meat wads sacrificed on a whim. I’m tired of those who preach peace foaming at the mouth for conflict. It’s not their kids dying, they’re not affected. Calling for war with Russia for Facebook posts? Bomb Syria because for some reason we are the worlds police. We kill tons of innocent people but we are righteous in our actions. Do as we say, not as we do. Ugh, I really hope this doesn’t escalate. It’s gotta be a population control excuse. It’s the only thing that makes sense. I can’t wait til the mother ship comes for me. Civilized my ass.

Interesting fact: only .4% of the US population are active duty military. Most people really AREN'T affected. At all. Its just a 5 second clip they see on the news when they watch it.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Only very few members here seem to grasp that simple fact that you so eloquently delivered in that post .

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The reason I am team Conservative is simply because they better represent my values. It would make no sense to be neutral when the liberals are wrong on so many issues. Note that I am not using party names because the individual party’s tend to be crap, but I will always be team Conservative.

edit on 2018/4/14 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

The reason I am team Conservative is simply because they better represent my values. It would make no sense to be neutral when the liberals are wrong on so many issues. Note that I am not using party names because the individual party’s tend to be crap, but I will always be team Conservative.

I appreciate your honesty.

The issue I see with taking sides is that your honesty and candor can be used against you.

Both sides can be wrong, not one side is exclusively wrong , it is what it is, both sides are used against each other, even though at times both sides are right.

The key here is for both sides to see past the others flaws and attempt to coexist m

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   

That’s the problem. Too many aren’t willing to accept others with opposing views. Straight up hatred for thinking different. People who wouldn’t hurt a fly (supposedly), will mob your ass for the slightest opposition to they’re views. Violence is only ok when they’re the ones dishing it out because they’re morally righteous. How American.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Another Jimmy dore video calling out the warmongering democrats for getting the war they wanted.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Nice to see folks like Alex Jones, Tucker, etc unwavering on their initial stance.

I just can't articulate the damage the left has done to our country; Nor can I fathom the damage the right has done. From Obama and beyond, a vicious cycle of fake investigations, allegations and obstruction is the new norm.

Some have mentioned "something is different" and they're right. A lot changed last night. I think, for some of us, any hope we had in the future of our country fell with the bombs in Syria.

I haven't decided if/what this changes for me personally, but I am sick over what has happened to us. Just sick and in disbelief, despite my instinct to support Trump through thick and thin. Through all of that, I have to know he still stands for the People and not the globalists.

Long live the US Republic.
edit on 4/14/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Dude, you've taken a buttload of heat from practically everyone (left and right) for your stance.

I've agrees with you no doubt.

Hell, even had some one claim that I supported bombing Syria even after my bajillion posts rejecting the actions.

But somehow you've taken the heat and become a lightning rod for whatever angst people are fretting over this.

I'd buy you a beer if I could!

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Dude, you've taken a buttload of heat from practically everyone (left and right) for your stance.

I've agrees with you no doubt.

Hell, even had some one claim that I supported bombing Syria even after my bajillion posts rejecting the actions.

But somehow you've taken the heat and become a lightning rod for whatever angst people are fretting over this.

I'd buy you a beer if I could!

Thank you.

I had several beers last night!

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

It's not just right/left brainwashing , there are certain sets of core beliefs that make a person like me fall within the left side of the divide , although not everyone on either side hold to the same exact thought processes.

I think t most folks on either side are genuinely trying to problem solve the same things, the divide is to the how.

Btw I a fan of Jimmy Dore and kyle of Secular Talk.

new topics

top topics

join