It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World war 3 updates US strikes Syria. It begins

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
a reply to: greyhat

I wouldn't doubt it
I believe this is a result of inaction by Russia in Syria.
It is perceived Russia will not defend Iran effectively if it is attacked.

There is little they can do. Russia doesn't have enough assets deployed in Syria to stand up against Israel. They could of course surprise and hurt them, knocking down strike package with long range SAMs, but the Israeli response would result in their AD getting wiped out pretty quickly. The Russian presence in Syria isn't that impressive and backup is thousands of miles away. They'd be down to cruise missile and Tu-160 raids on day 2, which would be pretty ineffective against Israeli AD unless you go nuclear. Which obviously wouldnt happen.
Hence the understanding between Russia and Israel which has hold for years at this point - Russia ignores any Israeli activity as long as its not directed at them and Israel lets the Russians help out Assad. Pretty simple.
Thing is, Putin couldnt give a rats ass whether or not Israel goes to war with Iran - or Syria for that matter - anyway. As long as he can keeps his bases open and the Americans out its of little concern to Russia if their 'allies' what happens between them. Both sides understand this.

As for Israel actually going to war with Iran in Syria - dont bet on it. Netanyahu doesnt have the balls to do something drastic like that. This is really funny actually, most people have this idea about Netanyahu being some kind of warmonger, ultra hawkish guy barely kept restrained by the international community or something while in reality he is anything but. He talks a big game but is actually very hesitant to throw the chips down. The guy has been in office for 12 years now and not only did back out of attacking Iranian nuclear facilities but barely fought one war over Gaza. If you look at the history he's probably one of the more cautious PMs in Israels history. He sure likes his covert air strikes and everything else he can get away with, but he is noone to rush into a full scale war if he can help it at all.

I don't think its the right call in his situation, he should come down hard on Iran in Syria (and those new missile factories in Lebanon too) as long as he still can and the problem is comparativley small. If Iran is allowed to stay in Syria, the situation will look far, far worse for Israel a couple of years down the road, no matter how many covert air strikes they can conduct in the mean time. If i where him i'd look very closely on a unlimited air campaign against Syria, possible even including a ground component. But i really dont think that he will go down this route.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: mightmight

Putin does give a Rats ass about Iran and Syria,but as you say there is little one nation can do against the combined military will of Israel, EU/NATO/SUNNI states.
Russia would rather give up than hurl nukes.
Anyone understanding the chess board knows what Syria and Iran are about, drawing out and isolating China by defeating it's allies.
two competing economies fighting over control and resource$
It's absolutely guaranteed Israel will strike Iran, it's just a matter of when,given the current political climate,the momentum on the ground i'd say within 6 months were going to see fireworks,including troops IN Syria to expel Iran.
edit on 1-5-2018 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Hmm I am hearing crickets on one of the most important threads on ats. Something important to pay attention to. Anyhow in case you missed it.

Another one

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

Happens all the time. We intercept theirs, they intercept ours. They only seem to publish these stories on slow news days or when they want to ramp people up. But it actually happens just about every day.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

The only thing western media wont mention is all those times the russians have intercepted the F-22.

I guess that is bad public information.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

edit on 5/1/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I was just posting it. Seems they like to buzz by close to our recon planes and buzz by our ship. Just posting it is all. Right or wrong I dunno anymore these days.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

They do, but I've only heard of one that was really dangerous lately. We have aircraft flying out of the UK to the Med daily, so it's happening lots more than its being reported.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Large scale cross borders attacks now occurring between Israel, Syria forces and Iranian forces in Syria. Very very fluid situation. Tensions high and chance of extreme escalations possible.

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join