It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ive been lurking.. and have learned a lot.. but tonight is different

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

What you are seeing is a show. An elaborate performance. This strike was literally the least that could have been done. Its to save face among western countries and show that they arent weak among their smaller allies. Its also a good show to put on for north korea. If any of this was a big deal, then soon you would see a major push against coalition that hold the territory east of the Euphrates. Everyone seems to have forgotten about that. 5000 Us troops are providing support to an insurgency and they are holding about 1/3 of syria. Thats legally syrian territory. If this wasnt some carefully choreographed dance, then assad with russia would be shelling that area and going to the international court and saying "hey these americans weren't invited here, they need to leave" and kick out everything that doesnt have approval of the syrian government and then end it". But thats not whats happening. Instead Assad has accepted that syria will be a little smaller, but he will still rule, and the kurds will get their own land.
Frankly i think trump would like to get out of syria, but its been impressed on him that geopolitics and the stability of the united states requires more than isolationism.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

We all need to come together.

In America, unity seems to come easiest to us while we have the drums of war pounding in our ears. This is nothing new and politicians-presidents alike use this to their advantage. So it would appear that Trump may be continuing the legacy of American intervention.

I am not a fan of Trump and think he is a complete douchebag, but I had hopes he was not going to go down the same road many feared Hillary would.

The road to war.

But he did and we must now deal with the consequences.

yes your hope was so strong you argued on ats strongly for supporting the intel communities in their drummed up push to get trump into conflict with russia, all the while arguing against any investigation into the establishment people like hillary on the intel communities themselves.

But good job trying to sound reasonable now and act like you are opposed to war
edit on 13-4-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   

End game? Not much.

Syria's not going to spiral out of control, but it could be expensive for us if we go boots on the ground. Neither the US or Russia are willing to risk open war against each other over the country.

What we're seeing is an incompetent "leader" who has lost his entire support structure, lashing out, and trying to reclaim control over the narrative as part of a political defense to brace against the coming legal battles.

There's no long term commitment to Syria, just intermittent bombs until it's not in the headlines anymore.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I'm not a fan of this based on what we know publicly.

I'm not discounting the existence of information that would inform my opinion. I just don't have enough of it to like the idea.
It sounds like a tit-for-tat move which is better than the alternative, but rarely accomplish much. But again we don't know much about the targets or what was employed or the BDA.

Oddly enough, I trust Mattis more than Trump or the rest of the IC, so I'm willing to suspend my outrage at the moment even if I don't particularly like this development.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Could this debacle could be boiled down to one simple issue, the Qatar–Turkey pipeline? My friend who was adamantly against war now says this is a necessary power play to gain a global advantage. Do you guys think this is the real reason underlying the hype?

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

1) Its longer our country . Its the Corporations country.
2) In the new era of identity politics, coming together is highly ill advised. Conflicts between the tribes are the result.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I am not thrilled with this, but here we are. He still sits in the oval office so we have to wait and see what his next move is, he said mission accomplished... so if he pulls out after this I am willing to give it a distasteful pass. If he keeps us in Syria or ups the troop total again then I will have to hope there is enough momentum to block trump next election. (ill be working for a third party anyways)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join