It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick of the attack from all sides

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Man,

I am just getting burned out from it from all sides.
This is beyond politics.

I supported Trump, and it turned out to be one of the worst decisions I made.

Hurah, hurah

My family is in manufacturing, and right now we are seeing catastrophic consequences to the policies he is putting in place.

Too much too fast, specifically in the steel industry.

Suppliers are freezing up, refusing prices on US steel, the supply to the factories are priced beyond what it takes to maintain business.

We are having to lay off mostly everyone, including high paid positions, down to the floor workers to keep the lights on.

I am in the middle of building a steel building for my business now in Florida, that I had to stop, due to the price jump in steel.

I employ all kinds of subcontractors, I rehab houses in nice areas, I help keep peoples properties values up, I sell at or below values, so I don't drive up property cost.

The people here don't make it worth it anymore. Scumbags scooping everything up to be slumlords and trap the service industry workers.
Guys like Rick Scott, making laws closing beaches across Florida, so you can only walk on the wet part of the beach, because he has "a ton of" beachfront property in Naples.

I help the cities bring in property taxes from otherwise empty houses.

The city doesn't keep up outside my area here and I am having trouble selling without major discounts.

On top of it, I was just hit with a 1600 mandatory price increase on my property taxes, right on the announcement of Trump lowering taxes.

Honestly, our government has turned on us, it is getting pretty scary.

Rigged internet, constant spying, market rigging, inside trading, 24/7 anxiety driven fake news, weaponized everything.

MAGA?

More like

Make Americans Get Out

We need our country back before it's too late.

If I hear about one more BS partisan soap opera or middle east BS war, I am going to puke.

Rant over

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

It takes decades to stuff up an entire country.

But hey, blame the guy that is trying to fix it.

We are having to lay off mostly everyone, including high paid positions, down to the floor workers to keep the lights on.

Keep the people, turn the lights off.

These hit pieces just keep coming.

BTW, how does this affect you in the Siberian Tundra?

P

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

How about that tax cut that was a 2% raise for you and a 49% raise for him???

Lol

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
You can't blame everything on Trump, he's only been in office 14 months.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Come back when you have a little more experience in manufacturing, or running a business.

Try to keep up...

This is about bad policies.

Everyone knows we are in a sh1t position with China, we have all been to Walmart.

"Keep the lights on" is an expression that means pay the overhead, the material suppliers and at the end of the day pay the workers. These workers are loyal and have been with the company for over 20 years and are like family.
You don't just jump ship when a lot of people rely on you to feed their families.

The steel prices are enough to destroy many, many factories large and small that require steel in their products.

Paper tariffs are wreaking havoc on the printing related industries as well.

Hit pieces?

I am offering you a ground floor result from these hastily done tariffs.
People are loosing their jobs, his moves need corrected asap.

These are American workers.

These are the factory workers that we need more of.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
You can't blame everything on Trump, he's only been in office 14 months.

I can't blame Trump for the Tariffs HE hastily made on steel and paper that is now crashing factories?

Care to try again?

Maybe think before you type this time?

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

How about that tax cut that was a 2% raise for you and a 49% raise for him???

Lol

Yeah, he was the trojan horse.

I love how he pushed the huge tax cuts, then my county was ready and waiting for a 60% property tax increase just about the day the news came out.

It's so refreshing having such an outsider save us.
LMAO

I hate to go all no hope on everyone, but the band will keep on playing otherwise.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   

On top of it, I was just hit with a 1600 mandatory price increase on my property taxes, right on the announcement of Trump lowering taxes.

This one was too easy....I will pick apart the others later
You know property taxes are in no shape , no way a Federal deal , right ?
You did know they are local , county , and state , right ?
BRB for the rest.
Gonna be fun

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Good grief, you've gotten pissed about 25 years too late!

You're overlooking union corruption, AFL/CIO madness, ripping off of industry and pricing American labor out of the world market. The steel industry is something I actually know about, it was what my father did in the 50's to 70's.

And now you want to get mad? Just now??? And blame it on the current administration???? After Obama, Bush(es), Clinton(s), Nixon, Johnson...holy cow! You're WAY late on the scene!

I think you need to go back and read some history!

Very convenient posture, blaming all the woes you've cited on the current administration when they've had nearly ZERO effect on anything you've talked about!

edit on 4/13/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   

You had a binary choice between Hillary or Trump. To me it was better to vote for Trump. We will have another chance to vote in 2020. Maybe Trump will be the best choice again or maybe not, but you can't blame yourself for choosing Trump over Hillary. That is a no brainer.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Tried telling folks.. Watching him in his 20's he was a sniveling, sarcastic, privileged pr--l with bone spurs while regular men his age we're going off to war.

Not him...Let others do it.. he's got a party to go to.

Sound familiar? And so.. we prepare to die as he goes golfing.

Some of us watching him grow up the last 50 years tried to tell everyone... Now look...

new topics

top topics

join