It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Physicalities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I am looking for messages and information about life. I would like to challenge those things that people like to keep hidden, expose and address issues that probably have different interpretations, and all of those will help me to learn. Because this is not a rant, but an open request to learn.

It appears that society cannot help those who cannot help themselves. But, I have seen people help other people, and seen them have chances to, but some of them choose not to, maybe they could have different belief systems, so what I see as helping somebody they may think differently of.

My main focus is some of the people that most likely and obviously have the most pain, who are the homeless. Do you believe that the pain which enters a broken down man, unlearned and poor, and causes him to become homeless, is something that a physician or therapist should address?

I would say no, my idea of a supportive civilization would have more organizations of giving things. Not giving psychiatric attention but every day medicine and values. I think it is the pain which has cause this to happened. But I admit that the pain was a result of their own decisions and some of them could turn a chance to help down.

Let's narrow down in on this pain, much of it coming from addiction. How should people cope with the pain that they have? Because I don't think it is the addiction that destroys them, I think it is the pain.

With every day people, sympathy does nothing really. There is not much that a person can so for a person in pain. If a person did have sympathy, and said "Oh I am sorry, I wish you didn't have to feel bad." It is almost better to not even mention pain to avoid anything negative. Them seeing you in pain does not help the situation.

Should they meditate like a Yogi and allow the natural force of pain to permeate through themselves? That would be facing the pain. Some people may prepare for that but when they finally arrive to that time, the words yelling in their head are "how can I endure this?"

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienVessel

With addiction, that has to be taken care of fist, because the pain can't even be addressed with active addiction going on. Furthermore, whatever pain that has led to the addiction will just keep piling on, since 1) you're not dealing with pain during active addiction and 2) usually you add MORE pain due to the things that you do and don't do while in active addiction.

Once the drinking or drug use has stopped, then you can start facing the pain. I have a lot of problems with AA, BUT I do think it's helpful for someone early in sobriety. Talking openly with others who can understand you is invaluable, as is being able to share with people who won't judge you for your behaviors because they have very likely done the same things. I don't know how a person can deal with the horrors of early sobriety alone. AA also gives you a concrete plan of action for dealing with your pain and for dealing with how to go about setting things right. Like I said, I have some major problems with AA BUT I think for anyone coming out of alcoholism (and drug addiction too; there is NA for that but a lot of folks try NA first and end up coming to AA instead), it's gonna be your best shot, for the first year or two anyway.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
When you are sick and tired of being sick and tired, 12 step programs are usually readily available.

Also don't discount the private mental health professional, or a structured rehab.

Sometimes it takes all three...voe...

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
"The homeless" is too broad, they have all kinds of reasons to get to that point.
Medical bill bankruptcy, never taught to balace a checkbook, likes too many shiny things vs taking care of bills, bad record, sex offender, free spirit, mental illness, no support group, 6 figure no tax panhandling, then driving off in a Lexus, alcohol, drugs, prostitution, or all of the above.

I'd split the convo up. Too many variables.
Maybe cover addiction and dual-diagnosis addictions. They don't always go together, some peoples addiction is only dual diagnosis once the excess partying leads to negative consequences, not depression leading to drinking, for example.

Both issues lead back to the same loop, but going back to fix underlying problems with someone who just rewired their brains by partying too hard is different than going back and dealing with drinking to cover depression from a bad situation, or general depression imo.

Either one takes a unrelated professional to deal with properly without backfiring.

But yeah, the homeless need jobs to do, if they want, however mundane, so they don't need to be crimminals to survive.

We could put them to work maintaining grass on the roadways, trash pickup, car washes, all kinds of stuff.
It may cut from the cities rediculous cashflow though.

It may hurt all their feelings to lower their property tax payment wealth redistribution scheme a bit.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

You know, it is very easy for people who have not lived a life of pain to speak about what they do not know - and stubbornly yet delusionally think that they are correct about it.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Also, the reason why this post didn't get much attention is because I am right - nobody cares about people suffering in this world because they don't care about anybody who is not themselves.

new topics

top topics

join