It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Says Legal Pot is OK

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I believe nothing any politician says anymore...I want to see things in writing

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Oh good!
I guess the neighbors wont have to worry anymore.

They have some plants in their yard they call Oh Gee. I asked if they had some Oh My goodness too! they said " Its all goodness!

The flowers smell like mangoes and spice sometimes
edit on 13-4-2018 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Not allowing the feds to target states like Colorado is a good start.
Yes. Thing is, that doesn't seem to be exactly what Trump promised.

He promised to leave Colorado alone (because Gardner was blocking DOJ nominations) while supporting legislative action that would protect all states.

3D chess, or will we see an EO? That would be awesome.
edit on 4/13/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Sublimecraft

This would be in-line with Trump seeing a product that can make the US government a crazy amount of cash with each and every benefit this plant can manifest.

Do you think he's going to push for federal legalization? Because that's not what this is about.

If Trump is smart - he'll steer it in that direction and then he will have big pharma to contend with. If and when he is successful, many average Joes, in many states in the US, will be very happy that they can grow this plant / purchase this plant / extract their own medicines from this plant / reproduce their own textiles and materials with this plant - all without recourse where none needed to occur. The government can tax all that is consumed outside of your own plant and every wins (except big pharma - but # them anyway).

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I believe perhaps that Trump quote was taken out of context. I believe he was talking about the conflict with federal law, which is indeed a problem, and needs to be rectified. I don't think the he meant that legalization itself was a problem.

Trump seems to have always said states should have the decision on this issue.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

He's a slippery one. Hard to tell what he means.

O'REILLY: What would do you to stop it? What would you do?

TRUMP: I would really want to think about that one, Bill. Because in some ways I think it's good and in other ways it's bad. I do want to see what the medical effects are. I have to see what the medical effects are and, by the way -- medical marijuana, medical? I'm in favor of it a hundred percent. But what you are talking about, perhaps not. It's causing a lot of problems out there.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Especially when you cherry pick.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
This is fun!

I wonder if Trump would push for pot legalization in 2020?

A tough thing for any democrat to run against!

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

He said he wants to "see what the medical effects are." He said he supports medical marijuana but is ambivalent about recreational use. Is that cherry picking?

edit on 4/13/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I wonder when these medical studies he references are going to come out.

"so, you know it's coming out over the next year or so. it's going to come out." that was over a year ago.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Trump realizes that he is loseing the Conservative christians with his sexual exploits ....So Trump thinks that by pandering to the stoners will result in some converts but it don't matter cause even hammered pot heads can see thru his bull SH!t and he will just lose more on the Christian right. rock...hardplace

Plus he will lose plenty of his drunk supporters cause they still hate hippies.

edit on 13-4-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Wow, fun theory. Go back to your hate chamber.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
So Trump thinks that by pandering to the stoners will result in some converts but it don't matter cause even hammered pot heads can see thru his bull SH!tt

Here here.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

You forgot to add the prescription drug addicts, he will lose them too they hate hippies as well.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Another individual who doesn't realize how many rednecks use weed... LOL

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

You're right, because only hammered stoners use pot.

Brilliant analysis!

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
not that he has a choise go on go after 1 legal state ... see ur ratings drop like a lead ballon

i doubt anyone will ever be elected again on anti pot accsept it tax it or go home the people only will take one answer

as for it being a state issue i agree let the states vote let the people decide ... but why do we only get a vote to relegalize where the hell was the vote for every drug on the list

and legal weed going to non legal states to be sold ... well people still make moonshine aswell you will never stop a criminal looking for easy money unless u can stop them from being criminals

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

pandering to the stoners

Beats bashing your wife for spilling your last (and 15th) glass of wine. Stoners would just spend 3 hours picking it all out of the carpet - then be happy they saved it.

This is the difference between stoners and dinosaurs I suppose.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I don't understand the issue. People are not buying mj at dispensaries and re-selling it in other states. That is ridiculous. Dispensaries are already priced higher than street value, you would lose money.

Are they saying it is grown in peoples homes then transported? That happens whether it is legal or not and the quantity you are allowed to grow is not going to sustain some national bud distribution network.

O'Reilly's concerns seem extremely hyperbolic and uninformed.

I have a headache, I'll take 2 pounds please! Hahaha!

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Thats pretty sane. Let states decide for themselves.

End the war on pot. Jazz musicians be damned, they won this one.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join