It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A thread to talk about good things.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
This will be a thread to talk about positive things. So whenever there is doom and gloom all over the forums, we can come here to read good things.

Heres some good news

From an article (ill list the source below)

"Scientists have just made a revolutionary breakthrough in the battle against Alzheimer’s.

Instead of experimenting on mice with dicey results, this team of researchers went straight to testing human brain cells – and their studies have been proven successful.

Scientists at the Gladstones Institute in California managed to identify the gene that caused Alzheimer’s disease. Not only that, but they also managed to neutralize the gene so that it did not lead to Alzheimer’s development"

"The gene produces a certain kind of mutated protein that damages human brain cells. By using stem cells to correct the gene, scientists were able to halt production of the deadly protein, eliminate all signs of Alzheimer’s disease, and improve cell survival and function.

Now that the treatment has been proven successful in human cells, the researchers plan on applying the same treatment to human patients in the near future"

Source: www.goodnewsnetwork.org...

Post anything positive

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I could use a taste of that drug....what was the question?

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Well if they keep working, it should be available someday

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Will the drug to cure net more profit than the ones to treat?

Having watched loved ones fade from Alzheimer's and related conditions, I am hopeful... but aware of how the medical industry works... or doesn't.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
My life has been steadily getting better for at least the last 11 years.

It doesn't mater who the president is or who makes up the congress.

It doesn't mater what else is going on in other countries.
The wars, the terror, the mass shootings, the death, none of that has stopped me from having a great time while here on earth.

That is some real truth.
Ty for this thread.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:17 AM
link   
It's hard to beat a good foot massage by a pretty gal after a 12 hour shift.
Buttery pancakes and a fruit salad.
A good gut laugh that makes you feel like you may die of suffocation,

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

That is a good question.
Hopefully it similar to the polio vaccine. (I think that is the one)
Similar in a sense of it is not patented and sold for extreme profit, and produced enough to pretty much eradicate it.

I am looking forward to the results of the future.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Glad to see you are doing well!! I hope it continues to improve on all aspects!

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Glad to see you are doing well!! I hope it continues to improve on all aspects!

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Those are all very good things indeed.
Respect on the 12 hour shifts on your feet, it is people who do this that make the world better for people to live in, IMO.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
More good news! Source at the bottom.

"An engineer from NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Alabama, demonstrated that safety-first mentality on a commercial flight out of Huntsville in January. Shortly after take-off, Rumaasha Maasha, an aerospace engineer in Marshall's Spacecraft & Vehicle Systems Department, spotted a fuel leak during his morning flight on a work trip to Denver."

"Seeing the spewing white fuel outside his window near the wing, Maasha identified the problem as a malfunctioning vent valve. He also knew that as the plane increased velocity at higher altitudes, the Venturi effect allowed by the faulty vent valve would increase suction on the fuel tank, accelerating the leak."

" "I quietly motioned to the flight attendant to come over and fortunately she was very attentive," he said. "She called the crew and the key thing is that she did this as we were still climbing out. Within a minute or two, they reduced speed and leveled off. The fuel leak diminished immediately when they slowed down."

Thanks to Maasha’s quick thinking and decisive action in alerting the crew, the plane was immediately rerouted to return to Huntsville International Airport. After a few groans and moans from passengers when learning the plane was turning around, word quickly spread of Maasha's actions and he was lauded for his heroic efforts by those seated nearby."

Good thing Mr. Maasha was on this plane!

www.nasa.gov...
edit on 14-4-2018 by Luuke123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Trusted and re-owned in Government supplies department. Get all kind of medicines from us our organisation helps you with pharmacy supply.
www.gm-global.in...

top topics

join