It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for suggestions on unbiased media

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
As the title says, I am looking for suggestions for a media outlet that is unbiased.

I don't know if anything like this even exists anymore, but if it does, I am betting an ATS member knows of one.

Please, if you can help me find one comment below.
I am particularly interested in the current russian-american-china situation.

Thanks,

Luke

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Luuke123

Here is a website that will help you...

mediabiasfactcheck.com...

Christian Science Monitor is well-known for their objectivity and factual reporting.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
You have to choose your pick, but you have to ignore certain information.

Best pick for local news is your own city/town news while ignoring world news. Don't read the world news page.

Closest one is RT for reporting on US and her allies on world news. Western allies are pissed at Russia for reporting truth about them.

For African news go for CGTN. Western allies are also pissed at China for helping Africa.

There is a CGTN African news channel, there are also other African news channel. I wouldn't watch African news from western news outlet.

www.africanews.com...

www.youtube.com...

I wouldn't trust the other guys for true news unless its was local/disaster. Too much puppet of Western news and biased based on country.

If you want real real news, you have to get your hopes up on ATS posting the right one. Internet freedom is everything.

As for Indian news it is 100% biased.
edit on 13-4-2018 by makemap because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-4-2018 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Honestly, good luck. Try to get a bit from every where and use your critical thinking skills to the fullest.
It also depends on the kind of news that you're looking for. Political news? Forget about finding any unbiased reports, but remember that most political news is borderline useless anyways.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
maybe the ... lausanne cave paintings

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I would argue that biased media can be a good thing, if you're willing to look at multiple sources for details of the same story--it promotes critical thinking skills and helps you determine over time which ones are so out there that they are not worth your time.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
If we assume that one of the main engines of media, mass and independent alike, is profit, there will always be catering to advertisers. Advertisers can dictate through threats of cutting advertising hence staunching the income flow to news outlets.
If one wishes to bypass the open threat of bias due to catering to companies that advertise in support of media that report according to the likes and dislikes of the sponsors, a solution or at least cutting down on that bias one might be interested in listener sponsored media. Those are the outlets that rely upon donations and bi-yearly fund raising marathons.

Yet even with that source of bias eliminated there is still a tendency to bias in favor of those listeners who will support those outlets. At least though those outlets have to a large degree done away with the biases of the advertising corporations.

Traditionally those outlets, having been free of corporate financial influences have tended to be more progressive than not, so the choice is yours. If you are afraid of progressive biases in your news feeds then you might want to ignore those avenues of information.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Unbiased news sources, eh?

My personal favorite is a semi well-known site, called Abovetopsecret.com

Even if the news linked is biased, the users will clear everything up.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Just a thought...

Bwahahahaha.

Seriously, you won't find one. Some bias always creeps in. Human nature. One still has to apply critical thinking with the most moderate of sources.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

O.k., this is my second chance to get this right.

As far as US news is concerned, its all biased. In order to get the least biased US news I ignore the political crap but look at the "factual events" news stories at:
www.oann.com...

For European News:
www.eutimes.net...

For News from Ukraine:
en.censor.net.ua...
And:
www.unian.info...

For News of Asia:
timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

The rest of the world I don't bother because............they're mostly all on their way here now anyway.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Used to be the Christian Science Monitor was considered to be the most unbiased media source.

Not sure if it still is.

ETA...strangely, Al Jazeera is actually pretty unbiased as well. A lot of people don't like what they have to say, but they call a lot of stuff pretty straight.
edit on 4/13/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
thanks everyone

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Seriously Don't trust Indian news, even Indians hate it.

www.quora.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Luuke123
As the title says, I am looking for suggestions for a media outlet that is unbiased.

I don't know if anything like this even exists anymore, but if it does, I am betting an ATS member knows of one.

Please, if you can help me find one comment below.
I am particularly interested in the current russian-american-china situation.

Thanks,

Luke

Oxymoron. Unbiased and Media together. One way or the other

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
Closest one is RT for reporting on US and her allies on world news. Western allies are pissed at Russia for reporting truth about them.

I second this, RT is excellent IMO. They win a lot of international media awards. I've been getting my news from them for years.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Ben Swann - Truth in Media.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Meh, MSM still has to deal in facts ... just read the news, don't watch it ... and leave out the adjectives. You'll be fine.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   

There are none.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
You have to choose your pick, but you have to ignore certain information.

Best pick for local news is your own city/town news while ignoring world news. Don't read the world news page.

Ignoring 'world' news is rational? How?

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

It's not necessarily irrational I suppose.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join