It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bikes, they are not cheep transport

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Vespa, hmmmm....

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

It sounds like the problem is that you like to keep breaking the law. It has nothing to do with bikes.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Crazy idea here, but stop speeding?

I get lots of tickets too, my car is much too fast, and I can't drive powerful cars lightly. But I know it's on me when I get a ticket.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Don't speed and there won't be fines.

No sympathy for you here.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: schuyler

Yeah I kinda get that, that's the point of my rant
Time to get rid of the bike because I can't control my wrist
Wondering if I was the only one

Maybe you need to mature a little. I ride and I have zero desire to speed. I just enjoy how it makes you feel more connected to the road and surroundings. Being in a car isolates you.

Yes, I rarely get my bike above 90mph. My favorite rides are isolated wide open roads out in the country with speeds 45-60mph and beautiful scenery.

You have 0 desire to speed, yet you get up to 90 mph? This doesn't make sense, I assume you don't drive on the autobahn.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Sounds like a few posters can't stick to the topic and want to play mommy and smug english teacher on here.
Ignore them, they are unhappy with their own lives.

I know the feeling, my R1 did 114 to 116 in first gear. Almot too fast for the road, almost.

I never got any tickets on mine, but was pretty careful most of the time.

Sounds like you guys have cameras everywhere, I'm surprised people don't use spraypainting drones with glass etching acid spray cans on those scammy things.

Sportbikes are a ton of fun, but make really bad cruisers. They are good for about 45 min to an hour before your back and wrists hurt.

The Ducati Panigale 1299 is sweet, I would get one if I had the extra 20k. Fast, torquey, light as a 600.

I am going to pick up a KTM 500 soon, and do the dual wheel setup for Dualsport and supermoto.
The supermoto wheels balance better at highway speeds. It maxes ot at about 110ish, so it will keep you out of trouble.

They are tons of fun, and a full on race caliber offroad machine with lights and a license plate thrown on.

It's much cheaper to operate than an inline 4 or thr twin Duc. In fuel and maintainence.

The upright riding position and squishy suspension make it very comfortable for long rides, and a seat foam upgrade helps big time I have heard.

They aren't cheap though around 10k usd new, here in the us anyway. You may be able to get them cheaper.

Good to here from other cage-dodgers

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia

Your post is so grammatically incorrect I can barely understand it. Put in some effort.

While it may be grammatically bad, if you can't understand it you obviously have comprehension issues of your own.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
If you want to play lying, bootlicking internet police, and claim you have never sped(sp?idk/care), move along and start your own self-righteous bs threads ffs.

edit on 4 by Mandroid7 because: Fix spelling.maybe

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

You get tickets for speeding yet consider buying a Ducati?

I think that's one definition of insanity.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
and its not a question of if you crash, rather when you crash... that's going to cost you a pretty penny.

and a Hp4 race bike costs over 60k

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

LOL Someone complains about how expensive it is to constantly break the law and then admits in a later post that it's his/her own speeding that's the problem, not the bikes. But if we point out that it's the person's own failings that are the problem and not the bikes (as was previously claimed), that makes us self-righteous?

Ironically, you're the one who's coming off as "self righteous" here and acting like "internet police" here, since you're literally telling us to "move along & start our own threads" rather than discuss the OP and the problem he/she later admitted to having. Hypocrisy much?

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I've had a fair share of tickets for speeding on my motorcycles. I was also young and dumb too. Now I try and be more conservative when riding, but if I get out to a long open county/country road without people around, I'll still open her up

2012 Yamaha R1

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Sounds like a few posters can't stick to the topic and want to play mommy and smug english teacher on here.
Ignore them, they are unhappy with their own lives.

I know the feeling, my R1 did 114 to 116 in first gear. Almot too fast for the road, almost.

I never got any tickets on mine, but was pretty careful most of the time.

Sounds like you guys have cameras everywhere, I'm surprised people don't use spraypainting drones with glass etching acid spray cans on those scammy things.

Sportbikes are a ton of fun, but make really bad cruisers. They are good for about 45 min to an hour before your back and wrists hurt.

The Ducati Panigale 1299 is sweet, I would get one if I had the extra 20k. Fast, torquey, light as a 600.

I am going to pick up a KTM 500 soon, and do the dual wheel setup for Dualsport and supermoto.
The supermoto wheels balance better at highway speeds. It maxes ot at about 110ish, so it will keep you out of trouble.

They are tons of fun, and a full on race caliber offroad machine with lights and a license plate thrown on.

It's much cheaper to operate than an inline 4 or thr twin Duc. In fuel and maintainence.

The upright riding position and squishy suspension make it very comfortable for long rides, and a seat foam upgrade helps big time I have heard.

They aren't cheap though around 10k usd new, here in the us anyway. You may be able to get them cheaper.

Good to here from other cage-dodgers

Remember to keep on the topic of speeding like you say.

This isn’t the topic to be reading the Ducati brochure. They’re not even close to the best bike. Over priced slow junk of bikes.

Coming from someone who owns Ducati’s
edit on 13-4-2018 by TheLotLizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

Interesting post.

It happens that my ex raced for a few years. Sometimes I accompanied him.

I noticed that, quite often, the Ducatis were hard to start.

ETA, is it possibly the maneuverability that makes Ducatis attractive?
edit on 4/13/2018 by Lurker1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: schuyler

Yeah I kinda get that, that's the point of my rant
Time to get rid of the bike because I can't control my wrist
Wondering if I was the only one

No, you're not. There's tons of 2 and 4 and 6 wheeled idiot drivers out there. The number of wheels doesn't matter...it's the screwball behind the wheel/controls.

I was on my evening commute home driving at 65-70mph when I got passed by a cafe racer...going at least 100, passed between two cars, this caused me to flinch...had I jerked the wheel even a little bit, I would have clobbered his friend who passed just seconds later at the same speed. Stupidity in action there...

Exercise some self control or just buy a mountain bike and be an idiot in the woods where you can't kill others.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Star for the laugh.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

This is my ride. No tickets yet. I did take a BMW 1000 RR for a ride and fell in love. Who knows maybe when I am 60 Ill buy a BMW 1200. I like that bike. But for now, my cruiser will do. Just put some heated grips on her. You will be fine if you just start focusing on taking it easy.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

This is my ride. No tickets yet. I did take a BMW 1000 RR for a ride and fell in love. Who knows maybe when I am 60 Ill buy a BMW 1200. I like that bike. But for now, my cruiser will do. Just put some heated grips on her. You will be fine if you just start focusing on taking it easy.

I'm trying to get the wife to let me buy a 2018 BMW 1200 GS Adventure.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Keep trying. I hope you get it. Tell her you cant take it with you. That and you only live once. It's a nice bike.

edit on 13-4-2018 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.
a reply to: Edumakated

Keep trying. I hope you get it. Tell her you cant take it with you. That and you only live once. It's a nice bike.

Yup. Dat's my baby. Exact color I want too. My dream is to get an Airstream RV and just roam the US stopping in an area for a week or two to camp. I'd bring the bike and go on rides to explore all the area has to offer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join