It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you kill someone, we might kill you back': Georgia sheriff's sign welcomes visitors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Lol the Harris county Georgia sheriff has posted a sign welcoming visitors to the county.

f you're planning to visit Harris County, Georgia anytime soon, you'll be greeted with an unconventional welcome: A sign from the sheriff warning you "If you kill someone, we might kill you back."

The sign was put up on Tuesday by Harris County Sheriff Mike Jolley outside of the sheriff's office, warning people that most of its citizens are firm believers of the Second Amendment and they have plenty of guns.

www.firstcoastnews.com...

www.al.com...
The same sheriff posted another sign in 2015 that went viral about being PC.

He says conceal carry permits have tripled in his county despite the gun debate.

edit on 13-4-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-4-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Can't you just feel the love?

Memo to the rest of the world: We need help. Your ideas are encouraged and welcome.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Taupin Desciple

Memo to the rest of the world: We need help. Your ideas are encouraged and welcome.

You mean his love for the constitution? Yeah I feel it..

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Gee...I'll have to visit!

link   
Already an existing thread on this boss man

link   
You all wrong, that sign got nothing to do with weapons, it's just an ad for taphophilia tourist.

I kinda want to know if 356 cemeteries is overkill for a county or normal stuff now.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

You mean his love for the constitution? Yeah I feel it..

Like the 6th?

The Sixth Amendment (1791) provides several protections and rights to an individual accused of a crime. The accused has the right to a fair and speedy trial by a local and impartial jury. Likewise, a person has the right to a public trial. This right protects defendants from secret proceedings that might encourage abuse of the justice system, and serves to keep the public informed. This amendment also guarantees a right to legal counsel if accused of a crime, guarantees that the accused may require witnesses to attend the trial and testify in the presence of the accused, and guarantees the accused a right to know the charges against them. In 1966, the Supreme Court ruled that, with the Fifth Amendment, this amendment requires what has become known as the Miranda warning.

en.wikipedia.org...(Amendments_4,_5,_6,_7,_and_8)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

The 6th cover people that have been arrested not people who were killed doing stupid things by other people using the 2nd.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Well mods do your thing......

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

The 6th cover people that have been arrested not people who were killed doing stupid things by other people using the 2nd.

Not their purview. This is a warning that you may not BE arrested but killed instead.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
You all wrong, that sign got nothing to do with weapons, it's just an ad for taphophilia tourist.

I kinda want to know if 356 cemeteries is overkill for a county or normal stuff now.

I saw the sheriff being interviewed he said the 356 cemeteries was more of a joke they probably dont have that many.

It was just to make a point lol..

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

The first two words on the sign says "our citizens"
Not officers, or police.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I actually think that shows a great sense of humor, and another level of seriousness.

I love it!

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Already posted but awesome still. Always worth a flag and star.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Who do you work for? That's a pretty warped perception of what this thread is about. It's a tongue in cheek joke with an element of truth...

Lighten up.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   
It's a beautiful, beautiful thing.

It's the same way here.

People who take responsibility for their OWN safety and welfare. What a concept!

Gives one a sense of inner peace. A kind of Zen.

Sniff...Just happy, shiny people everywhere, only very well armed.

Who could ask for more out of life?

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:34 AM
link   
That's a lot of cemeteries.
You're more likely to be tossed to the gators or left for the hogs and coyotes in my neck of the woods.
There's only one cemetery.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

You know I was just planning to vacation there , seems like such a warm inviting place, but it's a toss-up between The Maldives hmmm which way should I lean.

top topics

join