It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

L.A. County wants to help build guest houses in backyards — for homeless people

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: SlapMonkey

He did told me though the only conservative areas he says is safe for me are Utah, Idaho, Montana, and other western states.

Could he not see the inherent bigotry and stereotyping in those statements?

"What a maroon." -- Roger Rabbit*

* just kidding--he never said that, only Bugs. Thanks, Intrepid.
edit on 13-4-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

I hear there's a wall somewhere that needs built. . . .

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Another good option--and that's why small tiny homes would be better than backyard, immobile housing. With the tiny homes, they could be moved to job sites or different housing areas if necessary, but the individual would get to keep their own unique home.

But I would bet that activists and even most government would see that as indentured servitude or something, and stop it from happening.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

What a great way to destroy property values and turn the entire county into a slum. I'd like to propose that they should start with a pilot program.

It's optional. Does it burn you up so much to see people attempt to help others? Are you that self centered? Rhetorical question.

There are plenty of ways to help that don't negatively affect other people. I am centered around my family and what affects them. How many kids are you raising and putting through college? I've got three, it would be nice if I could give them a solid start without City Hall leaving me in a tiny house in someone's backyard. You think I'm being selfish? Tough sh*t

I'm sorry, I must have missed the part that demanded underpass61 moved into a tiny house in someone's backyard. Can you share the source for that?

By the time the liberal POS government is done with me, I will be broke and homeless and applying for a backyard casa. Damn you guys are thick.

And then you'll be glad the program is there, won't you.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

By the time the liberal POS government is done with me, I will be broke and homeless and applying for a backyard casa. Damn you guys are thick.

Hyperbole fueled by your selfishness.

Hey man, could you send me a few bucks? I really need it - don't be selfish!

I charge interest.

That's not cool, I thought you were in it for the feels. You sound like a capitalist.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
"What a maroon." -- Roger Rabbit

Bugs Bunny...

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

May I recommend the 49th Parallel?

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

What a great way to destroy property values and turn the entire county into a slum. I'd like to propose that they should start with a pilot program.

It's optional. Does it burn you up so much to see people attempt to help others? Are you that self centered? Rhetorical question.

There are plenty of ways to help that don't negatively affect other people. I am centered around my family and what affects them. How many kids are you raising and putting through college? I've got three, it would be nice if I could give them a solid start without City Hall leaving me in a tiny house in someone's backyard. You think I'm being selfish? Tough sh*t

I'm sorry, I must have missed the part that demanded underpass61 moved into a tiny house in someone's backyard. Can you share the source for that?

And then you'll be glad the program is there, won't you.

"And then you'll be glad the program put you there, won't you."

No, no I won't.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Again, you totally missed my point. Maybe I wasn't clear.

Again, I have not missed the point. It's that your point is ridiculous and I'm not sure why you brought it up.

That's not called being incapable of being disagreed with, it means that I'm not going to perpetuate a discussion that I don't really care about and shouldn't be had in this thread.

Then perhaps you should not have brought up the aspect of "business models".

Not only is it not applicable, since it's not a business model, the entire premise itself is absurd.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
If they are able to work then it is all of us that are letting the system down by allowing such to continue.

There are many that can not work and those are the ones that will have to be dealt with in special ways.

The super sad part is the government has a stockpile of travel trailers that could immediately be put into use for such.

A work program where you successfully complete a certain amount of consecutive months of work and you get to leave with a new home after you find a job.

All the time these trailers are being sold for 1500-3000$ so no big loss for someone to have a future.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

Good! I hope enough homeowners participate that they have more houses than homeless to live in them. Imagine, homeless from across the country flocking to California the same as many did in 1849!

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Carlin again. He's got a novel idea for low cost housing and where to put them...

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I charge interest.

That's not cool, I thought you were in it for the feels. You sound like a capitalist.

I don't like the game but I play it because I don't want to be poor.

Someone else want's to give you money? Good for you. Good for them. I'm happy you meet your needs. I'm not going to protest it.

Doesn't bother me one bit, and I won't suddenly get poor because of it.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Dammit...I was trying to be more obscure. I was certain that he said it at some point, with R.K. Maroon being a character in the movie.

I guess not, as I couldn't find it. Boooo me.

Gotta love the irony of me wrongfully attributing the "what a maroon" quote

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I charge interest.

I don't like the game but I play it because I don't want to be poor.

Someone else want's to give you money? Good for you. Good for them. I'm happy you meet your needs. I'm not going to protest it.

Doesn't bother me one bit, and I won't suddenly get poor because of it.

Relax, you won't "suddenly get poor". They will just chip away at all you've worked your whole life for, little by little. Glad that doesn't bother you.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Good! I hope enough homeowners participate that they have more houses than homeless to live in them. Imagine, homeless from across the country flocking to California the same as many did in 1849!

haha they already suck up half of the worst lefties in flyover states. I pray they can suck up the other half with the promise of free housing.
Free housing would mean an unlimited caravan of hispanics coming to the defacto open border state of california. They would need to build enough to house the entire latin american population that is below the poverty line.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

What are your plans? I get you don't want to move but eventually you'll have to make that decision or else become homeless yourself.

California is a sinking ship.

a reply to: jellyrev

Well the anti TPTB leftists are gonna move to the flyover states though since many of them are working class and cannot afford to live in California.
edit on 4/13/2018 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: DBCowboy

May I recommend the 49th Parallel?
The design's been submitted to Ottawa.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

What are your plans? I get you don't want to move but eventually you'll have to make that decision or else become homeless yourself.

I've got to finish raising my kids, two in college now and the other in middle school. I don't want to go anywhere until he's at least out of high school and off to college himself. Frankly, I don't want to move at all. I'm not rich but the wife and I managed to squeak into one of the nicest neighborhoods in the city 22 years ago and we've managed to stay one step ahead of inflation and the bills. I couldn't afford to buy a house in the bad part of town at today's prices.
As of now I'm just going to watch and wait. If our politicians don't come to their senses and put on the brakes with this stuff and real estate starts a nosedive, I'll regretfully be bailing out.
I just want other states to know that not ALL expat Californians are fleeing a mess that they made.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I've got to finish raising my kids, two in college now and the other in middle school. I don't want to go anywhere until he's at least out of high school and off to college himself. Frankly, I don't want to move at all. I'm not rich but the wife and I managed to squeak into one of the nicest neighborhoods in the city 22 years ago and we've managed to stay one step ahead of inflation and the bills. I couldn't afford to buy a house in the bad part of town at today's prices.
As of now I'm just going to watch and wait. If our politicians don't come to their senses and put on the brakes with this stuff and real estate starts a nosedive, I'll regretfully be bailing out.
I just want other states to know that not ALL expat Californians are fleeing a mess that they made.

When you do move to a flyover state I advise you to lie about where you moved from. Say AZ. There is one type of racism left in the US and it's against californians. your republicans are equivalent to our democrats in flyover land.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join