It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

L.A. County wants to help build guest houses in backyards — for homeless people

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

Actually many of the working class leftists in LA have no sympathy toward the rich regressive liberals and many of them hated Globalists such as Kissinger. So please, do not paint them all at the same picture.

They also do not like antifa.
edit on 4/13/2018 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

You cannot help someone by simply giving them stuff. It's just like you can't help them by giving them money. The problem is in them, and unless you find out what they is and directly address it, giving them stuff is just a band-aid covering up the real problem.

Most of the chronically homeless are that way because they are in some way incapable of functioning in regular society: mentally ill, drug addicted, or some combination or issues, etc. You can make yourself feel better by giving them money or tiny houses, but that won't address the root causes of their homelessness or make them any more capable of functioning in regular society.

The ones who are transitory homeless will often find their own way off the streets as soon as they can.

thefederalist.com...

Most of this article is interviews done with chronically homeless people. They might take advantage of a tiny home in someone's backyard, but it won't change them and their problems, and you'd only be moving them off the streets and into someone's backyard for a family to deal with. Is that what you would want for some couple, maybe with children?

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

It will be interesting to see how many left coast liberals step up and walk the walk.

I have been saying for years that liberals demand all these illegals be allowed to stay and roam the nation freely. Yet they sit in their homes behind locked doors because they know its dangerous outside. They invite the illegals in to the country, to the state, to the city, to the neighborhood, but when the illegals get as far as their front yard they lock their doors and let everyone else deal with it and pay for it too.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

originally posted by: underpass61

What a great way to destroy property values and turn the entire county into a slum. I'd like to propose that they should start with a pilot program.

It's optional. Does it burn you up so much to see people attempt to help others? Are you that self centered? Rhetorical question.

There are plenty of ways to help that don't negatively affect other people. I am centered around my family and what affects them. How many kids are you raising and putting through college? I've got three, it would be nice if I could give them a solid start without City Hall leaving me in a tiny house in someone's backyard. You think I'm being selfish? Tough sh*t

I'm sorry, I must have missed the part that demanded underpass61 moved into a tiny house in someone's backyard. Can you share the source for that?

By the time the liberal POS government is done with me, I will be broke and homeless and applying for a backyard casa. Damn you guys are thick.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

You're probably 100% correct - there would most likely be issues with the implementation.

However - the OP seems to be adamantly against the concept simply for selfish reasons. It's his/her right to be selfish just as its my right to call it out.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

What a great way to destroy property values and turn the entire county into a slum. I'd like to propose that they should start with a pilot program.

It's optional. Does it burn you up so much to see people attempt to help others? Are you that self centered? Rhetorical question.

There are plenty of ways to help that don't negatively affect other people. I am centered around my family and what affects them. How many kids are you raising and putting through college? I've got three, it would be nice if I could give them a solid start without City Hall leaving me in a tiny house in someone's backyard. You think I'm being selfish? Tough sh*t

I'm sorry, I must have missed the part that demanded underpass61 moved into a tiny house in someone's backyard. Can you share the source for that?

By the time the liberal POS government is done with me, I will be broke and homeless and applying for a backyard casa.

Not in my back yard.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

The professor who told me this was from Oklahoma and New Mexico originally and he himself came from a rural white conservative family.

As for owning a gun, I believe it is necessary to own a gun or any other weapon to defend yourself. So yes, I'm happy to own any weapon and exercise 2nd amendment.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

By the time the liberal POS government is done with me, I will be broke and homeless and applying for a backyard casa. Damn you guys are thick.

Hyperbole fueled by your selfishness.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

By the time the liberal POS government is done with me, I will be broke and homeless and applying for a backyard casa.

Not in my back yard.

High five for that one!

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Again, you totally missed my point. Maybe I wasn't clear.

It doesn't matter--I'm not going to continue on derailing the thread in a direction that it shouldn't be going.

That's not called being incapable of being disagreed with, it means that I'm not going to perpetuate a discussion that I don't really care about and shouldn't be had in this thread.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

There's also another interesting fact: A lot of these so called tolerant rich white liberals are racist. In Beverly Hills, while they call Trump and all conservatives racists, they call all brown people poor.

link   

Hey man, could you send me a few bucks? I really need it - don't be selfish!

link   

If I had a solution to the homeless, I'd be using it here, neighbor.

(It pisses me off that they sold that jail to a developer, but that's a different thread)

What I do know is that high taxes force businesses to go where there are low taxes.

This leaves people without jobs, homes.

Government can't always be the solution, especially when they helped create the problem.

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

You cannot help someone by simply giving them stuff. It's just like you can't help them by giving them money. The problem is in them, and unless you find out what they is and directly address it, giving them stuff is just a band-aid covering up the real problem.

Most of the chronically homeless are that way because they are in some way incapable of functioning in regular society: mentally ill, drug addicted, or some combination or issues, etc. You can make yourself feel better by giving them money or tiny houses, but that won't address the root causes of their homelessness or make them any more capable of functioning in regular society.

The ones who are transitory homeless will often find their own way off the streets as soon as they can.

thefederalist.com...

Most of this article is interviews done with chronically homeless people. They might take advantage of a tiny home in someone's backyard, but it won't change them and their problems, and you'd only be moving them off the streets and into someone's backyard for a family to deal with. Is that what you would want for some couple, maybe with children?

Part of the problem is that progressives don't like to distinguish between chronically homeless and transitory homeless. The reality is that the chronically homeless are what most people think of when they see the bum on the street asking for change. There is absolutely nothing that can be done to get these people off the street because they cannot function in normal society. The only solution is literally just getting a paddywagon and throwing them in jail or a mental hospital of some sort.

Transitory homeless are typically a woman with a kid who may have been kicked out of the house by an abusive boyfriend, so they live in a car or shelter for a few days or weeks before they can find an apartment. These types of people rarely stay homeless for long. They often can sleep with friends or neighbors till they get back on their feet.

The reality is that transitory homeless are rarely visible meaning they typically aren't out on the street begging for change. They may still have a job or some other means of caring for themselves. There is adequate care for these types already in most cities. Soup kitchens, women only shelters, churches, etc.

There is this false meme that because of the high cost of living in CA, the typical bum is just a hard up programmer making $100k but he can't afford a place to live so he sleeps on a park bench during his time off from his Google job. GTFOH.

The reality is that it is some hipster heroin addict who has to spend every waking hour hustling and stealing to pay for his next high. Or it is some guy who elevator clearly does not go to the top floor. There isn't a damn thing anyone can do to get these people off the streets because they cannot function on their own.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Well, maybe it's different there, who knows. All I know is that there are jackasses everywhere, and no race is immune to being hassled and assaulted because of how they look, that's for sure.

We'd welcome you in the Greater Cincinnati Metro Area, though.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

He did told me though the only conservative areas he says is safe for me are Utah, Idaho, Montana, and other western states.

Actually I considered moving to Utah.

I think the problem is for many minorities, the only time they are exposed to white people are the upper middle class to upper class whites. There are very few working class whites here. I wrote a thread about this one time on why a lot of minorities in LA believed white privilege exist.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Hey man, could you send me a few bucks? I really need it - don't be selfish!

I charge interest.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

and "the help," or "hey, gardener!"

Of course, not all do, but many, if not most (at least behind closed doors).

When I grew up, I called "brown people" 90% of my closest friends. Nowadays, I get called racist by progressives sometimes because I might disagree with, say, open borders.

Like I said...disappointingly, they're everywhere, but in most "real" American towns, they are the minority (racist people...not "brown people"...had to clarify that).

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Why not take the homeless out in the woods like they did back in the day?

They would go out there and cut fire lanes and trim undergrowth so as to keep the fire risk low.

They could also use them to pack those government food boxes that that may be sent out.

All these folks that can work could be housed near the job and the others could be sent to work/live facilities where they can gets meds and also work.

The rest get put in a more hands on home.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Have you ever been to California? Here all the government do is just leave the homeless out dry and ignore them. They are not interested in solving the problem.

new topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join