It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

L.A. County wants to help build guest houses in backyards — for homeless people

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar
a reply to: Abysha

Point is from your views, if "You" are shaming and bullying others to believe like you then what to expect in neighborhoods where this program would take off? If you are not part of it you would become ostracized and left totally vulnerable, in danger. To say hive thought is voluntary is immature.

Look, I understand why people of certain scarcity-based mindsets wouldn't want to participate. Those are often the same people who champion personal freedom and the freedom of nonparticipation. Yet the aversion to helping out a homeless person is so strong in some of you folks that you'd actively prevent others from doing it because you're afraid of peer pressure?

Good lord.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 02:57 AM
link   

You are free to take up as many people as you want. You don´t need the government to tell you, if you want to move something, do it. If you don´t have enough money, work harder for others.

What I despise with people like you is that, although you act and pretend to be such good hearted persons, you become ignorant and condescending as soon as you find someone disagreeing.

Classical.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter

You are free to take up as many people as you want. You don´t need the government to tell you, if you want to move something, do it. If you don´t have enough money, work harder for others.

What I despise with people like you is that, although you act and pretend to be such good hearted persons, you become ignorant and condescending as soon as you find someone disagreeing.

Classical.

I'm not being condescendingly critical of somebody disagreeing; I'm being outright rebellious of anybody telling me that me and likeminded people can't participate in a program to help others.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Oh yes you are, constantly.

I'm being outright rebellious of anybody telling me that me and likeminded people can't participate in a program to help others.

Never did that, never will do that. You know what many years in charity taught me? Those, who constantly make sure others are aware of how good they are and how much they help others and how social they are, do it most of the times for acknowledgement, boosting their ego and whatnot.

Actually, there is a background story I can share. It´s the reason why I know for myself, this will not work like intended. I think you won´t even read this, but I still write it for others:

At the beginning of the refugee crisis in Europe/Germany, there was a real shortage in housings so the government gave extra money on top of the normal rent, if the owner would put in refugees.

This was not only a problem because it created an artifical price-race for hard working germans... Another one was that, as always with such things, most get in for the money. This let to overcrowded housings and appartments/flats because the owners who rented out, often would make twice the money by dividing the living space.

Or your landlord decided, and that´s his right of course, that he cancels your rent to house some refugees because he makes more money with it. In my eyes it´s a waste of taxmoney.

But behold, I know some have a solution to the problem the solution gave us: More laws, more micro-management, more social-public shaming.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   

But behold, I know some have a solution to the problem the solution gave us: More laws, more micro-management, more social-public shaming.

There are no "laws" or "micro-management" to make you do this. Again, you are worried about "public shaming"... in other words, you are wanting to prevent others from doing good things because it might make you feel bad.

Snowflake culture, indeed.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

There are no "laws" or "micro-management" to make you do this. Again, you are worried about "public shaming"... in other words, you are wanting to prevent others from doing good things because it might make you feel bad.

Yes, that was totally my point....not. Way over your head.

Have you read the part about charity? Where I do good things, from my own drive, not because someone gave me money or told me. Now I´m doing it to make others feel bad because I´m against government wasting taxmoney on stupid projects?

Please explain why I am a snowflake
You have to be kidding.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Never have I met a more closed minded person on ATS. You make rude and uninformed comments that can be taken as hurtful and divisive by most. I suggest you do some intensive therapy and investigative work within the homeless communities.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Twisting what others say, wicked and self-serving. This is not about creating a discussion to find solutions for the homeless, it is a one way ticket your uneducated viewpoints and no compromises or conclusions. Take this to the fighters forum, go debate this and leave the debate open to the forums votes to see just how people really see this issue. Nothing would stop some homeowner from inviting homeless into their backyards now, so what is the problem?

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Nothing would stop some homeowner from inviting homeless into their backyards now, so what is the problem?

There are types out there that get a kick from infering in others lifes, unaskedly. Like you said, nothing would stop someone from inviting homeless to their backyard. But that´s not the problem for those people, the problem is: "Nothing would force someone...".

Do as I say because I/we know what´s best for you. That worked out pretty well in the 20th century...

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

No it leads to crap like this..,...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

The Social Credit System (社会信用体系 shèhuì xìnyòng tǐxì) is a proposed Chinese government initiative for developing a national reputation system.[1][2][3] It has been reported to be intended to assign a "social credit" rating to every citizen based on government data regarding their economic and social status.[4][3][5][6][7] It works as a mass surveillance tool and uses big data analysis technology.[8] In addition, it is also meant to rate businesses operating on the Chinese market.[9]

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Lol. Money already serves that purpose in capitalist America; the more you have, the better person you must be. As silly as that idea is in China, it's no worse than what we have. At least it can be based loosely on social and ethic morality.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Never have I met a more closed minded person on ATS. You make rude and uninformed comments that can be taken as hurtful and divisive by most. I suggest you do some intensive therapy and investigative work within the homeless communities.

Oh my, the irony. If you find voluntary civic duty to be a controversial subject, you are the one with a problem.

And I actively do work within those communities, both as a volunteer and as a political influence. I'm not exactly detached from the subject.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha
a reply to: neutronflux

Lol. Money already serves that purpose in capitalist America; the more you have, the better person you must be. As silly as that idea is in China, it's no worse than what we have. At least it can be based loosely on social and ethic morality.

Don’t push your values of money is important on me.

Who gets to decide what is moral? The government? God help us? It’s a state sin to not give up personal property to combat a homeless problem because of improperly treating mental illness. Your arguments are dangerous on many levels.

Why is there always money for drugs, alcohol, and smokes? Until people get the mental treatment they need, or decide to improver there own lives, shaming people into giving up personal property is going to do nothing. In fact, you don’t think it gives the state government an excuse to “inspect” your private property at will to participate in the program? So many liability and pitfalls to this plan.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join