It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey Admits He May Not Have Reopened Hillary Probe If He Thought She Could Lose

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   

The book also serves as a platform for Mr. Comey to once again defend his handling of the Hillary Clinton email investigation and the decisions that for a time made him one of the most despised figures among political liberals and other supporters of Mrs. Clinton.

However, Mr. Comey acknowledges that he thought Mrs. Clinton would win the presidency and said it is "entirely possible" that he decided to reveal that the email investigation had started up again 11 days before the election because he was primarily concerned that if he concealed the renewed investigation, it would make her an "illegitimate president."

Would he have made a different decision if Mr. Trump had been ahead in the polls? "I don’t know," Mr. Comey concedes

www.zerohedge.com...

Well I hate to say I told you so

All of the talk of Comey supposedly being anti Hillary by announcing the restart and of the investigation days before the election, and I said this wasn’t because he was anti Hillary

It was because he, like everyone else, assumed Hillary was going to win easily. So he disclosed about the investigation for two reasons, one as he says here so that people couldn’t say had it been known she would have lost and thus she was illegitimate. And second because he is a self absorbed person who wanted to personally look like a good person

This is the only argument people have saying the fbi wasn’t biased against trump and for Hillary, and now we have straight from comeys mouth he did it because he assumed Hillary was a shoe in and he wanted her to be seen as legitimate.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

How could Comey asses the impact of the announcement before the election?
That’s like saying the Steele dossier meant nothing because everybody thought Trump was going to lose the election anyway.

There was either grounds for the investigation or there wasn’t, regardless of who was expected to win the election. And how could Comey determine that without the announcement of the investigation her supposed victory would be illegitimate without knowing the outcome of said investigation?

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Also heavily implies that none of what had since been learned (Strzok, McCabe, the 'insurance policy', etc.) would have ever made it to the public awareness.

He is a weasel.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   

So, his job performance was completely politically motivated. Great guy.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Basically admitting now how they failed with their blindsiding about the Clinton related investigations.

And watching their future failures will be fun as Hell 😃

And just think. These geniuses were actually trying to run the country !!

[((😁))]

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Comey is looking for a friend because he lost them all using his position in the FBI for political gain, but still couldn't manage that with all his power. Why? Because he's an idiot. It's just sad he's reaching out to Hillary for a friend and speaks volumes about his character.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

In other words, Comey has exactly ZERO professional integrity, even though the swamp creatures in DC have tried to sell him to the public as some GOLDEN BOY HERO

This dude Comey deserves no respect. He has proven he is driven by his own political agendas/biases (even though he is a LAWYER who is supposed to maintain the highest of ethical standards). Comey is TRASH, case dismissed.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

In other words, Comey has exactly ZERO professional integrity, even though the swamp creatures in DC have tried to sell him to the public as some GOLDEN BOY HERO

This dude Comey deserves no respect. He has proven he is driven by his own political agendas/biases (even though he is a LAWYER who is supposed to maintain the highest of ethical standards). Comey is TRASH, case dismissed.

^^^ on point

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Jubei42 It just goes to show, how sick and corrupted our government has become. Whatever ever happened to upholding the law, regardless of personal biases or perceived outcomes? That seems to be an alien concept these days. Self interest seems to be the prevailing attitude and the masses don't seem to notice or care.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Big boss Comey and his hit man Strzok were sitting on these new emails for a month before they became public. They had no choice but to do some kind of acknowledgement. Remember they amazing reviewed all the emails in 2 days? Total cover up.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Who knows where the truth is now, Comey lies his ass off and changes his stories to cover his ass. His book will be a pack of garbage.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I think he had too,

as soon as the NYPD advised them the laptop had emails - he had no choice.

if he just ignored it and said things were peachy, he would have been in serious trouble

he was most definitely pro-Hillary. Him and Loretta Lynch were on the take and were promised cushy positions in her administration...

Unfortunately - she lost - and he was exposed as a lying piece of cr@p

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Well, I am glad he was this concerned about her election.

It just warms my heart to realize that not all of the F B I agents in Washington, D.C. were as politically engaged as some appear to have been.

( I am also sure everyone can tell, there is no sarcasm in my family)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I am shocked.... stunned...surprised... but not really.

Guy always came off in a greasy sort of used car salesman type to me, he would say anything to keep the money and power he had.

His problem was he ran into a guy who is so volatile he couldn't figure out how and when to suck up.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Comey Admits He May Not Have Reopened Hillary Probe If He Thought She Could Lose

No, that is not what he is saying in the excerpt.

He is saying that he is not sure he would have disclosed the reopening to the public, if he thought she was not likely to win.

The actual reopening is not questioned.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
From my perspective, Comey is inept. He reminds me of BHO. He talks the talk, but doesn't know how to walk the walk.

He is a weasel as J&C said. Also, a leaker and a liar, by some accounts.

He's always "queasy", or "uncomfortable", or "fearful". Not speaking up to LL should tell you something. He's all about protecting himself it seems. He talks about duty to the institution, but that's just words. He did more to discredit the institution because of his weak leadership than anything.

He doesn't seem to have the disposition to hold the position, imo. He's a tall man that looks the part, but he doesn't seem to have the kind of leadership qualities a position like FBI Director would require. I think DJT spotted it pretty early on.
edit on 13-4-2018 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

No, that is not what he is saying in the excerpt.

He is saying that he is not sure he would have disclosed the reopening to the public, if he thought she was not likely to win.

The actual reopening is not questioned.

Exactly, Had Hillary won and he not disclosed the investigation what people think the GOP would have done? Honestly either way he shouldn't since his standard policy was to not talk about investigations. But he did and now we have Trump. woooo

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Comey reminds me of a school girl running
for class president. And his book too,
something is just not right with this guy.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
Comey reminds me of a school girl running
for class president. And his book too,
something is just not right with this guy.

He must have never seen the movie.

Nancy tried to tell him 50 years ago !!

"This dream is for you, so pay the price
Make one dream come true, you only live twice"

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Comey is guilty of usurping the law by asserting
his own twisted logic and depraved conscience
over it. His book should be titled

A Loyalty to Myself

new topics