It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End Of The World April 13th

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
a reply to: rickymouse

*Hugs* Ricky! Stay well and don't pick up any hitchhikers!

If this is war - we're in it...

I hope not.

We are low on flour right now, only about fifty pounds in stock of varying kinds. Tomorrow morning we have to go out and buy another five five pound bags of organic all purpose. I would hate to have all the blueberries in the freezer not have flour to make pies out of. Does the house you live in have a kitchen wood cookstove with an oven?

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

23rd is the end, according to a thread I saw last week.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Now you'll have to make another thread and call it 'The day after the end of the world'. I feel just fine, how about you?

Honestly nothing will happen yet. And if it does, the term 'get out of Dodge' will take on a whole new level.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

I hope not.

We are low on flour right now, only about fifty pounds in stock of varying kinds. Tomorrow morning we have to go out and buy another five five pound bags of organic all purpose. I would hate to have all the blueberries in the freezer not have flour to make pies out of. Does the house you live in have a kitchen wood cookstove with an oven?

I sure wish it did. As for that? The people left behind are going to love my place. I've got hundreds of pounds of hard red winter wheat, lima beans, split peas, etc. I'll leave it to them to find the gluten to get that wheat to rise.

I'm not at all worried this is (possibly) WWIII. It's going to happen at some point (men will be men - no slur on you Ricky) and I'm not going to be here when it happens so bon appetite to those who find my cold storage!

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

I hope not.

I sure wish it did. As for that? The people left behind are going to love my place. I've got hundreds of pounds of hard red winter wheat, lima beans, split peas, etc. I'll leave it to them to find the gluten to get that wheat to rise.

I'm not at all worried this is (possibly) WWIII. It's going to happen at some point (men will be men - no slur on you Ricky) and I'm not going to be here when it happens so bon appetite to those who find my cold storage!

We bought six five bags of dakota maid organic flour today. It makes better tasting bread for some reason than using the dakota maid bread flour. We found that if you forget it rising in the oven for a few hours longer it gets stronger than the bread flour does, I suppose the roundup isn't on it to dampen the yeast. We also bought another two pounds of Red Star yeast today, I like to have one full pkg in stock. Buying those little packets cost 33 cents to make a loaf of bread and four rolls, it goes down to 07 cents when buying it in the brick. Red star seems to be the best. We make ninety percent of the bread we use, and I also make a lot of bread for the youngest daughter. The organic flour seems to make a smoother tasting bread than the regular flour, it also makes much better pie crust and pizza crust.

I like to have about fifty pounds of flour in reserve, rotating it as we use it. Right now we have around ninety pounds.

I have done the gluten intolerance testing on myself, I am not intolerant to gluten but am intolerant to the commercial enriched white flours and also full whole wheat flours. I also am way more intolerant to most of the store bought breads, I think that one of two chemicals added is the problem. So, we make our own breads, I like good bread, I still make it the same way as in the recipe I made a thread on. Why stop, my kids and grandkids love the stuff.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I am so relieved we are all still here. Unless of course it's supposed to be over April 13th next year; then repent sinners, the end is nigh.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Why are you buying yeast?
You need a sourdough starter.
Cost 0.02sense

I made up that last bit... it's free like the air but you do got to feed it. Flour. Which is handy. You have some of that. :-)

edit on 14-4-2018 by f4andHALFtoads because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-4-2018 by f4andHALFtoads because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Just watched loads of you tube videos saying it is the 18th....all bollocks like but I hope not it's my birthday.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Just watched loads of you tube videos saying it is the 18th

Crappy weather outside?

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Have you been out fishing all this time Phage???

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

Nope. The weather has been crappy.

For two week straight. But I did manage to do some mowing today.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Should I cancel mt Netflix subscription?

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

It's been awhile hasn't it?

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

Yeah. Actually, I've been cleaning up my gear in the meantime too. Took a crack at rod wrapping today too. Redid a line guide on my "heavy" rod. It's ugly but seems to be OK. Going to epoxy it tomorrow.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join