It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Is curing patients a sustainable business model?'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Yep, thats the title. And you will never guess (/s) who asked it..

Goldman Sachs asks in biotech research report: 'Is curing patients a sustainable business model?'

They are asking the really important questions:

"Is curing patients a sustainable business model?" analysts ask in an April 10 report entitled "The Genome Revolution."

"The potential to deliver 'one shot cures' is one of the most attractive aspects of gene therapy, genetically-engineered cell therapy and gene editing. However, such treatments offer a very different outlook with regard to recurring revenue versus chronic therapies, (...)

Money (!!) quote:

"While this proposition carries tremendous value for patients and society, it could represent a challenge for genome medicine developers looking for sustained cash flow."

Where does the money come from for example?

The company's U.S. sales for these hepatitis C treatments peaked at $12.5 billion in 2015, but have been falling ever since. Goldman estimates the U.S. sales for these treatments will be less than $4 billion this year, according to a table in the report.

THIS is big pharma, people! Not something like vaccines / homeopathica (although those are suspicious, too! Making a lot of money and rising!).
These people fear for their profits as soon as you can cure or better: remove a disease from your genome for ever. Because there is no "SUSTAINED CASH FLOW".

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 04:14 AM
link   
nope theyd lose tons of money if they actually cured patients .

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 05:35 AM
link   
For hospitals yes

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost

I have had the misfortune of dealing with the medical community for the last twenty six years. I have found that they only want to treat not cure anything. The money making only comes with stringing you along. Surgery that I needed 3 years ago is no longer recommended...? Months of expensive testing results in nothing but bills.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
This explains a LOT. My and some others' medical experiences now make So. MUCH SENSE.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Well if they actually had a concience or soul i bet these questions from them would be more palatable.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddah6

originally posted by: VengefulGhost

I have had the misfortune of dealing with the medical community for the last twenty six years.

I guess I just made it in under the wire. My cancer was cured 31 years ago.

edit on 4/13/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

join