It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yo Momma!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Ok. Enough is enough! I see it here, I see it there. I thought we lived in an enlightened age, a renaissance where respect abounds for immigrants, transgenders, the handicapable, and even Hillary.

I thought we reached a level of tolerance and acceptance to usher in a philosophy of live and let live, to love thy neighbor.

Apparently I was wrong!

Because there's still one group that is the butt of all jokes, the target for all contempt, the lowest common denominator of name-calling, insults, and trollery.

The obese!

You know, there are lots of reasons you likely don't understand: Maybe it's someone suffering from chronic depression, or an underactive thyroid. Hell, maybe it isn't a problem at all, but a choice. Some people just like to eat, drink, and be merry!

Does it hurt you any?!

Take your twiggy ass back to the gym and sweat out that smug superiority complex of yours!

I've been in good shape, I've been in worse shape. Frankly, I'm happy with who I am and how I look. If you need ME to feel better about your own self-image, then I hope you choke on a 4 dollar protein bar you freak!

I'm overweight and I'm happy and I'm proud! You are weak because you are obsessively focused on your image and must insult me to raise your own ego.

#Lunkheadprivilege

What is all this bullcrap? Why is society pushing the idea that if your body fat percentage is over 5% that you're obese scum ready for slaughter?

Can you be skinny--and fat?
www.prevention.com...

The Dangers of Being 'Skinny Fat.'
time.com...

Fluck youuuuu!

Now chew on this:

The myth that obesity is caused by overeating, especially a diet high in fats, is one perpetuated by the sugar industry and the "research" this industry has funded over the decades.

The sugar industry also perpetuated the myths that obesity causes diabetes; that diets high in saturated fats, high cholesterol and overeating generally cause heart disease; and that excess salt causes hypertension (high blood pressure). Anything, in short, to steer attention away from the real cause of these four maladies: sugar.

And the nutrition scientists let it happen. For the past 40 years, people have been deluded into thinking that low-fat diets would reduce obesity and therefore diabetes and heart disease, when all along the enemy was highly refined carbohydrates, especially sugar. They have allowed people to believe that only calories matter and that if you eat more calories than you expend in exercise you will get fat.

Taubes points to the explosion in diabetes, obesity, hypertension, heart disease and cancer that comes with the Western diet and presents the facts and argument that show how everything has been blamed but the real culprit: refined sugar.

Indigenous populations had non-existent rates of the cluster of Western diseases despite many of them having very high-saturated-fat diets; the Inuit, the people on the Tokelau atolls and American Indians are examples.

www.smh.com.au...

Making overweight and obese people feel bad about their size does not encourage them to shed excess pounds – and may even make them put on more weight, researchers found.

www.theguardian.com...

You ain't fat, you ain't nothin'!

All you fit and skinny people who make effort to shame those who are not, in your next life your spirit may ascend and you may just become an actual enlightened being instead of an oxygen sucker!

askgramps.org...

edit on 13-4-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
Ok. Enough is enough! I see it here, I see it there. I thought we lived in an enlightened age, a renaissance where respect abounds for immigrants, transgenders, the handicapable, and even Hillary.

I thought we reached a level of tolerance and acceptance to usher in a philosophy of live and let live, to love thy neighbor.

Apparently I was wrong!

Because there's still one group that is the butt of all jokes, the target for all contempt, the lowest common denominator of name-calling, insults, and trollery.

The obese!

You know, there are lots of reasons you likely don't understand: Maybe it's someone suffering from chronic depression, or an underactive thyroid. Hell, maybe it isn't a problem at all, but a choice. Some people just like to eat, drink, and be merry!

Does it hurt you any?!

Take your twiggy ass back to the gym and sweat out that smug superiority complex of yours!

I've been in good shape, I've been in worse shape. Frankly, I'm happy with who I am and how I look. If you need ME to feel better about your own self-image, then I hope you choke on a 4 dollar protein bar you freak!

I'm overweight and I'm happy and I'm proud! You are weak because you are obsessively focused on your image and must insult me to raise your own ego.

#Lunkheadprivilege

What is all this bullcrap? Why is society pushing the idea that if your body fat percentage is over 5% that you're obese scum ready for slaughter?

www.prevention.com...

time.com...

Fluck youuuuu!

Now chew on this:

The myth that obesity is caused by overeating, especially a diet high in fats, is one perpetuated by the sugar industry and the "research" this industry has funded over the decades.

The sugar industry also perpetuated the myths that obesity causes diabetes; that diets high in saturated fats, high cholesterol and overeating generally cause heart disease; and that excess salt causes hypertension (high blood pressure). Anything, in short, to steer attention away from the real cause of these four maladies: sugar.

And the nutrition scientists let it happen. For the past 40 years, people have been deluded into thinking that low-fat diets would reduce obesity and therefore diabetes and heart disease, when all along the enemy was highly refined carbohydrates, especially sugar. They have allowed people to believe that only calories matter and that if you eat more calories than you expend in exercise you will get fat.

Taubes points to the explosion in diabetes, obesity, hypertension, heart disease and cancer that comes with the Western diet and presents the facts and argument that show how everything has been blamed but the real culprit: refined sugar.

Indigenous populations had non-existent rates of the cluster of Western diseases despite many of them having very high-saturated-fat diets; the Inuit, the people on the Tokelau atolls and American Indians are examples.

www.smh.com.au...

Making overweight and obese people feel bad about their size does not encourage them to shed excess pounds – and may even make them put on more weight, researchers found.

www.theguardian.com...

All you fit and skinny people who make effort to shame those who are not, in your next life your spirit may ascend and you may just become an actual enlightened being instead of an oxygen sucker!

askgramps.org...

Tolerate.

That's what we do with colds, not people.

I don't tolerate sh!t.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Apparently I was wrong!

The obese!

Does it hurt you any?!

#Lunkheadprivilege

www.prevention.com...

time.com...

Fluck youuuuu!

Now chew on this:

www.smh.com.au...

www.theguardian.com...

askgramps.org...

Tolerate.

I don't tolerate sh!t.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: galaga

Apparently I was wrong!

The obese!

Does it hurt you any?!

#Lunkheadprivilege

www.prevention.com...

time.com...

Fluck youuuuu!

Now chew on this:

www.smh.com.au...

www.theguardian.com...

askgramps.org...

Tolerate.

I don't tolerate sh!t.

'People' are much like colds - you can't avoid them nor get rid of them.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   
It's Okay to be fat....
Just don't be an angry fat....
That there is unhealthy. High blood pressure.
edit on 8-5-2018 by Pinocchio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pinocchio
It's Okay to be fat....
Just don't be an angry fat....
That there is unhealthy. High blood pressure.

People will also be more willing to sit on your lap come Christmas time if you're not angry.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Before you can like others, first you have to like yourself.

Skinny people are funny.

Especially when they scream after I sit on them.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

You rang the bell and Mama answered,good rant.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
We got some necromancers here it seems.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I prefer my chicks portly, and am happy we don't have a nation of twiggy aliens running around.

I like to eat...but try to balance physical health with what i choose to eat. Although health issues have decreased overall physical activity over the last year (annual fishing license has almost been wasted).

The only answer is that people need to be kinder to each other.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

The thing about obesity is, people who are fat and good looking can lose weight, ugly fat people, good luck to you. I saw it on a business card once 12 years ago, an old couple who owned a hotel, and I laughed so hard I nearly lost it. I still have their business card somewhere.

new topics

top topics

join