It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My visit to The Skinwalker Ranch, 2018

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: KeithCooper
Not wishing to show "bad manners", but the idea of watching a documentary about nothing seems pretty lame. Are we supposed to get "creeped out" by the vibes or just feel a sense of "pride" about someone dropping names?

I imagine it's a history of what has occurred, and the current ongoing efforts to research the area. Which I greatly prefer, over faked ghost shows. Truth no matter how "dull" you may consider it, to me at least, is so much better than amped up fiction. May not be your cuppa.. but will be for others!

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   
The owner who sold to Bigelow warned him that the research team needed to maintain a low profile or they wouldn't see anything. That was borne out by a subsequent decrease in activity following the team's arrival.

A lot of people trooping through probably isn't the smartest move.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Springer, don't be bothered by the rude and self-satisfied comments here (the ones by people who already "know" the how/why/what is happening there.

I know George somewhat, very casually, I have a great deal of respect for him and you are correct, he is a man who has no need to exaggerate a single thing (and every reason not to) so I have the utmost respect for what he reports.

I am in awe of your ability to even go there. I am totally into "UFOs" - and even abductions, though have no personal experience in either category except writing about them. But, I couldn't go to Skinwalker. That type of stuff, I have a hard time even listening to George tell the stories, it messes with my head so badly and re-enforces just how little we understand this universe.

The Irish have a saying that I think applies to Skinwalker (though I've never been there, just from the story), they speak of "Places where the Earth is 'thin.'" I think there is a great deal of depth to the expression because I think it hints at dimensions that are within arms reach, and yet may as well be across the universe, except in some areas, where the overlap perhaps is stronger than other areas.

I do not even have good guesses as to what could be going on there. I wonder if the government knows much. I believe that there has been a lot of underground excavation in that area. In fact, the stories about underground facilities in Utah are legion, all the way from Temple Square and Crossroads Mall, up the canyon to the records depository, out to Dugway, over to the new NSA facility with the underground computerbanks, and the stories about underground highways. Who knows? Could be true, stranger stuff has happened, the cattle mutilations and such are just beyond bizarre, and I could explain them with UFO activity right up until I heard George's story about the family having seen it happen over 20 minutes.

Anyway, best of luck in your endeavor. Though your disclaimer is understandable, and can add to credibility when it comes to doing an objective investigative movie, do not be afraid to make money off your efforts. It is work, it is a product that is appreciated, and your integrity will stand (or fall) depending on the credibility of the work. Whether you pay yourself (or get paid) is not material in my mind, though I understand why you said it.

I look forward to your installments.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Scrubdog

Who's rude? Me, discussing the contents of Kelleher's book, or you, dropping Knapp's name?

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: AtomicKangaroo
Kind of funny though, the owners claim to not be interested in exploiting the SkinWalker Ranch thing for money according to another post aroundhere. But now the names been trademarked and apparently we have a movie on the way and the owner of ATS has not only recently visited the place, but is now promoting it slowly over time to build up hype and suspense for the movie like any commercial product......

Yep, no exploiting going on here lol.

No, it's not exploitation. You're very, very wise to copyright and trademark those things related to intellectual property. If you don't do your due diligence to protect your work, then legally, if someone copies your work or otherwise tries to use huge chunks of it for their own purposes, it can be argued that you didn't care enough about your work to protect it, thus it's a part of public domain.

People can be skeezy and will just rip off whatever they can get away with and market it as their own.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Devotion works; make a few every day actions devotional to those in your family heritage... especially something that others hold a big NO with. For me my sacrament is smoking... after keeping it as a sort of incense instead of a time killer, is when the first real ghost experience I ever had showed up. It took several years however to occur, someone asked me what sort of sacrifice they could make... and I told her the same thing. A few months later I went to stand outside and have a smoke; while a friend that said she was allergic to it wanted to use the bathroom and said she would use it outside instead kinda a sillly thought so I said oh no I'll just go outside and enjoy the night air; dont worry I wont peep at you or anything... so standing by the door bright moon lit night... arms crossed holding one looking left; then looking back right before taking a drag... woman in white sort looked like she was wearing an old table cloth and had been dragged through the woods and smoke like in appearance with bright blue piercing eyes.

I yelled "oh s#!" lol if thats what the guest was doing at the time... I told her I saw a ghost when I came back in as she was walking back into the room. Said she was creeped out and I said well since I do smoke a lot and your allergic to that(dairy also) so I didn't see any further date potential just as friends; alrighty and the drive to take her home ensued. Seemed to take waaaaay longer than it should have never went there before or after and she asked me to drop her of at the cross roads... bar tender, and a good artist.

Starving artist makes sense with the post your opening... being in a city that films on occasion mostly TV as movies are out priced unless major studios I occasionally see familiar faces from the silver screen. Doesnt bother me though just regular people with regular jobs that others pay to watch work... saw one years ago in social services once, there to get well services while out of work... as such work is demanding and stressful that it can lead to issues to work through the more identifiable the characters. Acting seems to be sort of like the admission of a bar is to drink and well watch someone work, so thats kind of funny. Fans always on someone's back can be annoying like hearing some jackass way too young to have been there talking trash they don't even know about and having been there know they are full of it; so anyways.

I like to stay underground with what I do these days as an artist of many forms; people like to dig in and screw up the genre sort of like how Kevin Smith destroyed Austin Texas with his shout out after he became famous. Herd and heard; eh whatever.

So hey whatever you do a lot of; that you don't really think about or enjoy kinda mindlessly... gives all sorts of unknown a break; practically everything I do has been devoted off.

Nice to hear you are not seeking wage for the story and movie stuff surrounding it. Parents owned the truck from "Fire starter" and likely didn't even know it. So that's kinda funny; I didn't even tell them that's what it was from. Where now... lol who knows.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a place like that is a tough nut to report on - it´s foggy.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   
For what it's worth, Jeremy Corbell posted this on FB a bit ago:

Skinwalker Ranch, The Area 51 of the Paranormal - Mark, of ATS, has made the first public post about George Knapp’s and my team’s recent visit to Skinwalker Ranch - which we took to conclude the filming for my upcoming documentary releasing this Summer titled, Hunt For The Skinwalker. The movie will be an exceptional and an in-depth look at the events surrounding Skinwalker Ranch from over 20 years of anomalous phenomena and high-strangeness. I have been fortunate enough to be given access to vintage footage (from during investigations at the ranch, that we never thought would see the light of day), documents and local areas and places that have been off-limits till now... so buckle up! Skinwalker Ranch is the most scientifically studied UFO and paranormal hotspot in history... both by private industry and by a joint venture with the United States government (the Defense Intelligence Agency). This film will be dealing with those closest to the actual scientific and governmental studies and experiences - set ON the ranch and in the Uintah Basin. It’s gonna be a ride! So be sure to read Mark’s post on ATS as it gives the first glimpse into the recent trip... and just how rare it is to be invited to visit “The Area 51 of the paranormal”... Skinwalker Ranch.

Nice to see he's driving people over here.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

Ask yourself why.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   
To promote the movie, obviously. I have no problem with him or Springer doing that.

He says he has an account here but is unable to post for some reason

edit on 4/13/2018 by vlawde because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Well call me a jaded sceptic.

If the movie shows something worth funding and researching then fine.

But if the movie and giving the 'right people' tours etc is just making a profit, and there is nothing to be researched then it's just exploiting.

Seems simple enough to understand.

Just seen so many docos on UFO's, aliens, ghosts and the like, and they rarely, if they ever have, ever give us anything of substance. Generally a story of folk lore and history on the subject interspersed with a bunch of talking heads who just give give opinions and little else like hard evidence or facts.

Honestly, name one doco or movie on any such matters ever released that has proven beyond a doubt the subject matter they're discussing is real?
I can tell you now the answer is none. Because none has ever been made.

Sorry, but I do truly believe the only motive behind this whole thing is profit. nothing else. I mean keeping the nutjobs out with security guards, and giving exclusive tours to the select few for press hype no doubt costs money.
But as I said, I would happily be proven wrong. Time shall tell I guess.
But I am not gonna be surprised if this movie is exactly what I imagine it is going to be.

Got a feeling a lot of people high up in the "world of weird" will be getting free all expenses vacations up until this movies launch.

But hey, this is the wonderful thing about communities like this. We can all have our own opinions and none of us are right or wrong until we're proven so, and I doubt any of us will be proven wrong either way by this movie or anything else that comes out of SW Ranch.

We have nothing to lose (well except our money) and hopefully a lot to gain.

edit on 13-4-2018 by AtomicKangaroo because: typos as usual. probably more in there otherwise it's just me using real English.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Subrosabelow

And people can be skeezy and rip people off with the stuff they do own.
Exploitation and skeeziness is an equal opportunity employer.

It's kind of like saying a person instantly becomes honest and trustworthy because they put on a police uniform. When history and reality shows us different.

Sure they have the right to market and profit off their own stuff. But they should at least be straight up about that being what they are doing, if indeed that is what they are doing.
And I genuinely hope they aren't just doing a cash in and preying on the weak minded and easily fleeced.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Really looking forward to seeing the updates to this thread and the movie!

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Sorry if not up to date with the lore of the place, but is there evidence of the DIAs involvment in all of this. Paper trail?

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I saw this "Skinwalker Ranch" thread appear yesterday, but dismissed it as another mutilated-cattle thread. Tonight, an "alert" popped up at the bottom of the ATS window, so I clicked, and was brought to this thread.

Skinwalker Ranch is seems to be a very "mysterious" place. I'll do some internet searches now to learn WHY.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer

Wow it's been a while... but this has definitely got my interest. I have been interested in visiting this place for years. I have a feeling that will happen someday, but I certainly would have loved to have been a part of this. To say I am not jealous would be a total lie, so I won't even try. For me its more about finding more answers. I have experienced nearly all the phenomenon that takes place on the ranch in seperate incidents in many varied places over the years, but never been somewhere that seems to be a portal for everything. As a natural Native American shaman I feel drawn to this place in that I feel like perhaps I could help in some way. Maybe I am being drawn there to speak to the entities... this I am not sure of, but I know that I have been pulled towards it for many many years now. I know if it is meant to be it will be when the time is right. Patience is not one of my strongest virtues, but I do have it when I need it. I am very much looking forward to what has been discovered and will be shared with this film. It has certainly brought me back to ATS and for that I am also grateful.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Smugallo

Not that I'm aware of, but I don't have any more inside info than anyone else here

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

This is 2018. There are many available technologies that can record what the human eye can't see.

I'll add this, the ranch is pretty much covered in sensors, every square meter.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Thanks for the thread springer. Tho I wont be holding my breath
Just wondering if the weird feeling you mention was eerie.
Had a very eerie feeling when I watched for the first and the only time a right facing crescent moon and that too in an islamic country
edit on 14-4-2018 by Hyperboles because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   

You could say a lot of "yes", a lot of "why muddy the waters?" and don't don't doubt yourself.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join