It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My visit to The Skinwalker Ranch, 2018

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: pigsy2400

originally posted by: vlawde
Well well well....it appears we may know who else might be in Jeremy's movie. Or at least has a connection to the ranch, as has been speculated here. Look in the back seat

I have an issue with this. All of the major players within the "community" or the topic in general are all connected. Lazar and Lear, Lear and the CIA and aircraft design legacy, Lazar and Knapp, Knapp and Bigelow, Bigelow and Coast2Coast(in the beginning,)Bigelow and MUFON, MUFON and the all the "top" UFOlogists and their podcasts and merchandise and conference talks, Leslie Kean and TTSA and the Intelligence community and skunkworks and TDL.

I know I have laid it out very simply, but think of all of the top theories / stories from the last 20 years and ultimately they all involve one or a mixture of the above. I would be happy for someone to mention a BIG UFO / UAP story that doesn't?

I really like some of the aforementioned a well, even if just as entertainment, but this all plays out sometimes like nothing more than a entertainment industry mixed in with disinformation to achieve.... well I don't know.

If the "truth" whatever that maybe, comes out and is vastly different than what any of the above have ever declared then what?

May seem like I am ranting, but in all honesty, with all the mud and mirk in the water; I may even withdraw from the whole subject matter for a while and revisit it to see if anythings changed in the future, as the more "answers" we are served the more the whole subject becomes more unbearable and more unreadable as time progresses.

But hey....maybe that's the point..

It is not a perfect analogy, but if you said the same thing about the theoretical physics community, you'd have a similar dynamic, "it's all CERN, and Princeton, and the Journal "Nature" and Hawking (RIP) and Susskind, Greene, they're always tied to the same ... go to conferences and they're all linked ..." When one thinks about the "prominent leaders in a super-specialized field" the group tends to get smaller and there is a lot of overlap. Check out some of the Board of Directors of the nation's biggest companies. So, I don't think it's inherently unusual or indicative of much that you can easily find links and overlap.

I admit to being an overly-trusting person by nature, and have a propensity toward naivety, with that disclaimer, you raised some names that I trust almost implicitly, Knapp and Bigelow, because both had tremendous success prior to entering the field and stood only to "lose" in a sense by going forward. Yet they did, out of an interest that seems both genuine and grounded.

In my limited communication with Knapp, the interests quickly drifted well outside any UAP concerns, we both have a background and concerns about water rights in western states. So, it is not like the man is singularly focused on any one thing and seems to have a genuine intellectual curiosity.

Beyond that, I don't find the field quite as insular as you made it sound bc there are teams spread throughout the world finding similar things, jeez, just the Chinese and Mexican government have enough UFO study/activity as to be wholly independent of our CIA.

Or am I missing your meaning here? I am not intending to be antagonistic, the opposite, actually. I would prefer to not see someone walk away out of cynicism, as opposed to skepticism (which is healthy).

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Thank you for taking the time to respond, and yes, let's not derail this thread.

My only comment will be that I'm tired of my government lying to me,
and it's clear that TTSA is a government operation.

Kev

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whatsthisthen
a reply to: Ectoplasm8

I'll leave you scientists to it then.

Enjoy

:roll eyes:

Sure, let's all naively join hands and skip away to unicorn fantasyland where only stories and blind trust is required.

originally posted by: RobertSheaffer
At the end of Patient Seventeen, Corbell basically says that Steven Colbern is still hanging on to the sample, and will not allow it to be retested.

Yeah, you're right. Seems like a little spin on his wording to make it seem like "part II" is hinging upon these new results when most likely there will be none.
Bad UFOs Robert Sheaffer?

Seeing Tom DeLonge in the backseat of that car would only help further support the entertainment outcome of this film if he's associated. What have we gleaned from past Corbell documentaries that gives anyone hope for answers to Skinwalker ranch? Not that answers are required. He's shown that he associates himself with similar minded "experts" who give results based on their own bias. Is this what UFO/alien proponents want?

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   
TDL was not on our trip and is not in the movie...

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: vlawde
Well well well....it appears we may know who else might be in Jeremy's movie. Or at least has a connection to the ranch, as has been speculated here. Look in the back seat

I think this picture conclusively proves once and for all that Tom DeLonge, Jeremy Corbell and George Knapp were all snapped sitting in the same car back in 2015.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

Mark,

as I recall, you were pretty stoked about TTSA in the beginning?
Now look what's happened to it.. it's become one of the most
ineptly fraudulent operations of all time..

I know that you are friends with George and some other people,
just like I"m friends with JV and other people.. so you are very
keen on trusting some of the people.. like I am...

So I'm not throwing rocks at you or George or anyone with
integrity..

but doesn't this picture make you sick to your stomach?

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Ectoplasm8

Perhaps it is just ATS that makes me feel this way yet if "proof" were dissection and zoos then is it any wonder that any intelligent "phenomenon" would have nothing but contempt for it's persuers?

Sometimes it is better to just walk away from knowledge and leave it be. I wouldn't be the first person to say;

The question should always be "Should we?" rather than "Can we?"

Especially where science is concerned.

edit on 27-4-2018 by Whatsthisthen because: shpellin mastake

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Whatsthisthen

I don't think it would be an overstatement to say, that the very essence
of reality is to promote deception.

When a being becomes aware of this, it might not feel so good.

One can become a Magus.. a Buddhist.. a Shaman or a drunk.

Kev

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear
a reply to: Whatsthisthen

I don't think it would be an overstatement to say, that the very essence
of reality is to promote deception.

When a being becomes aware of this, it might not feel so good.

One can become a Magus.. a Buddhist.. a Shaman or a drunk.

Kev

Or bettet still a realist
spooks no spirts no over active imaginations more likely. If a building or an area is said to have strange happenings then people are going to jump at every noise or light as proof.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

I find that in fact there are very few realists.

Even most hardcore materialists I have known, hold a dirty secret
they don't discuss.

Humans are 'wired to believe'.

Its almost better to pick your poison, but not to take it too
seriously.

I consider myself a realist btw..

I disregard 99.999% of all crazy stuff..

but yes.. I do have that .001% that i'm RESEARCHING.

But if it turns out wrong.. then it's wrong.. no harm no
foul..

that's how science works, and I support true science 100%.

I consider science honesty and logic in action.

Kev

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Road trip! Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle!

I have no idea where or when the photo was taken, but since Jeremy is in it, it's likely connected to the ranch. I'm actually glad Tom isn't in the movie, IMO there's no good reason for it.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

It's always the same cast of characters.. nearly all of whom have
smirched reputations, whether fairly or unfairly.

I wish we could get new blood investigating things.. that have
never worked for the CIA, have never worked for Mr. Bigelow
(I have nothing to say against Mr. Bigelow.. he's a successful
business man).. who have never been part of scientology or
any other of a short list of bad ju ju things... that would
be awesome.

But very few people openly research things, under their real
name.

I myself work for a major university, so I'm not free to openly
investigate things either. Maybe in 5 years when I retire,
I might become more public.. but then of course the line
of religious people who have threatened to kill me,for the
love of Jesus will track me down.. so maybe not even then.

It's rather interesting, that both UFOlogy and the Occult in
the USA had their flames fanned so much by the intelligence
agencies.. that one might say that both UFOlogy and the
occult are children of the CIA/other agencies in the USA.

So it's no wonder that all of this is so dirty in the US.

Of course there is *something* to all this stuff.. or so it
appears.. as these sorts of things have happened for
thousands of years globally...

Kev

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Open-minded skepticism is not a bad approach, and I do understand the need to “extract” one’s focus from the Phenomenon for the sake of one’s wellbeing.

It’s a slippery thing, though, and it Seems As If it only lets Itself be studied when It wants to. Therefore, purely scientific data is going to be difficult, especially if it is intelligent enough to know when the Watcher is being Watched.

I dunno. I’m just connecting a few dots for myself here and there. That’s about all one can do.

I would say you bring up one of the more salient points in that whatever "it" is it's quite choosey on how it reacts with the observer. While most observers are focusing on what data can be quantified, no one but the Phenomenon is looking at the observer.

If you look at the history of "it" it shows people what they expect, or think they do. It also branches out by digging up and hooking the observer using hidden information within their life histories or subconscious. Basically "it" uses you as it's material.

Everyone is going to get something different, because our flaws, bias's, fears, unresolved issues are individual.

It's funny that while we consider the Golden Age of UFO's to be over, that KPB posited that all the Good Spirits left it's entirely more likely that we as individuals changed so much in the intervening years. Resulting in the kind of crap we're having parroted back to us via the Phenomena.

'It" hasn't changed it's behaviors as much as what it has to work with via/inherent in the observer has.

The fact it goes right for our psychology, easily alters our physical perceptions can be construed as pretty big clues into our "perceived" frailties. The Phenom being viewed by us as predatory in most cases. Or you can go the other route in considering in it's attempts at communication with us it's actually attempting a most intimate of communication by taking the time to dig around in our individual psychologies blatantly highlighting things we'd prefer remained left alone.

Or it's just using our own crap against us in an attempt to make things so unpleasant we run away and keep running.

Until the Observers add themselves to the equations of manifestations demonstrated, all the scientific gear to record events is much like putting the horse before the cart. Advanced physics being still in it's infancy it's doubtful that anything we can use to record events with isn't going to capture much of any real use.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

I mostly agree with you.

I'm just wondering if there really were "good spirits who left", as various
shaman make that claim and it ties in with when the "good spirit" left
me when I was little. It's an unproven hypothesis.

I certainly did not become nasty.. I was so pure and innocent..
I didn't even know where babies come from at that time!
I only loved. and didn't hate.. not even my savage tormentors
(my parents).

I totally concur that it's humans who got so incredibly nasty.. and since
we view things through our minds, we see this self-generated nastiness.

It's very hard to investigate "the Phenomenon".

Good post.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Not at all why would it?

ETA: It's from three years ago, there are lots pictures of me "out there" with these guys (and several other "guys" for that matter) that have absolutely less than zero to do with anything relevant to the "ranch" or anything else I'm looking at today.

What's the issue? I honestly don't see it.
edit on 4-27-2018 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer

It's the question of guilt by association.

TTSA has posted all these fraudulent pictures and videos.
That's just one of many issues. (many)

Now, I don't absolutely know to what extent Tom personally
is aware of all the fraud.. but someone who has started,
more than anything, a media company, designed to make
youth like the government more, by using fraudulent UFO
material to create books and movies.. most reasonable
adults would have nothing to do with such a person.

even if it was 3 years ago, which I realize it was.. for that person
to be chumming it up, with the people who are intimately involved
with making a movie about similar topics in SWR;

that just sends a cold shiver down my back.

With the people I know at least, TTSA has a credability
of dead zero. They are working hard to become of
similar credibility of say Greer.

Now our friend George Knapp, helped Tom De Longe
write his UFO theory, and of course George is intimately
involved with SWR. So he would have been aware of the
fraud within the past year.. so one can't say "oh that
happened 3 years ago". I haven't see any releases in
the media by George that he doesn't approve of the
fraud..

It's unnerving that the current crew involved with
SWR seems beyond friendly with the near bottom of the
barrel in UFOlogy, TTSA.

The fraud is really not up for debate.. Luis Elizondo
apologized for the fraud.

Now if these facts do not concern you, then I
don't understand you, which is possible.

I have no desire to argue with you.. or to go on about
this repeatedly like I do on some subjects..

I'll just stop being interested in SWR and move on to
other subjects, which I suppose will be a relief to
some.

I'm unsubscribing from this thread.

But as always Mark, thanks for co-creating ATS,
you've got a wonderful thing here.

Kev

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

'day KPB

I don't think it would be an overstatement to say, that the very essence of reality is to promote deception.

Hmm, all of it?

A certain "layer" of "phenomenon" does act like that, for-sure.

I am a father of two (now grown) children and children can be masters of deception. When they have the upper hand children can be horrors. Children can also be dangerous if you are a kitten in the hands of a group of five year olds.

I am an adult and having learned this lesson in life, I can look at some of the "phenomenon" and see it in this light and act accordingly. Children all learn how adults behave very early in life and they create strategies to control adults accordingly. Supermarket tantrums for instance. Some children become very good at controlling.

Think also of girls who have been mistreated very badly by men to the point of seeing all men as bastards, yet that girl wants a man in her life. She will test her man to the nth degree to prove to herself that this "nice" man is a bastard too, that ALL men are bastards. Some girls become very good at destroying good men.

That is just two pieces of psychology that I found fits, to a degree, some of the various "phenomenons". Fits enough to work with, to be practical.

To face the "phenomenon" is often like facing a spoiled brat of a little girl who can do real damage. At the same time that spoiled brat of a girl thinks all men are bastards and will try an prove it too. Even more dangerous.

I learned very early in parenthood, that when a tantrum occurs in the supermarket, one just walks away and abandons the child until the child realizes it is alone, then you can "find" the child again and all is good. Only twice did I have to do that to change behavior.

So too the "phenomenon", sometime it is best to walk away and if they are curious as to why you did not behave like an ordinary human, they will follow you about. If you are open some will get interested in you.

It is like creating a relationship with that "little girl who hates men". It takes time and a lot of effort and a great deal of patience. Once you win one over to you, then the others become curious too.

Some things at skinwalker fit this description such as the "wolf". Others there are to be walked away from seriously and quickly not looking back.

Learning to tell the difference is also dangerous.

When a being becomes aware of this, it might not feel so good. One can become a Magus.. a Buddhist.. a Shaman or a drunk.

I know what you mean there KPB, and I would rather reach for the bottle a few times a year then turn into the other choices. To become the guru, magnus, or bhuddist or other "authority" is the very concept of horror for me.

A grandfather sitting on my rocking chair with my odd collection of strange little girls, watching them play, looking after them and them me, is actually the future I look forward to in old age and afterwards.

I just think both religion and science got it all wrong : )

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   

I'm unsubscribing from this thread.

C'mon, man. Playing six-degrees of separation doesn't illuminate the truth, it simply reinforces your predisposition to cynicism (something you well admit -- good, bad, or indifferent), and that point is taken w.r.t. SWR, but Mark and George et. al are enjoying the 'unknowns' of life and there's been little to suggest that making money (just saying...maybe they have ZERO financial interest and it's all an ALTRUISTIC endeavour [much like TTSA was initially promoted -- my post history clearly shows I called TTSA and TDL for the con they are] and it's really just a bunch of like-minded individuals doing things humans have done since time immemorial: socialize.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 01:22 AM
link   

With circular thinking like that you'll find yourself talking to yourself in no time...

You're making wild assumptions about the motives of people you don't know and I can tell you you're wrong... But, whatever you want to do is A OK, it's a free country.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join