It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My visit to The Skinwalker Ranch, 2018

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Springer, thanks for the report. First post. Glad you got to visit the paranormal ranch. One troubling part I have a problem with is the mention of armed guards. I've seen the pictures of Blackwater style military contractors armed with AR-15's. I've read reports of threatening guards patrolling off property with attack K9's. I guess it depend on which side of these patrols you are on.

Can you explain why the owner would feel the need to provide military style operators to "protect" you when you visit a remote ranch for a film? I've been on numerous feature film sets in my career and never, in the decades in this biz, were armed, with long rifle, security needed. Some time local cops to cordon off an area where we needed to film, maybe.

But it's just sort of assinie to suggest there are so many thrill seekers jumping the gates that armed, delta style, operators need to patrol the property and protect you and the film crew. (look at the photos on Skinwalker) I have no problem with anything else you said. Highly sensitive military outposts with secret tech, OK, we need to protect that technology from reaching foreign agents. I have been contemplating what in creation is at Skinwalker that requires such an aggressive posture?

If there is evidence of an active menace/threat/infiltration by some group..OK. Never heard that one. Only some curious thrill seekers - which could be dealt with local law enforcement easily.

I would understand this, if there was an asset they were protecting, such as a gold mine, or other precious minerals that were there. Perhaps that is the secret of the ranch. A mineral claim. A bunch of dusty old corals and buildings with some odd sightings does not equate to highly armed security detail. Please explain why?

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Dr. Christoper C. "Kit" Green sits on and chairs various boards that keep a close eye on events and advances in the neurophysiological sciences that have national security implications.

These studies have a particular emphasis on techniques being developed outside of U.S. oversight. Now, who would be most interested in keeping tabs on such research? Why the intelligence community of course.

And we know where the funding for such ventures almost inevitably comes, right?

Below are quotes from two different, but related, projects that Dr. Green is significantly involved in. The links to the reports themselves make for some fascinating--if somewhat scary at times--reading.

Emerging Cognitive Neuroscience and Related Technologies, from the National Research Council, identifies and explores several specific research areas that have implications for U.S. national security, and should therefore be monitored consistently by the intelligence community. These areas include:

1. neurophysiological advances in detecting and measuring indicators of psychological states and intentions of individuals

2. the development of drugs or technologies that can alter human physical or cognitive abilities

3. advances in real-time brain imaging

4. breakthroughs in high-performance computing and neuronal modeling that could allow researchers to develop systems which mimic functions of the human brain, particularly the ability to organize disparate forms of data.
As these fields continue to grow, it will be imperative that the intelligence community be able to identify scientific advances relevant to national security when they occur. To do so will require adequate funding, intelligence analysts with advanced training in science and technology, and increased collaboration with the scientific community, particularly academia.

A key tool for the intelligence community, this book will also be a useful resource for the health industry, the military, and others with a vested interest in technologies such as brain imaging and cognitive or physical enhancers.

Appendix F from the same report above:

True and False Memories as an Illustrative Case of the Difficulty of Developing Accurate and Practical Neurophysiological Indexes of Psychological States

An important issue for cognitive neuroscientists concerns efforts to determine whether a person is reporting a true experience or one that is false but believed. In the last decade, there have been innumerable research efforts designed to distinguish true from false memories. Earlier work examining behavioral differences between true and false memories revealed that group differences were sometimes found (for example, more sensory details in true-memory reports) (Schooler et al., 1986). However, the statistical group differences did not enable reliable classification of any particular memory report as to its authenticity...

The military application of neuroscience research - Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists

Several of the cognitive science applications that have the most enormous ethical implication (as described by Huang and Kosal) contain advances that are being made even faster than publicly thought. These advances do not include lie detection technology, whose potential to invade the privacy of individuals is an unrealistic scientific possibility (I'm waiting for a theory of mind to be developed first!). They do include an approach to near-real-time, multimodal cognitive measurements to "watch people think" while under stress (an achievable goal scientifically) not under duress...

Not all of the "good" research will be done exclusively in the West--at least not before 2015. The results of this work will make sick people well and soldiers safer, but the technologies will not exclusively follow Western views on ethical questions, such as human stem-cell research, research on willing prisoners, and work on human-animal chimeras…

Above bolding mine.

edit on 15-4-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

You'd have to test the subjects without their knowledge or permission,
or else the subjective factors of the person themselves would utterly
ruin the test.

If you had the person under contract (a member of the military / government /
a paid employee) you could give yourself cover with their employment
contract fine print.

Of course the CIA sprayed '___' from a crop duster over hollywood, if I recall
correctly.. so the annoying requirement of even "fine print permission"
are not always obtained.

Kev

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer

I give you credit for having the backbone to go there. I don't like the idea of putting myself in a situation of paranormal activity. I don't like the idea of taking a chance of something weird following me home.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

(grin) when something follows one home is when things get interesting, especially when they do it out of curiosity.

"Mom, can I keep it? Pleassssse!"

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Well, they're friends of ATS, so that's all ok.
Isn't it?

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

"Human-animal Chimeras" - now where have I heard that before . . . . .

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
Isn't it?

As a member, "Ask not what your Country can do for you but, rather, What can be done to you for your Country!!"

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   
This is what I have been waiting for Springer, some real on location live action by trusted members, yourself included as it has been far too long. Thank everyone involved for taking time to walk the talk.

Question, did you have anyone in the group who is a magnet for activity? Often it takes certain energies to bring out the unknowable in situations and places.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Thanks for the post, can't wait to hear more !

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Springer, that's awesome.

So glad you had the opportunity to experience the Ranch.

Sorry there wasn't high strangeness afoot.

But you're a nice guy.

Bet they loved having you there.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Looks like you had a good time. Sitting around the fire with no snow in sight. We just got twenty inches dumped on us over the last sixteen hours.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Clarification: The new owner(s) are not involved in the production of the film Jeremy, Matt, and George shot that I am in.

They absolutely participated in it, and were 100% graciously open about allowing us to have free run of the place in order to film it, but this film is a JKLC/The Orchard production all the way.

I don't know if the owners have any plans to shoot their own documentary or not but after this one, as well and thoroughly done as it is, I'd think they'd want to bring Jeremy back for any follow ups as necessary.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

Love to hear all the updates you have, and definitely to keep the discussion accurate.

Kev

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
Isn't it?

As a member, "Ask not what your Country can do for you but, rather, What can be done to you for your Country!!"
Lol, hilarious

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Springer, quick question:
Where is going to be released the film? Any specific platform?

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity, are you the Springer who used to have a TV show where the less educated would clash on the stage?

As for places having their own peculiar resonance, they are many such places around the world, where their history provides the ambience one feels. Where I reside in the North West of England close to Pendle Hill, you can feel a resonance of the area as if it is like a 'presence'...the area itself is a presence. I grew up there, and wherever I have lived I have always been able to see Pendle from my window, as a child it used to be my backyard. I would wander alone across its flanks like a proverbial 'Heathcliffe', allowing the breeze to direct my path.
edit on 16/4/18 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
For the researchers.

The wolf is not her real form. She is comfortable using it when dealing with humans.

There are deep grudges towards humans that predate European arrival so the "phenomenon" should be considered as having no human aspect.

Be careful in apportioning blame for mutilations. Others do their dirty work where someone else gets blamed.

They want to be left alone. Frightening people is their way of saying "go away".

If people want to insult them, do this:

* Think your smarter then them.

* Hunt them. (Nothing annoys a predator more then being predated)

* Look down on them as "sub human".

* Use them for amusement.

If you want to approach "wolfie", she'll find you on her terms in the 'Y' of a small gully in the ridge directly behind the ranch house.

Guns are not much help when they are behind you all the time and your out flanked from the get-go.

By the way, the gun shots in the first chapter of the book - she felt no pain.

That is simply how it works.

edit on 16-4-2018 by Whatsthisthen because: Typo

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Jeremy Corbell's Patient Seventeen left a lot to be desired in the way of hard scientific evidence. For example, in his lecture/screening in Copenhagen he says "and there will probably be a part 2 after we get the sample back and we will find out and prove definitively one way or the other what this is." Contamination of the sample was given as the possible reason for the results. I've yet to see any update to the hopefully unbiased independent study of the sample. As of now we're left again with the dragging out of the results a la the starchild skull, Attacama mummy, Nazca mummies, etc. People need to be held accountable for statements made. I think the Skinwalker Ranch documentary will follow this same path. On the verge of discovery but not quite there yet. This leans more toward entertainment rather than a documentary supported by scientific fact.

Hopefully those who were invited and attended weren't all connected to a larger audience. Sounds like a not-so-sly way to get free publicity and the word out by inviting those connected to the subject which they know will filter down to groups that follow and freely accept the phenomenon. Nothing wrong with that of course. But after so many years and over-hyped "knowledgeable" researchers/experiencers/experts, we're still left no further along to an answer than we were many decades ago.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Ectoplasm8

So how does one scientifically prove that which is intangeable to exist when science is not up to the task?

edit on 16-4-2018 by Whatsthisthen because: Added the word scientifically - wait is that a real word?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join