It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Styxhexenhammer666 running for Governor in Vermont

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The breaking political story in America is that Styxhexenhammer666 is running for Governor in Vermont, a career move that may eventually see him occupy the White House. This is being seen as a test case as to whether e-celebs can make an impact in real life politics.

Styx may seem an unlikely political candidate but he tends to make a lot of sense as an independent and is principled;

I, Tarl Warwick, throw my hat in the ring. My platform has these planks:

>1. I will accept no pay as governor, and no pension. I have my own income.

>2. I will, if elected, refuse to enforce gun control as recently passed in hopes the legislature will help to reverse it. Vermont has no crime problem.

>3. I will, if elected, fight the opiate crisis by instructing the legislature to consider decriminalizing all drugs within the state for minor possession so that addicts can seek treatment without stigma.

>4. I will never join a political party while serving in office and will remain an independent. If elected I will not stop doing my normal gubernatorial work to campaign for re-election and will simply tell people whether or not I am running (I would attend scheduled debates however.)

>5. I will veto any tax hikes and any opaque legislation that is overly long or convoluted. 6. I will use my online presence and presence as governor to argue in favor of the debate commission opening up to minor party candidates, and encourage the abolition of super PACs and corporate campaign donations to try and save our Republic.

What will make this an interesting test case is that Styx is likely to have considerable online support beyond that of the subscribers of his own platform, he explains his position here on a general discussion platform for example, so anyway one to keep an eye on, peace out.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Sigrun

Good luck to him on a smart self promotion campaign but that's all this will be.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I'll wish him good luck.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I live in Vermont and I've only seen this dude once on Youtube. I guess Vermont is the place to run for someone with his persona.

I won't get my hopes up though.. there is institutional money and influence here just like there is pretty much everywhere else

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Isn't that what they said about Trump?

a reply to: FamCore

Sure, like i said an interesting test case with a whole lot of fun involved.

edit on 12-4-2018 by Sigrun because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I've been following him for a while, and despite his looks, he makes a hell of a lot of sense...very logical, concise and well thought out arguments. If I was in Vermont, I'd vote for him.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Yeah , but Trump is a well connected Billionaire with friends in high places , Styxhexenhammer666 isn't.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I live in Vermont as well. No nothing of him until now.Will keep eye on him,see what happens.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
A new generation of thought. He actually is on top of his game here. It called "any thing goes in politics" awareness. He will do what Trump did, make people aware of what is going on in the world of politics, something most people don't know. Example of this is: a Governor gets a pension for life. Holy smackers, us Vets don't even get that after serving 4 years in the military.

I hope he gets elected.
And who is this guy anyway. Never heard of him till now. Seems like a cool dude that doesn't have any mental issues.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sigrun

The results of Jesse Ventura and Al Franken having a kid.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

But the doubt you raised was over his sincerity and motivational reasons and i think you were unfairly cynical and he can actually count on a good deal of support because he is known as a sincere individual, he certainly doesn't have financial backing though which is what makes this a test case.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

America could do a Helluva lot worse than this young man for governer of a state,or even president. Well they have,so far,been doing a helluva lot worse.Been watching him on YT for a long time. Wonderfully wise,sensible,eloquent young man.A far better candidate than anything in recent decades,anyway.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I don't think I am being cynical , is the current Governor stepping aside at the next election ?
He may get a few thousand votes but he won't become Governor.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
he is very knowledgeable, reasonable and articulate. If anyone debates him they will be destroyed since most politicians dont know how to reason beyond a childlike level.

I hope he gets some support and makes it far....we need more regular people getting into politics.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

If I live in Vermont I would vote for him! I hope he wins and his win and message spreads like wildfire! I watched his vid and couldn't find a thing he said that I could disagree with!

Tarl Warwick for Governor of Vermont!!!

To the OP, Thanks for posting this! I don't like to post anything anymore due to the toxicity of politics but you did well for posting this!

edit on 12-4-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Yeah , but Trump is a well connected Billionaire with friends in high places , Styxhexenhammer666 isn't.

It was social media that made Bernie Sanders go from an almost unknown senator from Vermont to beating Trump in almost every poll towards the end of the 2016 election primary. Bernie certainly got no help from the DNC or billionaire Dem donors, and not from the MSM either. Quite the opposite, the pundits either ignored or ridiculed him for months and months. But the days are gone when MSM dictates people's political opinions, thankfully. If the MSM still had that kind of power, Hillary Clinton would be president. She is not. Thankfully to that too.

And despite being a Scandinavian leftie (or "commie" in American) myself, I like this Styxenhammer guy. I've listened to him a few times, and even though I don't agree with his political views I think he is very bright and interesting. With the power of social media I think he can go far in politics.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Social media is a game changer.
Can this guy get enough solid, word of mouth through social media to get elected?

We've seen Jessie Ventura get elected but he had huge name recognition. We've seen Trump but again, huge name recognition and money and resources.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Guess you didn't watch the video?

He doesn't want CONTRIBUTIONS and he is running unaffiliated. In other words he is breaking the mold of money in politics. He is running on what he believes in and using the internet and whatever resources he has available to him to do so.

Does his approach scare you? Because honestly, I love his approach and intentions and platform.

He is a true libertarian unlike the so called libertarian party we now have.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I don't know the Vermont political situation my only interest here is the candidacy of a well respected figure within what passes for the Alt-media, so i've no idea how well he'll do but like i said i find it interesting as a test case

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sigrun

I don't know the Vermont political situation my only interest here is the candidacy of a well respected figure within what passes for the Alt-media, so i've no idea how well he'll do but like i said i find it interesting as a test case

For sure he is bucking the system more so than Trump! Keep an eye on him and his well being! I am sure his video has got the establishment worked the hell up.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join