It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The return of Jesus

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Apolagies for the shortness of this thread but im stuck on something and Im looking for someone to point me in the right direction. Where in the Bible does it say that Jesus will return. In John 8:12 Jesus apparently says that "Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life". Now im no religious scholar but that tells me that somebody else who represented the Light of Life would follow not the return of Jesus. He has had his day I use the word aparently because Jesus never wrote anything down, so it's all third party information. A bit like a Chineese whisper
Can anyone enlighten my ignorance?

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
When the new Messiah shows up, he probably won't be named Jesus. On top of that, Jesus's name wasn't Jesus.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Try the book was of acts 1.11
Also consider revelations to get a vague idea

Apart from that just search bible verses about Jesus return

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
"Google It"

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
When the new Messiah shows up, he probably won't be named Jesus. On top of that, Jesus's name wasn't Jesus.

Mary named him after Joshua. Pronunciation is something like Yeshua. Jesus was a translation error. You can call him that. It makes no difference. He knows you are addressing him. God is not stupid

(post by Kharron removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

Mary named him after Joshua. Pronunciation is something like Yeshua. Jesus was a translation error. You can call him that. It makes no difference. He knows you are addressing him. God is not stupid

God is not stupid? You sure about that? They made humans, afterall.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Acts 1:11

11"Men of Galilee," they said, "why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven."

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Thanks for all the replys but nope, but everything seems circumstantial. I can see how some may be convinced on Jesus's return, but nope Im looking for a direct quote or paragraph that talks directly about his return....Logic tells me that Jesus's "successor" will be someone who represents the Light of Life. Now there ain't many people in creation who can represent th Light of Life. It's either a family or the Creator himself - not Jesus, he's only the Light of the World not LIFE

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DpatC

Thanks for all the replys but nope, but everything seems circumstantial. I can see how some may be convinced on Jesus's return, but nope Im looking for a direct quote or paragraph that talks directly about his return....Logic tells me that Jesus's "successor" will be someone who represents the Light of Life. Now there ain't many people in creation who can represent th Light of Life. It's either a family or the Creator himself - not Jesus, he's only the Light of the World not LIFE

11"Men of Galilee," they said, "why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven."

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron
I thought he already returned!

Yes, that's true. Just poke around the Internet and look up the accounts of people who have personally experienced the returned Christ in their everyday lives. "He" is apparently remaining true to his shape-shifting, as people are encountering what is basically the "Christ Spirit" in a variety of different people, from little kids telling parables to hitchhikers singing songs.

No, it's not happening like the Bible said it would and it's not making the sticklers happy. But whadda ya gonna do?

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

I thought he already returned!

Yes, that's true. Just poke around the Internet and look up the accounts of people who have personally experienced the returned Christ in their everyday lives. "He" is apparently remaining true to his shape-shifting, as people are encountering what is basically the "Christ Spirit" in a variety of different people, from little kids telling parables to hitchhikers singing songs.

No, it's not happening like the Bible said it would and it's not making the sticklers happy. But whadda ya gonna do?

Wow, that's the first time I've heard anyone say the bible is inaccurate. Kudos to you!

If that part is inaccurate can other parts still be counted on?

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

originally posted by: DpatC

Not Said by Jesus but by one of his followers and remember not alot was wrote about Jesus until approx 100 years after his death (I think im right on that one, may need to double check my notes)

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

If that part is inaccurate can other parts still be counted on?

The parts that you personally know to be true? It would be pretty foolish to take "as gospel" as it were the old writings of a bunch of anonymous authors who may or not have even been alive during the times they were writing about, or may have had a vision of questionable accuracy.

But it may not necessarily be foolish to do as these Christ avatars are suggesting, which is prepare yourself for a change -- more cognitive than physical -- but also be ready to face the wrath of those who do not understand it.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DpatC

Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left. "Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him. (Matthew 24:40-44)

For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father's glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what he has done. ((Matthew 16:27)

"At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory. And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other. (Matthew 24:30-31)

Jesus answered: "Watch out that no one deceives you. For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Christ,' and will deceive many. And many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or, 'There he is!' do not believe it. For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect--if that were possible. See, I have told you ahead of time. "So if anyone tells you, 'There he is, out in the desert,' do not go out; or, 'Here he is, in the inner rooms,' do not believe it. For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. (Matthew 24:4-5; 11; 23-27)

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. (John 14:1-3)

You also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him." (Luke 12:40)

"When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. "Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.' "Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?' "The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.' "Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.' "They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?' "He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.' "Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life." (Matthew 25:31-46)

If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his Father's glory with the holy angels." (Mark 8:38)

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Jesus' return is on a personal level not an impersonal one such as him coming out of the clouds. When one finds the light they find Jesus("I am the light of the world").

Look at what you see, only when you recognize the light that's always been there will "Jesus" make himself/itself known to you.
edit on 4/12/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

So he'll come back nailed to a cross??
edit on 12/4/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/4/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DpatC

There won't be a "successor" - there is only one Jesus. He reigns in Heaven right now beside God. Jesus is part of God and part of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is Life which is the force of God. And so, Jesus is Life.

Jesus will return after the Tribulation to defeat all evil and to chain Satan up. That will be His official return. First, there will be the Rapture when the Holy Spirit and all believers (who contain the Holy Spirit) are removed from earth. The Rapture is a spiriting away of all believers and the Holy Spirit that now is the "restrainer" will then be removed from earth at which point all evil will be let loose.

Hope that helps.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

No, Jesus ascended into Heaven, into a cloud. That is how he will return to earth.

9 Now when He had spoken these things, while they watched, He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. 10 And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel, 11 who also said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven.”

When Jesus returns He will not be meek and gentle. He will be a mighty force, one that nothing can match.
11 Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. 12 His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had[a] a name written that no one knew except Himself. 13 He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. 15 Now out of His mouth goes a sharp[c] sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written:

KING OF KINGS AND
LORD OF LORDS.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soulece

originally posted by: visitedbythem

God is not stupid? You sure about that? They made humans, afterall.

Did you expect Him to make them perfect like Him. With no choice. Would you like a robot slave wife. Maybe I shouldn't ask that? LOL!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join