It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

40k year old Denisovan stone braclet?!?! Way more advanced than humans at the time!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

originally posted by: rickymouse
Someone had to teach modern humans how to do things. Humans are not the most intelligent beings in history. Think about it, what other species destroys so much environment to make things they do not really need? What other species has killed so many other creatures in this world?

Diseases, dinosaurs, insects...

Could you imagine standing behind a dinosaur when it farted?

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Would be very cool if it was or is 40k yr old cause it gives an in-site to how those people crafted those items, nice thread

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Would be super stinky 😀😂

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Yup yup!

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I think the drilling a hole is.. appearently we were not known to do the same until 8-12k years ago?!?!

That’s crazy!

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
The article says a ring was found with the bracelet, the details of which have not been released.. I wonder what the ring was like!

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Now if we could only get a somewhat complete denisovan skeleton, maybe something to provide context to them as a people.

I’m really curious to see if the Red Deer Cave remains could be Denisovans or an early example of admixture with high levels of Denisovans genetics. I can’t fathom why genetic testing of those remains havent been done as of yet. Though the latter isn’t very likely as they are between 14.4 Ja and 1500 tears old yet have several archaic morphological traits.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: Blaine91555

I think the drilling a hole is.. appearently we were not known to do the same until 8-12k years ago?!?!

That’s crazy!

The craftsmanship is the thing, not the drilling

Around 75,000 years ago, in a cave near the southern Cape shoreline in South Africa, a human drilled tiny holes into the shells of snails and strung them as beads to make the oldest known jewellery - by at least 30,000 years.
Forty-one shells of the mollusc scavenger Nassarius kraussianus, with holes and marks in similar positions, have been found in a cave overlooking the Indian Ocean in South Africa, archaeologists from France, Britain and Norway report in today's issue of the journal Science.
14 year old reference

Harte
edit on 4/12/2018 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew
Multiple races, multiple species, lost civilizations, all wiped out time and time again with Earth shattering, extinction level events, and all of our archaeologists trying to put everyone together on a single timeline.

This is what happens when you try and do that. Now, we'll wait for some off the wall theory that doesn't make any sense whatsoever to explain it.

Knowledge is constantly being lost. Even in an IT company, when one engineer leaves, the knowledge to do things like writing script code to connect different systems together is lost. With a research lab, local legends would build around a post-doc student having collected a particular set of data or having written software, but now long lost on some long gone server or PC.

Even with paper documentation and mass produced items, over 40% of items are thrown out after 12 months. So the probability P of anything lasting N years is (1-p) ^ N, where p is the probabilty of surviving one year (0.6 in this case). The only way anything can last thousands of years is to be hidden in a stone cave or monument like a pyramid.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I’m more amazed by the thought of full fledged cities or the equivalent of a species other than human?!?!!

Trade, language, art, exc.. that’s nuts imho.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

Fair enough.. that’s crazy too..

I often think about how the world must have looked like middle earth at one point..

“Dwarves, elves and orcs” all varieties of hominid..

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
Knowledge is constantly being lost.

All that information that was stored on those 5-1/4 inch floppy discs!

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
posted 3 years ago
www.abovetopsecret.com...

there has been more info to come out of the site, but it is still spotty.
I have read an update that confirms other items have been found, and there items are stil in situ, between securely dated layers.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

At first I thought the metal bracelet was part of the find! Then I read "stone bracelet" and clicked the Siberian Times link which has a caption explaining that the "moders(sik) bracelet" is for comparison. I guess it probably was supposed to say modern.

But even still this is an incredible find. I love that we are still finding things that bewilder the mind. I hope ww3 or shtf or my death can wait until we plebs can get some more answers from the Earth's past...

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Neither were Jews, maybe once Gypsies nor the Irish, pygmies maybe
Less than a handful of bones have been found

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: Woodcarver

Less than a handful of bones have been found

This is a patently false statement bearing no semblance of the actual facts. Neanderthal were my area of study. I’ve handled many more than a mere handful when I was learning how to measure attachment point scars to determine muscle mass of the individual and that was only what we had access to. Places like Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Biology, specifically Svante Paabo’s team, have a multiple specimens on site as do a multitude of universities across the planet. There are numerous nearly complete specimens. So no... not less than a handful.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

No, it's not patently false
We are talking Denisovians, catch up, not Neanderthal

As for my Monet, Neanderthals were different, but human
If pygmies had died out and some scientists dug their bones, they would be classified as pre human I bet

All bones can tell you is something, somebody existed, nothing about them as individuals or their culture
It's clear to me, more advanced cultures existed pre history not just cavemen as your type teach

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

No, it's not patently false
We are talking Denisovians, catch up, not Neanderthal

I think it’s you who needs to keep up. The post you replied to was referencing Neanderthal and your response was “less than a handful”. In the context of your prior post, you are inarguably Wrong.

As for my Monet, Neanderthals were different, but human
If pygmies had died out and some scientists dug their bones, they would be classified as pre human I bet

And you would lose that bet for being again, wrong.

All bones can tell you is something, somebody existed, nothing about them as individuals or their culture

As usual, you are again wrong. From fossilized bone we can determine type of diet, muscle and body mass, cause of death in some instances, we can determine the environment they lived in from pollen and plant residue,we can determine whether or not the organism was bipedal or quadrupedal, if they were capable of the same type of speech as HSS, in the case of Neanderthal for example we’ve learned that their visual cortex(evidenced by their significantly larger occipital bun compared to us) was larger than that in HSS and along with their larger eye sockets that they were highly specialized for a lower light environment and had better visual acuity than HSS but also less area of the brain that aids in maintaining social structures while African HSS have larger frontal lobes. We can also determine a lot from how the remains were buried,was it a purposeful burial? What grave goods did they bury with the individual? I could go on and on but It’s after1 am so I don’t have time to go into detail about every little piece of data that can be obtained from cranial and post cranial anatomy. Especially when you’re notorious for not reading anything that interferes with your confirmation biases. Suffice to say that there is a hell of a lot that can be determined.

It's clear to me, more advanced cultures existed pre history not just cavemen as your type teach

I don’t teach about cavemen and you don’t have any evidence of advanced cultures. Again, you’re out of your depth and just plain wrong.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Pete, believe as you wish, stop preaching your faith at me
You can determine bits and pieces
You fundies are all alike

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Looking at the bracelet, this reminds me of a primitive form of a slave bracelet . I think the ring was probably attached to the bracelet and not a heavy charm. I have dealt in native American jewelry for the past 15 years and it looks very close to me.
Here's a pic for comparison.
native slave bracelet
It does not make sense to have a heavy charm swinging from the bracelet, while walking or moving there is a high probability it would chip the cuff bracelet.

Any thoughts?
edit on 13-4-2018 by Mofo918 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join