It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump and Syria

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
A bit of a preamble here. Many of you know I'm a Trump supporter. Not Republican or Democrat. A 'Trumpster'. I am one that supports Trump until such a time that he proves me wrong in supporting him. Overall, he has reinforced my support in the last year.

I will state this at the onset, anyone who claims they know what the hell is going on is full of organic fertilizer. There are flat out too many possibilities, too much contradictory information, too many vested interests to possibly know the answers-unless it's a fluke.

Therefore, under that premise, I would like to address this from the view of the U.S. and it's current President. Off the top, Trump is caught between several rocks and multiple hard places, from what I can see. His last, very controlled and limited missile strike at a facility that stored chemical weapons sent a message. He followed it up with clear statements that chemical weapon usage would not be tolerated. That he would respond.

About a week back, he stated he intended to withdraw from Syria as ISIS is largely defeated. Then the 'timely' second chemical weapon attack. The U.S. remains steadfast in pointing to Assad and could respond at any time as it did the first time. Obviously, Trump is pretty astute in assessing and implimenting game plans that work out in his favor. Yet his information is 'filtered' by a mechanism that controls information given to him.

My first, knee-jerk thought was OK. He'll hit an appropriate base or two, backing up his line in the sand AND withdraw from Syria before the mid-term elections which would fulfill a campaign promise. I can live with that scenario. I'm convinced this situation isn't of his making and may be the reason behind this latest chemical attack. In other words, it isn't an MIC thing, or a NWO/NATO concoction, not even 'oil' but a U.S. one! Those that would take Trump down by any means possible. After all, Syria is a 'little dump' in the middle of a completely FUBAR'd region.

Hey! Just a scenario! No better or worse than any of the others out there.LOL.

So why isn't Trump producing the evidence of Assad/Syrian culpability? He either has it or he doesn't. Yes? Why not produce it? That one I cannot come up with a reasonable answer to and I hope someone smarter than me might have an answer.

If he doesn't have proof, why continue? Is he not ready to take on that aspect of the deep state/ globalists? A rope-a-dope until his D.C. house and the nation, overall,is in batter shape? If his motive is the U.S., first and foremost and I believe it is, is this course of action the least damaging to the U.S.?

All I can say is this thing results in confusion on steroids. Slightly less if the topic is from a Trump frame of reference. I know, nearly impossible but an attempt is worth it.

Dare I say it? Thoughts?
edit on 12-4-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
This maybe has something to do with it? Threatening the financial stability of a nation could be a catalyst.
moneymorning.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

So why isn't Trump producing the evidence of Assad/Syrian culpability? He either has it or he doesn't. Yes? Why not produce it? That one I cannot come up with a reasonable answer to and I hope someone smarter than me might have an answer.

Probably for the same reason that Emmanuel Macron over here in France has just stated that they have proof but will not say which proof...

They are trying to fill us with taurine fecal matter.

Kindest respects

Lags

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Thank you for putting my thoughts into words.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Well I read some research and evidence in the New York times ? I presume Mr T has had similar investigations to
splutter his tweets and spill his Coffee ?

www.nytimes.com...

Sorry no C and P with the NYT..A Good Article though..IMHO.. Peace..

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Trump has been played like a moron it is as simple as that.

The deep-state wanted a war in Syria and Trump was going stop that by pulling out.

So a chemical attack is staged with support of the rebels with pictures of dead children as they though that will trigger trump who thinks more with emotion than logic.

And so the deepstate has got Trump dancing to there tune.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

What are your thoughts of him taunting Russia on twitter. With NK it was unprofessional, and immature. But doing it with Russia dare I say it is a threat to national security. Many Trump supporters love the fact that he isn't by the book, but some things he really needs to act... Dare I say.. Like President instead of a spoiled two year old brat that isn't getting his way.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fermy
This maybe has something to do with it? Threatening the financial stability of a nation could be a catalyst.
moneymorning.com...

It's is an interesting point. I would note that the 'Petro Yuan' has been announced about, what(?) a week or two ago and no drop in the the USD.

As I've comment before, Trump has options to counter that move. One, he can remove the block on crude and natural gas exports which would further drop world-wide prices....and undercut SCA contracts that are paid in Yuans and he can demand payment in USDs for those exports.

Just a thought, though.
edit on 12-4-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Trump's most recent tweet makes me think he is reevaluating the whole scenario and may not attack at all if absolute proof isn't put forward. One can hope at least because the last thing we need is to drop more bombs. I could see him doing exactly what the MSM and war lobby wants and attack Syria, just to be condemned for it a few weeks later after proof comes out Assad didn't use the chemical weapon.

ETA: I think the best case scenario is to pull out of Syria completely and follow through on his campaign promise to stop meddling in ME wars and rebuild America. If they want to kill each other over there than so be it. It's not our say on what they do and definitely not our place to be the world police.
edit on 12-4-2018 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reydelsol

The deep-state wanted a war in Syria and Trump was going stop that by pulling out.

So a chemical attack is staged with support of the rebels with pictures of dead children as they though that will trigger trump who thinks more with emotion than logic.

Not impossible, but it's not impossible that you completely underestimate him.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Twitter rants and starting military action without giving any evidence?

Either:

A) He is a moron that got played like a sucker by the deepstate.

B) He is intelligent and using masquerading as a idiot and has been working for the deepstate all along.

Either way what is about the happen does not benefit YOU or the American public. And it should as the American public is the boss of the president.
edit on 12-4-2018 by Reydelsol because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

That's yet to be seen, but would also be a good way to lose a good percentage of his base supporters. I know if he bombs without absolute proof, he will definitely lose my support.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: mzinga

What are your thoughts of him taunting Russia on twitter. With NK it was unprofessional, and immature. But doing it with Russia dare I say it is a threat to national security. Many Trump supporters love the fact that he isn't by the book, but some things he really needs to act... Dare I say.. Like President instead of a spoiled two year old brat that isn't getting his way.

So 'acting professional' or 'Presidential' has gotten us what? Comfort from those that rely on rhetoric?

Simply put, a large percentage of us hold little to no importance on twitter. What he does, does.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Either:

B) He is intelligent and using masquerading as a idiot and has been working for the deepstate all along.

Either way what is about the happen does not benefit YOU or the American public. And it should as the American public is the boss of the president.

Maybe I missed an update, but what military action has he taken in response to this chemical attack? I agree the Twitter rant was a dumb reaction.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I have to wonder when it became necessary to show proof before attacking.

When did the American government have to start justifying itself to the public before a military operation?

Personally, I think Syria is a cesspool and a no-win situation.

But I'm not in charge.

I can only ask questions.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I have to wonder when it became necessary to show proof before attacking.

When your last two president started lying to start wars.

originally posted by: DBCowboy
When did the American government have to start justifying itself to the public before a military operation?

The American government answers to the public. You pay your taxes and keep it running, you vote the bastards in that decide these things. So the government "should" be working for YOU.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Bolton and Trump will eventually have their war.

Bolton is a war hawk for the war profiteers, his pattern is established and Trump will follow along. The neocons were dormant, they have blossomed into another incarnation of death and blood.

www.politico.com...
edit on 12-4-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

Either:

Maybe I missed an update, but what military action has he taken in response to this chemical attack? I agree the Twitter rant was a dumb reaction.

The one that is going to happen at any moment.

It is not a case of "if" now but "when" those missiles strike.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Either:

Yeah, right. Where's Russia's evidence? Where's Assad's evidence? Completely ignore the chemical weapon attack, the second one, and empower further usage of the same?

What you omit is there's always an overlap in interests between nations, vested groups and the like. The Republicans had/have overlap with Trump on tax cuts and Supreme Court nominees. Not on funding the wall and other issues.

Same with globalists. They want profits, Trump wants industry, the tax cuts and regulatory cuts is an overlap.

Regarding Syria, he can be playing along, rather than a puppet/moron. I honestly don't know which it is.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Reydelsol

True.

But my elders weren't given the option to "vote" on D-Day or the attack on Iwo Jima.

Do wee attack now based on "likes" on a Facebook page?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join