It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter diplomacy thread: Can it be an OFFICIAL US platform?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
it's so easy to root for war when you know that that war won't be fought on your land...
heck we don't even declare the war anymore, just start dropping the bombs, send in the armies, kill the people, the women, the children, the old men, even the pregnant mothers with their unborn children...
heck we can even come up with these neat stories, we have to go and kill these people, to save them from their murderous rulers....

maybe having one of these little non-wars get out of control and end up hitting our homelands wouldn't be such a bad thing, it's been a long time since the powers behind these proxy wars have had the bombs actually decimating their own cities, killing their own children. maybe it would give us enough empathy to understand just how wrong what we've doing is!!

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Why are "inspectors" being sent if there is "proof"?
I don't think anyone is denying the attack, just who carried it out.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

The link and text you provided said "reportedly" and "alleged".

Yet you're trying to act like we're idiots for waiting for an investigation. Who's to say it wasn't rebels or an outside actor?

Why would Assad use chemical weapons knowing there would be outrage when his bombs up to this point have been just as effective?

He very well may have, but the question above at least warrants waiting for evidence.

There was an attack, it killed 40 people, the VIDEOS of the events are NOT OF ACTORS, stop being stupid. There are multiple videos, of the events. IF you want to believe that they are actors, I dont know what to tell you. The GAS that killed the people had to have been chemical. It sure the hell was not laughing gas!!! DERP!

An outside actor could be foreign fighters/rebels or any party aside from the Syrian government.

But I won't call you stupid bud, not productive for debate.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

a reply to: TheJesuit

let's see if we have the follow through to punish those who use chemical weapons.

Who exactly used chemical weapons?

With as many comments as you have made, you seriously have no idea about Syria? I have a feeling you voted for trump.

Syria has been at war externally and internally for quite a while now. What does that have to do with this event?
Also what does who I voted for have to do with this event?
Inspectors have been sent, have they not? Do you have information that they do not have?

You asked "who exactly used chemical weapons" Assad used Chemical weapons against his own people. Just LAST WEEK!! How do you not know this? What do inspectors have to do with what already happened? I figured you voted for trump, based on your knowledge of what is going on.

An attack on Saturday reportedly killed at least 40 civilians and has drawn condemnation from around the world, including President Donald Trump. Immediately after reports and images from Saturday's attack emerged on social media, Russian and Syrian Assad supporters began countering allegations that the government's forces had carried out another chemical attack.

www.businessinsider.com...

This type of numbskull knee-jerk reaction is exactly how innocent people die.

No facts, just emotion.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   
The whole thing just makes no sense....

USA: I think its time to maybe pack up and leave Syria...sorry Rebels..you do you, we got sh1t to do back home

-gas attack supposedly by government-

USA: Well maybe we should stay

Once again, the only gain the government has in gassing civilians is killing a few people, but would galvanize even more rebels and keep the international community on the rebels side, along with getting bombed and all sorts. there is no real gain and only major loss...so yeah..I am skeptical about it being the syrian government doing this to begin with. I would like a full unhindered investigation before action. Can't be knee jerk here. Hate to say it, but I think Russia has a point.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Double the fun
edit on 12-4-2018 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

a reply to: TheJesuit

let's see if we have the follow through to punish those who use chemical weapons.

Who exactly used chemical weapons?

With as many comments as you have made, you seriously have no idea about Syria? I have a feeling you voted for trump.

Syria has been at war externally and internally for quite a while now. What does that have to do with this event?
Also what does who I voted for have to do with this event?
Inspectors have been sent, have they not? Do you have information that they do not have?

You asked "who exactly used chemical weapons" Assad used Chemical weapons against his own people. Just LAST WEEK!! How do you not know this? What do inspectors have to do with what already happened? I figured you voted for trump, based on your knowledge of what is going on.

An attack on Saturday reportedly killed at least 40 civilians and has drawn condemnation from around the world, including President Donald Trump. Immediately after reports and images from Saturday's attack emerged on social media, Russian and Syrian Assad supporters began countering allegations that the government's forces had carried out another chemical attack.

www.businessinsider.com...

This type of numbskull knee-jerk reaction is exactly how innocent people die.

No facts, just emotion.

Precisely. Giving the corporate oligarchs the reaction and outrage they are fishing for.

Not saying whatever happened wasn't a tragedy, but assuming the path we're on is going to be productive or beneficial is just as dangerous.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

The link and text you provided said "reportedly" and "alleged".

Yet you're trying to act like we're idiots for waiting for an investigation. Who's to say it wasn't rebels or an outside actor?

Why would Assad use chemical weapons knowing there would be outrage when his bombs up to this point have been just as effective?

He very well may have, but the question above at least warrants waiting for evidence.

There was an attack, it killed 40 people, the VIDEOS of the events are NOT OF ACTORS, stop being stupid. There are multiple videos, of the events. IF you want to believe that they are actors, I dont know what to tell you. The GAS that killed the people had to have been chemical. It sure the hell was not laughing gas!!! DERP!

I think people would like proof of exactly who did it, positive proof, that it wasn't rebels of some sort, or isis, or another player in the region

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

We should be gone. Out of there.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Trump's is very intelligent as measured by how he was able to navigate the waters to become president in the first place.

Perhaps someday, in a galaxy far far away, you will comprehend what the word "intelligent" means.

"Ragheads"? "let them all die"?

You've a long way to grow. good luck.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
Let the ragheads die.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Just to observe that "Twitter diplomacy" seems to have brought North Korea to the table.

Perhaps the main problem with diplomacy is everyone is so diplomatic. Perhaps to unblock a problem it is good to be undiplomatic sometimes.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join