It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia warns any U.S. missiles fired at Syria will be shot down

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: SatansPride
a reply to: Reydelsol

If they shot our missiles down which they won't, that is an act of war. If someone was beating their dog & I stepped in to stop them, then someone stepped in to help the dog beater, you best believe Imma whoop both they asses.

Bull#.

There is no evidence it was Assad. It was just as likely the rebels that used the gas.

Shooting missiles in the first place is a ACT OF GODDAMNED WAR.

If we shoot missiles at Syria, them and Russia have every right to DEFEND THEMSELVES.

Seeing as you like metaphors. How if I decided to shoot at you and your family yet instead of me getting arrested the police arrest you for defending yourself? That a better comparison. We are about to shoot at Syria first in a move of aggression, Russia have EVERY right to use what defense measures they deem necessary.

And shooting down missiles kills no one.....unlike shooting the missiles at human targets...

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Lol I was gon use an analogy like that but thought it was to harsh. I thought at first it was the rebels cause they had most to gain from us backing them, like they didn't want us to leave. Then I went over some numbers & a few hours later it's seemingly more like Assad did it cause he gets more international support if we the bad guys. So then he has most to gain along with other things I dont feel like typing for an hour. & We been shooting missles, hitting civilians, hell, half the world is doing that in Syria right now, if that was the case, we would already be at war, not just a proxy. If any other country wants to hit, hell I wouldn't be surprised if Russia says f u but not to the u.s. not to the u.s. isreal already struck & they will strike again, no point for other countries to butt in right now unless things escalate to a more serious matter, which they won't.

PS. I was just thinking of that metaphor, & aren't the Muslims doing that now because of 9/11 & our war on terrorism. Like most Muslims believe they fams are slaughtered for nothing then they get arrested & slaughtered for fighting back. Just a thought to your metaphor. Cause it's been working for the world so far, it's gotten us to the brink of actual war. War won't happen yet though. I'm not saying this won't cause another proxy, just not ww3.
edit on 12-4-2018 by SatansPride because: PS**

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Obviously he wasn't a real candidate even the numbers show this. He receives 500279 to Assads 10,319,723 and in fact wasn't even on the ballot in some areas.

So explain again how he was elected?

I vaguely remember reading that the constitution was changed in Syria sometime after 2011-12 that put a multi party system in place that was starting with the 2014 election. (debated by western sources).

It is stated that a person can only have one term as elected leader and that term is 7 years, Assad will naturally be out of power regardless by 2021 and even Trumps seems to recognize this if the reports are to be believed..

If 2021 does come and go and he does not step down then that is another matter. I do now however that when certain members of the US Government start claiming things it is more often than not the total opposite.. I have lost track if the defence department believes Assad used Gas or not?, depends on where the wind blows I guess?..

The other option is forcefully remove Assad for "input reason" and install a "moderate rebel" Government.

If it was about doing the right thing there are copious southern Saharan leaders in Africa that are candidates for removal to liberate the country and it's peoples but the powers at be are more than happy for them to remain.

I revert to my previous stance, this is a war by proxy to further an agenda nothing more, ISIS where never meant to be pushed out like what has happened, hence we are now seeing hail mary attempts to start a conflict. Like others have stated what is there to possibly gain from a Gas attack on civilians other than to outrage western opinion??...

This was from a Guardian report in 2015,

www.theguardian.com...

Ahtisaari held talks with envoys from the five permanent members of the UN security council in February 2012. He said that during those discussions, the Russian ambassador, Vitaly Churkin, laid out a three-point plan, which included a proposal for Assad to cede power at some point after peace talks had started between the regime and the opposition.

But he said that the US, Britain and France were so convinced that the Syrian dictator was about to fall, they ignored the proposal.

I guess that would have been to easy????....

RA

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   

If they shot our missiles down which they won't, that is an act of war. If someone was beating their dog & I stepped in to stop them, then someone stepped in to help the dog beater, you best believe Imma whoop both they asses.

How is shooting missiles down an act of war? Firing missiles in the first place is an act of war!

Shooting them down is an act of defense unless you live in upside down world.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Name a time in history someone has shot down missles of the u.s & hasn't gotten further retaliation. It is an act of war because we then have to fire more to prove our point, how long would we keep firing & how long would they keep defending because when we set out to strike our target, strike our target we must. That sounds like war.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: SatansPride

Erm, last time Trump authorized a strike on a Syrian airfield... Plenty of those missiles were shot down.
edit on 12-4-2018 by Wide-Eyes because: Missed word

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ReydelsolHistory,this sort of thing has occurred before as lomake ng as there have been people.Now,I will say it`s very possible that a third party or a false flag could be in play,Putins ex KGB so I expect he`s behind it hoping to make the US look weak and take complete control of Syria.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=23311120]Reydel
Double post

edit on 12-4-2018 by ridgerunner because:double post
edit on 12-4-2018 by ridgerunner because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Were they really?

2017 Sharyat Missile Strike

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ridgerunner

You certainly do run on the ridge. Do you think that Putin can handle a hot war right now? It's a heavy price if he is bluffing.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Is trump really This Stupid?
he Must be just the same as obama. controlled!

a chemical attack in UK then Syria.
both are to try to get the people on the side of attacking Syria.
but I see this as the big one! attacking CCCP...

I hope Russia Hits back at any launch site.
on land or sea, totally destroying them.

US is doing a world wide cuba!.
That Has to stop!
I hope Russia has a tsar nuclear bomb 2.
they can do a "doctor strangelove"
if That goes off Any ON earth its game over.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   

We hit our target, there was no reason to keep shooting. Russia has the capabilities to stop all Tommies, which is why I said than Trump said the next day they will be different this time, cause we will hit our target. Syria shot em down & we been arming people to fight assad so that proxy has been their for awhile. We ain't fighting Russia & they don't want to pick a fight with us. They wouldn't. They know it's suicide to start a fight they aren't involved with. They are trying to assert dominance in the region, not pick a suicide battle.
edit on 12-4-2018 by SatansPride because: Syria shot em down & we been at a proxy for awhile

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Not sure you understand what is happening regarding syria. Syria is a sovereign country with a government. The government might be a bunch of SOBs but that is still the legal government. Russia was invited to help the syrian government crush an insurrection (that we are funding). If we launch missles at the government of a sovereign country and they are shot down, that is not an act of war, that is self defense.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: buddha

You really want a nuclear war? Jeez!!!!!

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to: Wide-Eyes I doubt Putin will push back really hard,I think it`s more of a test to see how far he can go.Hopefully it won`t blow up into WW3

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Whoisjohngalt

If they are shot down by Syria it's fine cause we will still hit our target. I fully understand the implications of such actions. Now if Russia thinks they are tough, I'm telling ya, I can tell they are going to crack down on other countries, it is suicide, literally, war would happen in the week after such actions. I ain't afraid to fight 20 people at once if thats what it takes to prove my power, Russia would make us do that if they stepped over that line of defence or action.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Everyones gone mad. I swear even the average man in the street is acting totally different to a few years ago, people everywhere seem up for confrontation. We could do with a new thread on this really but I swear everyone I meet is acting totally different to a few quite recent years ago. Like under a spell or something

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

In another thread you wanted to nuke Saudi Arabia!

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

a reply to: ufoorbhunter

In another thread you wanted to nuke Saudi Arabia!

Yeah so? I got Trumpi

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

Everyones gone mad. I swear even the average man in the street is acting totally different to a few years ago, people everywhere seem up for confrontation. We could do with a new thread on this really but I swear everyone I meet is acting totally different to a few quite recent years ago. Like under a spell or something

Some people are blinded by the red mist :

to see red mist- a condition certain people get into, usually caused by mental conditions but can be brought on by extreme stress/anger- when one is extremely angry there is stress put on facial muscles. the mark for one losing control of themselves and raging, destroying things/people in their vicinity, is when internal blood vessels in or near the eyes start leaking. the blood can sometimes spill into the inside of the eye, causing the person to see everything through a "red mist", hence the name. at this point, however, the person is so angry that they completely lose control and essentially go insane for a time. the condition naturally causes the person's eyes to turn red, which makes the experience for a bystander go from quite frightening to positively terrifying.

Linky wink : www.urbandictionary.com...

Kindest respects

Lags
edit on 12-4-2018 by Lagomorphe because: Gnarrffff... I need coffee!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join