It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Many Police Officers Look Forward To Shooting a Real Person?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: carewemust

Wow she came out of that vehicle with knives in both hands. If they wanted to kill her they had plenty of opertunities along the way. There hand was forced as she charged them with a knife. As unfortunate as thus is you can tell she was working her way up to killing a cop.

The local news did interviews with relatives and friends. They showed photos of her. Some kind of heavy drugs screwed this lady up recently. She crawled out of the on-fire car with a knife. You could tell that she wasn't well. Shooting her 3 times, only 15 feet away, was overkill. I'd use a Taser.

You would be dead

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

You've seen the law-enforcement profession from 3 vantage points. Child/Teen/Adult who's Father was a police officer. Did it make YOU want to follow in Dad's footsteps?

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Wow she came out of that vehicle with knives in both hands. If they wanted to kill her they had plenty of opertunities along the way. There hand was forced as she charged them with a knife. As unfortunate as thus is you can tell she was working her way up to killing a cop.

The local news did interviews with relatives and friends. They showed photos of her. Some kind of heavy drugs screwed this lady up recently. She crawled out of the on-fire car with a knife. You could tell that she wasn't well. Shooting her 3 times, only 15 feet away, was overkill. I'd use a Taser.

You would be dead

Tasers are not effective against people high on drugs?

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

You obviously had a very cool-head and a well disciplined set of colleagues. Good training and leadership it sounds like. Thanks for sharing your feelings about the LEO career you retired from, NimNasium.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger
YOU must work and associate with really smart people who never need to ask questions. Congratulations!

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Some kind of heavy drugs screwed this lady up recently. She crawled out of the on-fire car with a knife. You could tell that she wasn't well. Shooting her 3 times, only 15 feet away, was overkill. I'd use a Taser.

Listen to what you just implied: You would rely on a taser, well known for not being effective all of the time and especially on drugged-up people, on a lady with knives in her hand who was probably on drugs and a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

No, if you were properly trained in this stuff, I don't think that a taser would have been your choice in this particular instance, and if it were, you'd be lucky if you had back up with a firearm.

While firearms are far from a guarantee in stopping as assailant, tasers are a non-guarantee to the exponential level.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Just because that’s what you would do doesn’t make it the right choice for the situation presented. The 21 foot rule says that a subject with a knife 21 feet or closer can descend on a officer before that officer has the ability to draw a weapon to defend themselves whether that weapon is baton, taser, chemical agent, or firearm.

Plakis V Drinski the Supreme Court of the United States came to a decision that officers who are presented in a potentially lethal situation do not have to first use less lethal options before going lethal. If the suspect is already at a lethal state then the officer/s are not required to use less lethal force.
edit on 13-4-2018 by caf1550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: caf1550

Just because that’s what you would do doesn’t make it the right choice for the situation presented. The 21 foot rule says that a subject with a knife 21 feet or closer can descend on a officer before that officer has the ability to draw a weapon to defend themselves whether that weapon is baton, taser, chemical agent, or firearm.

Plakis V Drinski the Supreme Court of the United States came to a decision that officers who are presented in a potentially lethal situation do not have to first use less lethal options before going lethal. If the suspect is already at a lethal state then the officer/s are not required to use less lethal force.

Ooh Christ!! seriously?? there are waay too many instances where Cops, did Not! shoot and kill ppl holding guns, including this guy..Man at the neo-Nazi protest in Charlottesville, Virginia on August 12, 2017, shooting near a crowd of counter protesters and then continuing to march (GIF from video)
gizmodo.com...

Dude finally got arrested and not even on the same day. sometimes sht like this seemed race based, but among the sickest most stomach churning eg, I've found, was this white dude, pleading, begging for dear life, crawling on all fours and still got murdered.
An ex-cop from Arizona was acquitted for shooting an unarmed, sobbing man
www.vox.com...

I'm often at odds with Carewemust but in this he's on point, a lot of these guys are out looking to make that notch..hell combat vets can tell you the rules of engagement in a freakin war zone like Afghanistan is tighter than LEO on America's street.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

a reply to: mysterioustranger
YOU must work and associate with really smart people who never need to ask questions. Congratulations!

No...tho I do work in Emerg. Services and in the Police and Fire facility.. I've never met anyone of them eager the kill. Sorry...

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 03:18 AM
link   

a reply to: Azureblue

Thank-you for sharing that life experience. Were you extra careful not to hurt this guy's feelings, when working alongside him?

I did upset him one day when I accidentally referred to someone else as a "bloke like you." He got a bit narky with me then and made a veiled threat and he suggested I should be careful with him. I used to talk about cops and speeding to him as a way of building a positive relationship with.

He was no fool and new how to handle cops etc.

I noticed not too many others had much to do with him and I was glad for my own sake when I finished up with the company.

But yes. this bloke was certainly "different."

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: caf1550

Ooh Christ!! seriously?? there are waay too many instances where Cops, did Not! shoot and kill ppl holding guns, including this guy..Man at the neo-Nazi protest in Charlottesville, Virginia on August 12, 2017, shooting near a crowd of counter protesters and then continuing to march (GIF from video)
gizmodo.com...

Dude finally got arrested and not even on the same day. sometimes sht like this seemed race based, but among the sickest most stomach churning eg, I've found, was this white dude, pleading, begging for dear life, crawling on all fours and still got murdered.
An ex-cop from Arizona was acquitted for shooting an unarmed, sobbing man
www.vox.com...

I'm often at odds with Carewemust but in this he's on point, a lot of these guys are out looking to make that notch..hell combat vets can tell you the rules of engagement in a freakin war zone like Afghanistan is tighter than LEO on America's street.

You know by now the only way that argument holds up is in the extreme circumstances, the media is trying to sell us every encounter is extreme... It's not that members fault he buys the Bull#.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join