It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Many Police Officers Look Forward To Shooting a Real Person?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Nobody I worked with ever wanted to shoot anybody and We led the league in Murders Per Capita one year. Sadly two of the guys I worked with got Killed-In-Action.

The most likely (S) is the guy who got beat up in High School and now has a score to settle. These ones cause the troubles for the rest.. Crappy part? If these folks don't get drummed out, they leave their Beats to study for promotional exams and You get stuck taking paper in their Beat. They also drum up business by 'stirring the pot' on calls. The Sheriff's Dept. was good for this, they'd stir the pot and then call Us to settle the crap..

Still the Greatest Show on Mother Earth!!

Stay Hydrated...

I retired w/not a single citizen complaint but I'm very patient and don't take stuff personally...

Now I don't even have a gun for crying out loud. When I was retired it was $400 or keep the gun. I went w/something I might actually use. I'm confident My 'Gerbil Voodoo' still holds true..

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
April 12, 2018

I realize that police practice at shooting ranges, to hone their skills. But after watching the body-cam video of what happened to this lady up the road from me, I sense that the police were excited to shoot a real person, for a change.

On Friday, Elgin police released more than 30 unedited hours of footage showing the March 12 standoff that ended with the death of a 34-year-old black woman with mental health problems.

The bodycam and dashcam footage shows police officers trying to coerce Clements out of her truck on the shoulder of an Illinois interstate. Police officers can be heard discussing tactics as to how they planned to handle her once she exited the vehicle.

Then, seconds after Clements steps out of her car, three shots ring out, killing her at the scene.
Full Article w/Body-Cam Footage (shooting at the end of video): www.theroot.com...

As expected there were protests over this incident. One of the officers is still suspended while an investigation occurs.

I wonder what percentage of law-enforcement officers look forward to one day using their gun on a live target? Maybe that varies by geographic location too. Elgin, Illinois has some pretty "radical" cops on the force. They trumped up a fake charge on me one time.

-CareWeMust

Ridiculous assumption or point.
Emt/Responder/Licensed Carrier.

Even your question is ludicrous based on the 99% of officers spending entire career never drawing on let alone shooting someone.

C'mon. Really? Because of a 1% of "rouge" officers?
Peace.... MS

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I will give most LEOs the benefit of the doubt here. I don't think many of them want to actually shoot and kill another human being. While some of them might, and some of them consider going to work as "going to war" I think that is the exception rather than the rule.

The issue is that it seems the system prefers that the officers shoot first and fill out paperwork later...in fact I believe the system encourages this rather than discourages it. Could it be that we're a gun crazed nation and cops believe that everyone has a gun...???

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I'd agree, that some of them do. There's a really fine line between who becomes a cop and who pursues a life of crime. That's not true across the board, of course, nothing is. My experience is that the kid who was the star athlete in High School but couldn't write his name tends to either become the local drug dealer, or if he's a bit smarter, the local cop.

My experience with Cops has been that while a few actually enjoy killing people with their firearms, a much higher percentage really enjoy a good beat-down; cameras are intruding upon that guilty pleasure.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Donno if it has been posted already, but this is also cause for concern.
US sheriff once said it was 'financially better' to kill than badly injure suspects
www.theguardian.com...

Something is waay off in police culture.

I wouldn't just say it's police culture, it's the culture in other areas as well. Thankfully I don't have a link to the video, but I remember a few years back seeing a video of a 2-3 year old girl in China being hit by a van. The van then backed up, ran her over again, then went on it's way. Many people walked by, nobody did anything. It was very sad.

A year after seeing that video, I was working with a guy who lived in China for many years. I described the video to him and asked him why would nobody help that girl. He said it's because the cultures are different and over there, it's much cheaper to pay for a funeral than it is to pay for hospital fees.

Worst part is, I can't think of anywhere that this isn't true.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I have a cop friend that killed a guy. He said it was the guys fault and we left it at that. I imagine the guy didnt follow orders and got killed for scaring an armed, armoured brick house in an uniform.

My friend didnt talk about it, but I know it really bothered him. I dont think he wanted to kill the guy, though I also know him well enough that I know he wanted to pop his cherry and kill his first human before retiring.

Maybe I am wrong. I think my friend wanted to kill a declared and truly dangerous criminal, not a crazy dumb person. I think they all do. Cops dream of being heros and some of them are retarded about it.

edit on 4 12 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   
We have kevlar and other knife bullet proof light materials. Take guns from cops, enact murder laws for them more and punch them when they break the law. The problem is psychology.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

April 12, 2018

I realize that police practice at shooting ranges, to hone their skills. But after watching the body-cam video of what happened to this lady up the road from me, I sense that the police were excited to shoot a real person, for a change.

Hold on--from the embedded video below, you "sense" that these police officers were excited to shoot her?

Did you even watch the video? Any of it?

If you are using THAT video and incident to form your opinion that officers in general "look forward to one day using their gun on a live target," I must assume that you have intentionally thrown all logic aside in lieu of viewing the world through emotions.

These officers in this video showed an overabundance of patience and efforts to get her to come out of her locked vehicle that was damaged beyond drivability, and it wasn't until she decided to light the interior of her car on fire on the shoulder of an interstate (that they shut down because of her actions) and then emerged from the smoke-filled vehicle with knife in hand and turned toward police officers that she was shot.

While it sucks that things went down the way that they did, they did not leave the officers any other choice--she was obviously hell-bent on injury to herself, even at one point apparently holding the knife to her own throat while sitting in the ignited vehicle. Don't peddle the nonsense that these officers acted with deadly force because of some deranged desire to kill a human being.
edit on 12-4-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech
Absolutely not. It's a last resort.

you post this with such conviction..... are you sure this is truly the case?? I mean, you're 100% sure about this?

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

April 12, 2018

Hold on--from the embedded video below, you "sense" that these police officers were excited to shoot her?

Did you even watch the video? Any of it?

If you are using THAT video and incident to form your opinion that officers in general "look forward to one day using their gun on a live target," I must assume that you have intentionally thrown all logic aside in lieu of viewing the world through emotions.

These officers in this video showed an overabundance of patience and efforts to get her to come out of her locked vehicle that was damaged beyond drivability, and it wasn't until she decided to light the interior of her car on fire on the shoulder of an interstate (that they shut down because of her actions) and then emerged from the smoke-filled vehicle with knife in hand and turned toward police officers that she was shot.

While it sucks that things went down the way that they did, they did not leave the officers any other choice--she was obviously hell-bent on injury to herself, even at one point apparently holding the knife to her own throat while sitting in the ignited vehicle. Don't peddle the nonsense that these officers acted with deadly force because of some deranged desire to kill a human being.

man what a horrible video to use for proof cops want to shoot people. too many responders at that seen for a cop to just murder someone in cold blood, too many witnesses. the cops that want to shoot people for the hell of it are the cops like on this video HERE: www.youtube.com... not sure how to put it up for you guys to watch, but this clearly shows a cop who more than likely really wanted to X someone out at some point, and thought he had a prime chance there. and as far as I'm concerned with the video I posted.... it says he fired one round, but its clear if you look there are two separate muzzle flashes in rapid succession. only one of the bullets struck the man.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: gunshooter

No one claims it doesn't happen, but yes, that video and case in the OP is NOT what he claims it is.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: gunshooter

originally posted by: Kromlech
Absolutely not. It's a last resort.

you post this with such conviction..... are you sure this is truly the case?? I mean, you're 100% sure about this?

No, I'm simply not generalizing our entire law enforcement as "trigger-happy monsters who can't wait to shoot people."

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I don't think most do, but some..for sure, for instance Philip Mitchell Brailsford, the cop who killed the drunk guy in the hotel.
No one will convince me this guy wasn't aching for a chance.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I'm fairly certain some of them do. They are only people and people are flawed.

How True. Not sure if it's a flaw, or just one of the many God-given variables programmed into man.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

Thank-you for sharing that life experience. Were you extra careful not to hurt this guy's feelings, when working alongside him?

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   
when you're a hammer everything is anail

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: gunshooter

No one claims it doesn't happen, but yes, that video and case in the OP is NOT what he claims it is.

just wanted to post a more appropriate video for the occasion so to speak....

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Wow she came out of that vehicle with knives in both hands. If they wanted to kill her they had plenty of opertunities along the way. There hand was forced as she charged them with a knife. As unfortunate as thus is you can tell she was working her way up to killing a cop.

The local news did interviews with relatives and friends. They showed photos of her. Some kind of heavy drugs screwed this lady up recently. She crawled out of the on-fire car with a knife. You could tell that she wasn't well. Shooting her 3 times, only 15 feet away, was overkill. I'd use a Taser.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Donno if it has been posted already, but this is also cause for concern.
US sheriff once said it was 'financially better' to kill than badly injure suspects
www.theguardian.com...

I think he's referring to the cost to society in medical care. In Illinois, the Medicaid system is being drained by the (ave) 1,600 poor people getting shot in Chicago and living with life-long injuries. Imagine the accumulative costs associated with caring for 1,600 new shooting victims every year. Wheelchairs, therapy, infections, multiple surgeries, Social Security disability pay, etc..

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Thank-you for that very thorough reply, based on real-life experience, FCD. I usually don't read every word in long posts, but yours was on-point. Thanks again!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join