It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet the Assad Family - The Slaughterer of Christians.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Russian propaganda has taken over the internet, "Assad is a great protector of Christians" - I've heard it for a long time, nearly every time you heard his name.

Did you know that the Assad family killed over 130,000 Christians in Lebanon alone?

Many Christians are still in his jails, decades later.

Now, you're free to practice Christianity as long as you support Assad or he'll literally turn you over to the jihadists.

I mean how gullible do you have to be to believe a 2nd generation Muslim tyrant cares about the welfare of Christians and actually wants to expand their population?

edit on 11/4/18 by xstealth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth
Russian propaganda has taken over the internet, "Assad is a great protector of Christians" - I've heard it for a long time, nearly every time you heard his name.

Did you know that the Assad family killed over 130,000 Christians in Lebanon alone?

Many Christians are still in his jails, decades later.

Now, you're free to practice Christianity as long as you support Assad or he'll literally turn you over to the jihadists.

I mean how gullible do you have to be to believe a 2nd generation Muslim tyrant cares about the welfare of Christians and actually wants to expand their population?

I guess you'd prefer an ISIS or Al Qaeda jail.

You're the one infected with lies. Christians in Syria consider Assad their protector.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Christians in Syria consider Assad their protector.

Yeah because if they say one word critical of him he turns them over to the neighboring jihadists.

See how you twist the truth?

That will not go unopposed in my thread.

Don't be fooled: Assad is no friend of Syria's Christian minorities

As Syrian Christians who grew up in Syria, we would beg to differ. Hundreds of innocent Christians seeking freedom have been tortured to death in Assad’s jails or shot to death by his brutal thugs – including the activist Bassel Shehadeh, who was killed at a protest, then killed in spirit because Assad forces prevented his friends from going to church to pray for his soul. Human rights lawyer Khalil Maatouk has been detained in Assad’s jails in Damascus for over four years for the “crime” of defending detainees in Assad’s jails.

These anecdotes are not new and are not isolated incidents. Christians never had true freedom of religion under the Assad regime.

thehill.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Assad's must be terrible at their "Slaughterer of Christians" task:

Christians in Syria make up approximately 10% of the population.[1][2][3][4][5][6]
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

You got any sources that's not a blog? Your blog doesn't cite any sources.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Using the Muslim World of the Middle East as a scale, Syria hasn't been bad for Christians. The land has always been mixed to some extant. I have friends and acquaintences from there on both sides.

What Syria did with helping birth Hezbollah in Lebanon and their actions in Lebanaon's Civil War are major Strikes against the Assad regime.

There could be worse people running Syria....let that sink in.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
He’s doing a pretty bad job at it.

What with his secular state that recognises the religious freedom of Christians, their overall acceptance within government administered civil society and that the Christians of Syria overwhelmingly support his government.

He should probably get some tips from America’s good friends Al-Qaeda also known as the “moderate opposition” on how to properly butcher the Christians.

edit on -050009pm4kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Using the Muslim World of the Middle East as a scale, Syria hasn't been bad for Christians. The land has always been mixed to some extant. I have friends and acquaintences from there on both sides.

What Syria did with helping birth Hezbollah in Lebanon and their actions in Lebanaon's Civil War are major Strikes against the Assad regime.

There could be worse people running Syria....let that sink in.

Or it could be like the neighboring counties like Lebanon which is 40% Christian, Kuwait, Egypt, Jordan, Israel, Bahrain, UAE...

None of those governments seek out to persecute Christians either yet Assad gets all the credit for doing absolutely nothing special.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I appreciate your point of view very much against the hate of 'murica' thing being paraded around, but I am with Will on this about the Syrian Christians previously at least. I knew an Engineer who was Christian from Syria and he loved Assad as leader. It is the same extremist that go about beheading people who want him dead for being moderate. And they want him dead for tolerating Non Muslims aka Jews, Christians and Yazidi's. Prior to the last 10 years you could live peacefully in Syria., If you could tolerate a moderate Muslim leader as he was seen before all this mess, you could live peacefully .That is what I perceive, true or not.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   

WE DONT CARE. He doesnt get my vote. Oh wait.

Guess we should be happy that no one can do that to us because things are so friggin great over here.

Stop making a case for Syrian intervention. Go get Assad yourself if you feel some sort of way about it.

Go join the countless foreign roaming killers getting paid by the worlds elite to screw up the middle east.

edit on 4 11 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I've read from seemingly real sources that Syria was one of the best muslim states for Christians before this happened. Russia is their ally, do you think Asad would be an ally of Russia if their government killed Christians? Russia has a high percentage of Christians, they would not support Asad if he was killing them.

Now there are some pretty militarized Christians near Israel that are working with Israel to try to gain land for Israel. They are not peaceful Christians. Christians in other parts are living peacefully, but remember, like most countries, if they go against the government the government will go after them and lock them up, just like they do with anyone trying to promote civil unrest.

I am not pro Syria, but I know a little of what was going on over there years ago. We should have left Syria alone, it is not our business to be there. Assad wasn't going to take crap from us, but at the same time he was no threat to America. If Israel would not have wanted that area, maybe things would never have escalated. The people I have communicated with from Israel are good people, but there are some power hungry people running it just as there are power hungry people running most countries.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

I appreciate your point of view very much against the hate of 'murica' thing being paraded around, but I am with Will on this about the Syrian Christians previously at least. I knew an Engineer who was Christian from Syria and he loved Assad as leader. It is the same extremist that go about beheading people who want him dead for being moderate. And they want him dead for tolerating Non Muslims aka Jews, Christians and Yazidi's. Prior to the last 10 years you could live peacefully in Syria., If you could tolerate a moderate Muslim leader as he was seen before all this mess, you could live peacefully .That is what I perceive, true or not.

You could live in peace in most of the surrounding countries also.

The difference is Russia and Syria have MARKETED Assad as the protector of Christians to increase his popularity in the west.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   
For a lot of years i worked with refugees. From what I heard from people from the area, they do not hold the same views of Assad as the rest of the world seems to be sold on.

They are doing the same thing with Assad that they did with muammar gaddafi

The ridiculous part is that NOW most people will admit that Gaddafi was just a patsy and was better off being in power and a lot of the accusations were lies.

Yet they cant see the EXACT same thing is being done with Assad? This isnt rocket science

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

This is exactly right. And to add to this Russia is on an all new Crusade so to speak to revive their Christian roots and heritage. And even their place in the world as a bastion of Christianity, like they use to be.

Theres no way they would put up with Assad killing christians in droves

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Sure Assad is no saint. But everything is relative in life. No Assad, the jihadis take over the Christians will be exterminated. Along with the Shia's, the few Jews left, and all other religions. Is that what you want?

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Sure Assad is no saint. But everything is relative in life. No Assad, the jihadis take over the Christians will be exterminated. Along with the Shia's, the few Jews left, and all other religions. Is that what you want?

All I want is to see some people see that Russia has been marketing their propaganda to change the opinion of westerners to support their causes.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   

All I want is to see some people see that Russia has been marketing their propaganda to change the opinion of westerners to support their causes.

What happens when that so called "propaganda" actually matches the opinions of the people from the region CONSISTENTLY, and flies in the face of what OUR MSM is telling us?

Which one is the propaganda then?

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
you know what this is a Saudi thing to keep the Russian pipeline out of Syria

this thread is propaganda, maybe not intentionally but your lack of understand the depth of what is happening here means you are spreading propaganda unintentionally

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Or it could be like the neighboring counties like Lebanon which is 40% Christian, Kuwait, Egypt, Jordan, Israel, Bahrain, UAE...

None of those governments seek out to persecute Christians either yet Assad gets all the credit for doing absolutely nothing special.

A lot of Egyptian churches seem to be highly combustible. They catch fire or explode regularly in the season leading up to Christmas or Easter.

Most middle eastern states declare that a Christian cannot be a citizen of their country by definition. (Interesting how the U.N. never says anything about that....)

Lebanon was 50% Christian as recently as 1990. Jordans population has declined from 30% a century ago to... 4% today. That's ethnic cleansing, pure and simple

Is the OP a Sunni?

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 03:22 AM
link   

your avatar, mr Eastwood, is also against US intervention in syria,
twitter.com...

oops, guess you'll need a new avatar...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join