It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Boehner was a longtime opponent of marijuana reform. Here’s what changed his mind.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Good for you. Read what I wrote about getting a license above and apply and pick up a few bucks quick. If you have a felony you won't qualify but you could get a friend or family member to do it. In Oregon, it costs between $7 and $15 a gram tax incl. If you have a medical marijuana card you get a special discount.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Why do we let tyranny get away with criminality. Its ok..ruin lives for decades, let them die for a non crime. But no change your mind everyone cheers.
Jebus

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Let me see if I get this straight. Boehner was an elected member of the Ohio House of Representatives from 1985-1990 and then an elected member of the US House of Representatives from 1991-2015. But during those 30 years where he actually had the power to work on legislation that would roll back State and/or federal maryjane regulations, he opposed it. but now I'm supposed to believe that he genuinely wants reform? HA! This smells more like a trojan horse than anything.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I dont see what changed his mind. So I'll imprvise:

He was unalterably against it because he was a partisan hack, but now that he's out of politics turns out he didn't actually care all that much.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I guess a conservative republican can learn......if the money is right.

Bastard could have done some real good while he was in office.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I have though about this for a
great deal of time.

This is a great leverage point.

The Independents and Republicans
would be wise to Officially Legalize
this decades long matter,
and cut the Democrats off at the pass.

Because this is one of the "goodies" that
they will be offering as a last ditch promise
to their potential voters.

In the long run, this will be effective in
freeing up Law Enforcement and the Judicial
System to focus on the really ,really deadly
poisons on American Streets today.

The additional tax benefits to The States
will be well received no doubt as well.

S&F
Good Work

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   
The Republican's vote would be "in the Bag" if they legalized and removed MJ type charges from records.

I would probably come out of the woodwork to help them.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   
How does Boehner even look in the mirror; I mean when he's not crying. Oh, that's right; he's holding a stack of money now. I bet the green stuff will finally make him smile. What a putz.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Minds will change quickly when presents with profits. Seen it happen with GOP supporters who are now growers.

The sentiment was when it passed in Oregon legally(the most friendly measure proposed), it will pass throughout the US. Since, it finally did, might just be looking forward to a more uniform legalization pattern throughout(minus maybe Idaho of course).
edit on 12-4-2018 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Minds will change quickly when presents with profits. Seen it happen with GOP supporters who are now growers.

That's assuming that they weren't previously users, growers, and/or purchasers on the black market. A lot of people publicly claim they're against something while actually supporting it in secret.

If you ever get the time, look at the political maps for Tennessee and Kentucky. Both states are overwhelmingly GOP supporters, especially at the county level. But in 2006, those 2 States were the 2nd and 3rd largest growers of maryjane in the country, only after California (HERE). West Virginia and Alabama were also in the top 10. You don't really think all of that farmland is being used for cattle and soybeans, do you?

(note: I only used the 2006 data since I'm having a hard time finding more recent stats that don't focus on legal growers.)

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

It is a guarantee that most of the weed grown in the US prior to legalization was likely coming out of Kansas.

I say this somewhat tongue in cheek as I have no real data, but like other aspects of society that are well hidden, this was something I was exposed to when I was younger, and realized then how absolutely pervasive it was.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

It is a guarantee that most of the weed grown in the US prior to legalization was likely coming out of Kansas.

I say this somewhat tongue in cheek as I have no real data, but like other aspects of society that are well hidden, this was something I was exposed to when I was younger, and realized then how absolutely pervasive it was.
Nah there was bunch coming from Ohio Georgia and other states too. Most home grown weed started to show up in the fall. Christmas time the Mexican stuff started showing up. Spring time hydroponic weed showed up. At least in Michigan this is how it was. It was all seasonal. 75% of weed was Mexican. It came in dense bricks. The homegrown stuff was usually dark green or brown. Hydroponic weed was close to medical grade. Around here it grew best in the winter because it was easier to control the climate in doors.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

It's just something I was exposed to. Substitute Kansas for Oklahoma, Michigan, Alaska, California, or Oregon.. etc.

Most of the weed smoked in the US has been grown in the US.

Cartel weed was common in cities because that's where the money is for those types of transactions.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

I don't know anythinga bout Kansas.

I DO know that the 2 main supplies that I was aware of were Mexico and Canada. Canada was cured indoors and appeared to be a better quality (i think its called "beaster" or "popcorn" now). Mexico just pulled the plant and dried/cured outdoors, and was much lower quality. But its what everyone had in the day.

Prior to LED lights, it was difficult to grow indoors without having your electric provider tip off the cops to the unusual consumption.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

An internet guarantee, huh? It's not good to make guarantees while admitting to having no data to back them up.

I'll just assume you meant to say that farmers in Kansas are also major illegal producers. Because according to the data I can find about illegal growth, California, Tennessee, Kentucky, Hawaii, and Washington together produced about 80% of the domestically grown illegal maryjane. That means that no matter how much was grown in Kansas, at least 10 other states were growing even more than that since Kansas isn't even in the top 10.

Either way, this just reinforces my claim that GOP supporters aren't suddenly turning into MJ supporters & growers once they see the legal profits. Those "new" converts were likely always MJ supporters and growers, but only pretended to dislike it because it was still illegal (and keeping it taboo only kept its prices higher).
edit on 12-4-2018 by enlightenedservant because: typo

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I don't know anythinga bout Kansas.

I DO know that the 2 main supplies that I was aware of were Mexico and Canada.

Maybe that's referring to imported MJ. Because if you check this link (HERE), it has 3 separate tables. One for outdoor producing states, one for indoor producing states, and one for overall production. The outdoor production numbers for MJ are drastically higher than the indoor production, meaning that's it's only a stereotype that most domestically grown MJ is done indoors.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=23309612]network dude[/post

This certainly is a change to the change. key GOP figures actually doing the research and finding the facts about this schedule 1 drug.

If by "research" and "facts" you mean how much money is to be made, then yeah... I guess so.

I am an advocate for legalization and medical marijuana. I also think that any motivation by these politicians to legalize it is about profit motive. That's it. If it works though, fine I guess, but don't mischaracterize his motivation as something noble. It's not.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Either way, this just reinforces my claim that GOP supporters aren't suddenly turning into MJ supporters & growers once they see the legal profits. Those "new" converts were likely always MJ supporters and growers, but only pretended to dislike it because it was still illegal (and keeping it taboo only kept its prices higher)

This is exactly true.

I used Kansas in a sot of tongue-in-cheek sort of way. Hard to get that context across.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join