It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Let's go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for this all to blow over."

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: rickymouse
I have a Winchester 30-30. I don't mix guns and drinking.

I have a 44-40

I have less risk of a sore shoulder.

Stop similar numbers of zombies though?
...you know, in these times of doom.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Oh and forgot to say... if there isn't Guinness on tap, Ill pass at staying at the pub.

I don't mind others but Guinness is my kryptonite, I like me a meal in a glass.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

The Winchester serves your black n cream soup, don't panic.
3 and a half quid a pint though.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Well, if the world is ending then I would prefer to be here. I suppose.
Of course, I can't get there in time so just know that the rifle is loaded and ready.
Oh and rounds are on me, after all the world is ending. Biggest pissing match in the world right now and we'll see how that goes.
I likely was only really concerned for a minute, today, not sure why.
I'm ready either way it blows out.

P.S. Hope you are well

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Good, because you're up next on pool and you've been nursing that pint all night, go get a couple of shots you lightweight.
It's the end of the world (not) FFS!!!!

EDIT
Getting there thank you

edit on 11-4-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: gunshooter
you get a star just for the thread title OP. great reference to "Shaun of the Dead". I will be joining you for that pint, and a package of peanuts as well.

I'm sorry guys.

No.

I'm sorry ...

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Well it made Auntie Beeb this morning.
That bastion of truth

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: Cymru
Lol Yes

...so do you reckon Putin is up for it, or he and Trump are secretly mates same as most at the top, or we're all GONNA DIE!!!

Either way, it calls for ice cold Jagermeister!!

After 3 or 6 you won't remember why you died.

YAY!

Here's looking at ya!

edit on 4 12 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 05:33 AM
link   

I find recent developments to be utterly unacceptable. If the years of my life so far have taught me anything, it is that repeating the same actions over and over again, expecting different results, is utterly insane. Some say that Einstein said it, its likely that he did not, but the fact remains that whomever spoke those words, or first wrote them down, was most assuredly on to something.

I personally find it hard to care about the potential for World War Three, because the chances are that unlike the first two world wars, it will not be a war which is years long, or in which invasion is a concern. The chances are that if it occurs at all, it will wipe out a nation as small as mine in hours, not days, or weeks, or months, leave alone years. Its a threat so horrific and enormous that nothing I can do at my end could combat it, so fear of it is pointless, since the only useful thing about fear is that instinct to react in defence, or escape a threat. One can neither run from nuclear war, nor defend against it, nor survive it in good order, either nationally or individually.

What I do care about is the stain on my nations reputation, that yet another example of an escalating proxy war we paid the players to take part in, seems to be on our horizon. I refuse, point blank to accept that this is a fair, just, or noble use of my nations resources, especially when we are about to embark as a nation on one of the most important and enormous changes to our way of life in a generation, by way of Brexit. I do not believe the things our government have said about the chemical weapons use in Syria, or that they care much about the use of those weapons, especially since my nations government cleared the sale of chemical weapons to Syria, which British and British based companies were all too happy to go ahead and take advantage of.

Both the Assad regime and the terrorists who have been penetrating the nations rebel groups for years, are supported by our government materially, and the terrorists that we have been told we should fear for decades, have only been a threat because they have been funded, supported and trained by operatives of America, Britain, elements from within Mossad and other intelligence groups. With these things in mind, accepting the word of our government, whose members have been complicit in the near industrial termination of innocent lives in the Middle East for a very long time, is not just an exceptionally ignorant thing to do, but damned near criminal in and of itself. My nations people deserve better than to be represented by amoral, murderous thugs who are more interested in making money for the already wealthy, and spending the money of regular hard working folk in order to do it I might add, than they are in ensuring that their citizens are not misrepresented by their actions.

Not a one of us, not a single Briton, no matter how against the war, or the current government they may be, can legitimately wash their hands of this, or suggest that the actions of our government are "not in our name". They most certainly are being made in our name, and those actions will stain us all, and damned well SHOULD, if we are prepared to permit these actions to continue. I am sick of the apathy that has fallen like a dread fog over this country, the hopelessness that even the most geopolitically aware amongst us feel, and the ignorance with which most of the rest of the country, the willful ignorance with which the rest of the country treats these matters. Between those who refuse to accept the fact that our government has been, is now, and intends to continue to be complicit in what I would describe as decades of war crimes, and those who see the writing on the wall and simply haven't the stomach to act to stop that writing from becoming prophecy fulfilled, it seems that there are too few prepared to actually make a difference, to make any difference at all.

This is wrong, I want it to stop, these for profit proxy wars must cease, for all time.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Cymru
It must be true then!
It's your round for now though, can grab me a bag of smokey bacon crisps as well please

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Either way, it calls for ice cold Jagermeister!!

After 3 or 6 you won't remember why you died.

Excellent choice sir

Couple of cheeky jager bombs in red bull as well?

a reply to: TrueBrit
Well written post and I share your sentiments, but really, what can any of us mere citizens do about it now? I petitioned my MP before the last vote to bomb Syria, thousands of us did, all ignored.
Now, never mind all that, what'll it be? You strike me as an ale man, or possibly a fine brandy?
You're up next on pool as well

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Aye, it will be an ale.

Flip a coin for the break?

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I'm sorry guys.

No.

I'm sorry ...

Haha missed this

...drop any more like that and you'll be getting yourself kicked out of the pub, yuck!!

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

House ale it is then...and yep, tails never fails

Now you've got plenty of time to ponder WWIII while I seven ball you.
Pity Trump and Putin can't just decide things over a pint and a game of pool, my money would be on the Don, I reckon he's a right hustler.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Pint of yank IPA, quid in the jukebox

Laughing to myself as I notice Cornish has the only non banana shaped cue in the place.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Pint of yank IPA, quid in the jukebox

Good choices, I'll get the barman to turn it up

Laughing to myself as I notice Cornish has the only non banana shaped cue in the place.

Haha! We'll share my stick if you like, I'll still beat ya, get 50p on the table if you're up for it.

Oh, case of this just in behind the bar, selling fast...

EDIT
Haven't tried this yet either...

edit on 12-4-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   

4.7 is for Wimps.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Let me get to my optimum 3 pints for being good at pool and I will give you the break.
50p down

By the way, we need a band in the skittle alley for tomorrow.

ETA a bag of scratchings.

edit on 42pThu, 12 Apr 2018 07:04:42 -050020182018-04-12T07:04:42-05:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: Can't have a pint without scratchings

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Haha, same!
...for band tomorrow I'll ask John to see if these boys are still gigging, they may play just for beers and a couple of pies these days

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cymru

4.7 is for Wimps.

Haha behave, I'm taking it easy so I can still hold a coherent argument with old Stan in the corner when he's ranting about doom while reading his Daily Mail. I'll move onto the hard stuff when Britain fires it's first tomahawk missile, and saying that, see dodgy Frank when he gets in, he's running a book on who will fire first, UK, US, or France. I've put a fiver on UK, decent odds as well.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Decent choice for the band

As for 4.7 being weak.

When the balloon goes up, I will be hitting this beauty.

i.redd.it...

edit on 49pThu, 12 Apr 2018 07:22:49 -050020182018-04-12T07:22:49-05:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: pic

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join