It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Let's go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for this all to blow over."

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I don't think this US/Russia Trump/Putin thing is going to turn into war outside of the Middle East. Too much to lose on both sides. My gut instinct, and that's all I've got folks, is that it'll be the same old story of developed world weapons just killing brown people. That's always been the tragedy since WW11, arms sales, testing out shiny new weapons, and don't kill any of each others civilians, just brown ones who live in a sandy place.

There's been a boogyman wanting to kill me all my life, USSR cold war 1, the IRA, recently terrorists, and now Russia. To be honest I'm not scared anymore, haven't been for years, it is what it is, and out of my control.
I don't think for a minute this current 'escalation' is going to be any different, and will probably end as usual with another ME nation being ruined, that seems to be the norm, and western people being scared needlessly because only brown people will die.

Anyway, feel free to have a pint on me at the Winchester, have some WW111 discussion over a game of pool, and wait for this all to blow over.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Love the Blood and Ice Cream Trilogy........and dogs can look up!!

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I have a Winchester 30-30. I don't mix guns and drinking.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: SammyB0476
Haha yes!

a reply to: rickymouse
Ah just the one pint won't harm, calm the mind in these doom times

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Well that makes one of us
Yeehaw!

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Screw that noise.

If I had children of school age, they DEFINITELY would not be in school and I CERTAINLY wouldn't be at work!!

Hell, if my fellow Americans were at all WILLING to stand together against this mess, they would do the same across the entire country. Our so called leaders don't listen to us at all, but if EVERYONE stopped all at once from peddling the bike instead going about their business as if this situation is a reality show, they would sh# their pants.

The division created and fully digested by the citizenry has worked better than they could have ever imagined. There is practically NO CHANCE of anyone standing together anymore. But like I said above, I'd be damned if my kids would potentially fry in their school and I didn't get to see them, hold them, and comfort them before we met oblivion.

"How's that for a slice of fried gold?"
edit on E30America/ChicagoWed, 11 Apr 2018 13:41:07 -05004pmWednesdayth01pm by EternalShadow because: a correction

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Didn't have to deal with the IRA but otherwise I am right there with you.

I actually do prep a bit for things to go sideways but I don't go all in because if the bombs are dropping and I'm on an airplane I'm dead, if I'm at work on base I am dead, If I am on vacation I am most likely dead.

So I prep for the off chance I am not killed in the initial exchange, or for my family to use in the event of my death.

But I don't let the threat of the big war to ruin my life, its just another threat to be aware of.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I have a Winchester 30-30. I don't mix guns and drinking.

As a Brit I have to say I'm jealous. Lever action rifles are so beautiful.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

You'd seriously pull them out of school right now?
I wouldn't, and my 20 year old isn't far away from the coast of Syria right now on a cruise.
I see needless fear, but with the caveat of course that I know no more than you do.
My last words are always "Love ya lad" so I'll never have regrets.
...have a pint

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Wise words, and I'm the same, good enough prep but not unrealistic. Britain would go tits up as soon as the scheduled Tesco truck stops replenishing the stores. After that it's just a mess I'll have to deal with as I make it up.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

I was secretly jealous...but Shh, you ain't seen me, right.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: SammyB0476

You beat me to the Dogs looking up comment .

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Yeah l SERIOUSLY WOULD.

I'm not apathetic nor complacent, nor should anyone be considering we are being lead into hell by sycophantic, psychotic, mad men AND women who's egoes and money is more important than any lives they will destroy to be "right" about their take on world affairs.

I take this VERY seriously! Those who don't have every right to blow it off. As always, better safe than sorry. However personally, I don't trust anyone in a position of authority to do the right thing all the time.

Impossible and history proves it.

So do as you will, but family has taken all our kids out of school for the next week or so. Call it being proactive and giving a sh#.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

I was just pleased folk got the reference lol

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Wow, are you that scared?
I'm not. Got bored being scared from childhood.
We'll chuckle about this thread a year from now I bet.
...have a cheeky pint, just the one to chill out a bit

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
As the day goes on, and no “Special Reports” have yet to flash across the TV screen...

That “Special” bottle shall remain as inviolate as a cloistered nun.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Can't go to the Winchester , Dave banned me.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Haha good line

The scary "Special Report!!!"
...I actually sob and rock in my chair with crazed eyes

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Can't go to the Winchester , Dave banned me.

Hahaha!
...I heard you're good for the weekend so long as you behave

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Nooooo I"m humming Don't stop me now.

youtu.be...

A shame my local doesn't have a jukebox. Mobile and bluetooth speaker needed when the preverbial hits the fan I guess.

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join