It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reporting from just outside DC on the eve of WWIII

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
Darwin loves bitcoin

I'm confused by this Mr. Goldstein. Can you elaborate on that statement?

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
We are NOT going to war over Syria, of course Trump had to come out strong against the use of chemicals and it deserves a measured military response in all likely hood. And of course Putin had to respond as he did, but he isn't going to war over Syria either. Had to say that to show Assad they are still on his side. It's all rhetoric,in a war Assad doesn't survive, pretty sure they dont want the instability of a regime change either.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: nightbringr

That is the feeling I get. We could have something akin to the Cuban Missile Crisis here in the next few days, in terms of being very very close to all out war.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
Darwin loves bitcoin

With EMPs around the corner he prefers good old gold.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I think the leaders of those countries,any country,has to abide by the rules of "the club".I think TPTB will not allow their """"elected""""" puppets to start a war that would seriously impinge upon their way of life. Just my opinion,i could of course be wrong..I just cannot see,if say myself, was one of the masters of the gameboard called Earth,putting myself out of the game for decades whilst i hunker down underground like a sewer rat,for decades or more.I do not think it will come to nuclear exchange. As Simon Parkes always say,They.the """elite""" love Earth,the nature,the wildflife,as much as we do,why would they throw it all away? It makes No sense.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
When your interwebs goes down, time to start the prayin, believe me!!

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
relax nothing is going to happen

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
You guys should seriously chill out. The world wont end over Syria. Even it worse comes to worst and Russia ends up attacking US Navy ships (extremely unlikely), the confrontation will be frozen well before nuclear strikes.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
It's probably time for a war.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: mightmight

Yep that is what they said about hitler.

After he takes this that and the 3rd it will stop etc.

Most of you were not alive during the last major war. Not familiar with how they start and how chaotic they are.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: olddognewtricks

That is the feeling I get. We could have something akin to the Cuban Missile Crisis here in the next few days, in terms of being very very close to all out war.

No way ... No how does this get anywhere close to that. It isn't happening over something like this incident.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Dude I thought one of the rules to be a member of ats is to deny ignorance not spend all day on topics arguing with people who are ignorant.

Seriously read the news folks.

Stop blaming trump for everything wrong and read the news happening outside of cnn,msnbc, and cnbc..

Serious stuff is going down..

edit on 11-4-2018 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
a reply to: putnam6

Dude I thought one of the rules to be a member of ats is to deny ignorance not spend all day on topics arguing with people who are ignorant.

Seriously read the news folks.

Stop blaming trump for everything wrong and read the news happening outside of cnn,msnbc, and cnbc..

Serious stuff is going down..

I know, right... have you heard the latest about Stormy Daniels? How could anyone be interested in WWIII with that going on?

edit on 11/4/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

As guess they won't talk about Syria until they can blame trump for it

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: nightbringr

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: olddognewtricks

I was pretty convinced we were not going to make it out of the 1970s. If we survived the 1970s we will survive this!

At least in the 70s they had the common sense to fight through proxies.

The US and Russia are staring each other down directly now, both stationed in the same country with their own troops, and now threatening to strike one another. I hazard to say in some ways this is more dangerous than many points in the Cold War.

Well, it's not like they didn't, in fact last 7 years have been a proxy war between Syrian army and various jihadist groups (mercenaries + locals) and the Kurds.

But I agree with you, this has escalated quickly in 2018 and even if they'll try to just show muscles each other, the chance for a deadly mistake is much higher than in the Cold War. If this attack is a massive salvowith no followups things won't change much, but if the attack lasts longer than a few days we're screwed.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   
This is where we really need Han Solo
.....at least then we would know who is going to shoot first

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Trumps not going to risk a war over the deaths of 40 villagers that would be ludicrous.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Trump will shoot at whatever he wants in Syria and the Russians won't be able to stop it. Putin will be eating crow.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Trump will shoot at whatever he wants in Syria and the Russians won't be able to stop it. Putin will be eating crow.

2 world wars have proven that mindset to be dangerous.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

The S400 will easily stop any subsonic, non stealthy cruise missile in our inventory. And if a stealthy missile gets within detection range it'll stop them too. Don't underestimate Russian Air Defense Systems.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join