It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Donald Trump tells Russia to 'get ready' for Syria airstrikes

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I the US launches from ships in the med perhaps this time they'll get Israeli assurances they wont be attacked by the IDF again. Liberty anyone?

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: JoeHammon

But we all know that trump many times doesn’t think that far ahead

Up till now he’s been able to shoot off his mouth and get away w it

Now he’s trying to do a dck measuring contest w a former head KGB operative who isn’t scared to take him to the woodshed for it

Are we forgetting the Russian soldiers that got into a firefight w US soldiers about a month ago? Then was quickly buried,while they tried to tell us it was a “rogue squad”. Bs he was probing.....but it just disappeared from the news...

Trump is popping off again against a man he should be much more measured with And it’s US, UK, Israelis , and French armed forces that could bleed for it .......and that’s the short list

edit on 4/11/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: deviant300

I'm starting to think Twitter is Trump's new press secretary.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: JoeHammon

And it’s US, UK, Israelis , and French armed forces that could bleed for it .......and that’s the short list

Correct. Here is the real list.

NATO member countries

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: imitator

Yes, but have you being following him, on Twitter, about almost everything ??

This erratic calling out, ranting and bashing on Twitter is common Trump practice. This announcment to Russia on Twitter is very consistent with his overall Twitter behaviour, imho.
edit on 11-4-2018 by alexpmi because: Typo

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Omg I had to create an account just to respond to all the B.S. in this thread. Normally I just read stuff here but maybe I will jump into the fray. No introduction needed just fists a flyin.
The popcorn is stale, folks. Let's get that old cliche out of the way.
Next, you can tell there are two types of posters here.. pro-Putin and pro-Trump. That's all, and mostly know less than they spew out. Standard BS in a world deeply lacking in critical thinking.
Bunch of D--k waving teenagers is what it comes across looking like.

Ok on to something that makes real sense. Notice that things are shifting. Putin is backing down in his rhetoric, now only saying he will respond with force only if his troops are harmed. The messages are going both ways. Trump is giving Putin time to get his troops out of the way, and giving fair public warning, so that Putin has nobody to blame but himself if he puts his own troops in harm's way. Expect hard missile strikes but no Russian troops killed. And that doesn't even take that much critical thought.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
What now..
Americans have to launch thise smart new sexy missiles.
And Russians have to shoot tham down.

I need popcorn..

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Trump:
Russia vows to shoot down any and all missiles fired at Syria. Get ready Russia, because they will be coming, nice and new and “smart!” You shouldn’t be partners with a Gas Killing Animal who kills his people and enjoys it!

Russian Foreign Ministry response to #Trump tweet:

"Smart missiles should fly towards terrorists, not lawful government, which has spent several years fighting against international terrorism on its territory,”
edit on am440000004amk1 by Annunak1 because: ..

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Trump should just stick with his original plan and just get out of Syria. If there is a problem in Syria, then it's a United Nations problem, not a United States problem.

Our troops enlisted to defend the United States of America, not Syria or Israel.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ozarkredneck

Yeah not a teenager here and definitely not pro Putin

Just because we can see the seriousness of the situation and the recklessness of Trump tweeting this doesn’t make one anti trump either. It makes us able to see stupid when it happens

And putin threatening to hit hard/ manned targets is also not a softening of his approach either

You should probably evaluate yourself before throwing stones

Many of us “teenagers” actually have many Years combat experience were not stupid, and we know the implications

Russia put up w the missle strikes already once. You can only poke someone so many times before they poke back

It’s simply not a gamble that Trump should be playing w at this point ,especially on Twitter.

He needs to get our assets out of there period, like what was voted on and let them clean up their own mess there. Full stop

edit on 4/11/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: mobiusmale

No trump didn’t need to do anything other than continue e an investigation, or pull out like was voted to do

I swear some of you arm chair military personnel are completely out of touch w what really happens in war, and what the real consequences of this sort of talk can do.

I don’t want to see a single one of my military breatheren shed blood on foreign soil again because of the hubris of a president who doesn’t know when to shut up.

There is such a thing as quiet resolve and due diligence , this bull# from trump is neither.....

I am sure you are quite sincere in your comments, and your concern for your bretherin (but you assume too much about my being disconnected from, or unaware of, the consequences of war). Your sincerity and personal concerns aside, inaction in times of crisis can be just as big a killer, or disruptor, as premature action.

Like setting up a police perimeter around a school that has active shooters inside. Or letting a group like ISIS run roughshod over entire Countries (like Iraq and Syria), standing idly by while they kill thousands and create a refugee crisis in Europe that will forever change the social fabric of dozens of Countries (launching the odd sortie in order to "degrade and ultimately destroy" doesn't really count).

Trump took the gloves off with his brand of "bullsnip" and, a year after his election the "Caliphate" is gone...with how many U.S casualties suffered during this wipeout? His Twitter storms have brought North Korea to the table, have forced China to begin to concede on trade issues, have turned the U.S economy around on a dime, have put Iran on notice, have forced NATO to ante up more for our common defence.

Just because you don't completely understand his game, or his gameplan, doesn't mean he is doesn't know what he is doing. Ultimately, as Trump restores the US Military, and the rest of the world understands that America will use its superior tech and unmanned weapons capabilities if forced to, and as needed...fewer and fewer of your bretherin will be put in harms way (and the world will actually be a safer place).
edit on 11-4-2018 by mobiusmale because: added thought

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: deviant300

Sturm und Drang

Now that everyone has panicked and gotten it out of their system, maybe we can settle down.

Big talk, harsh language does not an apocalypse make.

My military sources know of no major deployments or logistical movements. We'll bomb an air base, get rid of more chemical weapons that Obama told us he got rid of a few years ago and life will go on.

*shrugs*

Or we can panic.

Either, or I suppose.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

I understand your sentiment however ......

There should be anymore (plan). We voted to pull out and that’s what we should be doing.

This rhetoric from trump does nothing to further that goal and could potentially make it catastrophically worse

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

“No plan survives contact with the enemy.”
-anon

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I'm only pointing out the back and forth stupidity of some of the one-liners that know nothing and add nothing useful, just warmongering. You were the first one to get offended by my post, that in itself tells me something. Took you about 5 minutes to rattle off a response. Hmm. At least I put some thought into what I said, and after reading through the whole thread, created an account to share what it comes across as to an onlooker like me, who usually just comes here to look for any substantial breaking news or information, of which there isn't much of anymore, sadly. Years ago there would be some occasionally. And seriously, the Popcorn cliche really is old, it's so stale I wouldn't let my dog touch it.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   
So I don't understand Trump tweets "congradulations" to Putin and our panties get in a bunch for a week because he's was being to nice to Putin.

A week later Trunp tweets that he's expelled Russian diplomats from the US and our panties find themselves once again in a bunch because the expulsion is nothing more than a show that did nothing to Putin.

Now this week our panties continue to ride high because Trump is now being to tough with Putin.

Maybe if we really did care about how our country handles Putin we would pick a position and stick to it.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ozarkredneck

...Next, you can tell there are two types of posters here.. pro-Putin and pro-Trump. That's all, and mostly know less than they spew out. Standard BS in a world deeply lacking in critical thinking.
Bunch of D--k waving teenagers is what it comes across looking like....

Howdy and welcome to ATS!

Just wanted to say, there's another type of poster - one anti-Trump and anti-Putin.

Also some against more needless death and suffering on all sides.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

“No plan survives contact with the enemy.”
-anon

And "WHO" is the enemy?

I see no evidence presented that show why Assad or Syria should be my enemy? Just words and rhetoric.

edit on 11-4-2018 by Reydelsol because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Everyone take a step back , have a deep breath , chill ,
relax , stand easy ,
Quieten down , compose ourselves , stay calm , give it a rest , settle ,
take a break and cool off

let's ease , slacken , loosen , unwind

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

I'm pro-bleu cheese crumbles on ribeyes.

Politics is just an amusing way to pass the time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join