It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Here is the complete press release: www.whitehouse.gov... ns/
The order provides nine “Principles of Economic Mobility,” which will guide agencies that administer public assistance programs to effectively reform the welfare system by directing that they:
1. Improve employment outcomes and economic independence;
2. Promote marriage and family as a way of escaping poverty;
3. Address the challenges of hard-to-employ populations;
4. Provide more flexibility to States, while ensuring accountability for achieving outcomes;
5. Streamline services to more effectively use taxpayer resources;
6. Reserve benefits for those truly in need;
7. Consolidate duplicative programs;
8. Facilitate greater sharing of information between States and localities; and
9. Empower the private sector to find solutions to poverty.
The order focuses on increasing opportunities for those in need by:
1. Strengthening current work requirements;
2. Empowering States, localities, tribal governments, and private-sector entities to serve individuals and families in need; and
3. Using taxpayer dollars for their intended purpose, which includes ensuring only eligible persons receive benefits.
originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
How are these things going to be carried out? Like another poster said, it's a bunch of woo.
I assume by "laser-focused" you actually mean "giving ambiguous orders without any real structure"? Because that's what that list is, a bunch of orders without any direction.
originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan
Mostly reads to me like a list to get agencies and the like involved in all that to tighten up.