It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adorable girl tells divorced parents how to be friends

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I happened to run across this vid on YouTube today and I was so impressed with the wisdom of this young girl.
She is endearing and speaks from the heart, and I’m sure she speaks for many children of divorced parents.

I hope you enjoy the vid as much as I did.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Sad that in today's society, kids like her are more mature than the adults.

These kids will probably grow up and clean up the Millennials' mess.
edit on 4/10/2018 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   

How can you say no to that?

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Sad that in today's society, kids are more mature the adults.

These kids will probably grow up to clean up after the Millennial's mess.

Some definitely are more mature !

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Taupin Desciple

How can you say no to that?

No kidding ! I think the mom was choking up a bit when she said yes.

I love the way she said “ i just want you to be steady” or something to that effect 😆

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   

wtf... She said it actually better than I have tried
. The part about everybody and monsters...

How does she already understand that?! It took me like 20 years..

and people younger than me are just lost... We have to keep firing them... They don't know how to be people.. That girl is a damn PERSON.

thank you for sharing.

edit on 10-4-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

I find it a lot more sad that she can't just be a little girl without thinking about her parents grown up BS.
In my opinion...that little girl is a sad product of her sad ass parents and I feel sorry for her.

I smiled at how adorable she was and was horrified that she is thinking about crap like this at such a young age.

Never been a parent but that is my uninformed opinion.

Dysfunction breeds dysfunction.

edit on 10-4-2018 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-4-2018 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   

a reply to: DrumsRfun

As Millennial, I feel very ashamed. My message to her and others of her generation is sorry for all the mess we've caused. Just don't be like this entitled brat:

edit on 4/10/2018 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

I think a lot of kids that age think about others not getting along. If it’s not parents, it’s siblings or friends at school. No kid has the perfect world with perfect relationships.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun
a reply to: starwarsisreal

I find it a lot more sad that she can't just be a little girl without thinking about her parents grown up BS.
In my opinion...that little girl is a sad product of her sad ass parents and I feel sorry for her.

I smiled at how adorable she was and was horrified that she is thinking about crap like this at such a young age.

Never been a parent but that is my uniformed opinion.

my parents divorced and that sucks , but you are being unrealistic. relationships dont always serve the purpose anymore and everyone involved is better off apart, or stew in toxic soup otherwise..

the little girl didnt ask them to stay together. She asked them to be nice. I remember similar feelings like this I just said it with more anger and confusion.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Kids.

I remember decades back when I was babysitting a buddy's daughter. She asked me to do something, and I said, "I don't think I can do that."

She looked at me with that beautiful innocent face and said, "Sure you can. Just do your very, very best in the whole wide world." I don't remember what it was, but I did it for her, and I never forgot that phrase.

Sometimes I remember it when things are tough. Sometimes I tell the story to someone else who is having a hard time. It's kind of like magic, if a little girl believes in you, you have to believe in yourself.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Thank you for sharing that story ... kids can inspire us to be our best !

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   

I need to do something for her. She used to draw crayon pictures of her as a princess and other things and give them to me. I know I still have them in the attic somewhere. She graduated college over ten years ago, is married and has at least two kids, last I heard. I need to dig those pictures out and see that she gets them.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

I need to do something for her. She used to draw crayon pictures of her as a princess and other things and give them to me. I know I still have them in the attic somewhere. She graduated college over ten years ago, is married and has at least two kids, last I heard. I need to dig those pictures out and see that she gets them.

Oh for sure ! Dig them out and send them to her... pretty sure her and her kids would get a laugh out of it, and appreciate that you kept them.

Besides, you’ll run across other treasures in the attic while on the hunt, and that always makes it more exciting.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I saw that a while back, and had forgotten about it. Thanks for posting it!

I don't know how old that baby is, but she is PHENOMENAL. You can almost SEE the gears turning in her mind.

I don't know how anyone could watch this, and not feel like all is well with the entire universe. At least for a moment.

Someday a kid like her is gonna change the world.

So, Mr. Speaker, by the power vested in me, by me, I'd like to put forth a motion that we call for special election, and nominate this kid for "God".

Do I have a second?

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I shared that on facebook quite some time ago. She is so precious and wise. The Parents may be divorced, but they did raise an amazing child!

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp

Someday a kid like her is gonna change the world. So, Mr. Speaker, by the power vested in me, by me, I'd like to put forth a motion that we call for special election, and nominate this kid for "God". Do I have a second?

Now why would you want to give her such a heartwrenching and thankless job ? She’s just a kid 😜

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
I happened to run across this vid on YouTube today and I was so impressed with the wisdom of this young girl.
She is endearing and speaks from the heart, and I’m sure she speaks for many children of divorced parents.

I hope you enjoy the vid as much as I did.

this is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Yeah, relationships don't always work out, but I've read so many horror stories of extended families dancing on egg shells trying to accommodate all the step families and sets of grandparents and the tensions it creates through the many marriages and divorces, etc.

I know from personal experience through my aunt and her experiences.

Can't imagine how my cousins feel about knowing they have "our" family and then their father's family to try to navigate, not counting their married families now.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

wait till Ellen degenerate and the rest of the lot gets a hold of that video, that kids going to make the rounds on all the daytime feel good exploitative 'talk shows'.

what a wonderful kid. i hope none of her traits get lsot in translation as she gets older.
edit on 11-4-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

top topics

join