It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNNs APRIL RYAN Is An Embarassment to U.S. Journalism.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I just take cues from your camp always telling liberals what we are thinking. Ever heard the saying, "what goes around comes around"?

Yep, sure have...and you're livin' it...right now!

ETA...there you go again, twisting things around. I'm not telling you what you are thinking, I'm telling you what you are saying. Gawd help me, I have no idea what you are 'thinking'!!!
edit on 4/11/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

i guess it’s not offensive but it’s a poor representation of the media for the people designed to keep us informed of our government and it’s status report f what it is doing for its people. Instead it’s a tabloidish enquirer type question that would or should be found in a tabloid. But to each his own, if your proud of her good for you.
edit on 11-4-2018 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

No it isn't. It is a perfectly viable question. You just don't like it because it makes you uncomfortable.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Okay, let's break this down. I'll try not to be flippant (to you).

In a court of law asking what someone "thinks" about something will automatically result in an objection by the opposition as "speculation". It's not a relevant question. I'm sure the president has 'thought' about a whole lot of things, but those things are not relevant to being reported in the press on the world stage. So, for Ms. Ryan to ask a question about whether the president has 'thought' about ('considered' or any other clever wordsmithing around the notion of 'thinking' about something) is not a question which will result in an answer during a presidential press briefing.

Anyone with a half a brain reasonable intelligence would know this, particularly in that type of an environment.

So, that Ms. Ryan took occasion to ask a question which she "knew" (or should have known) she would not get an answer to, and thereby wasting other correspondent's and the Press Secretary's valuable time was irresponsible. I'm sorry you don't like that answer, but it is the answer.

Is that a little more clear?

ETA...It's also known as "grandstanding" under normal circumstances.

edit on 4/11/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Reporters yelling out questions hoping to get a bite is something that transcends Trump's Presidency. It is how things have always worked. Of course they aren't expecting an answer, but they do it anyways in case they do happen to get one. Singling out Ryan for doing what reporters do all the time is ridiculous. The only thing people have a problem with is that she is from CNN and she asked a question that probably infuriates Trump.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

My mother-in-law fell after using the toilet and broke her wrist--where can I find said helmet?

And do they make wrist helmets?

edit on 11-4-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I think some lunatics from the insane asylum escaped and found a library to post on ats. We have some profound posts in the topic on the last couple pages. I marvel at the grandeur and profound intellect.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
You ever wonder how hard it is to break political ranks for "conservatives" despite their constant caterwauling about political correctness?

They'll read this in the OP:

Aside from hiring so many nutjobs, that media network should be investigated by the Justice Department for it's fanatical Anti-America posture on Immigration, War, Domestic Policy, Foreign Policy, The U.S. President, and a host of other positions that a traitor to the USA would assume.

Which is hopefully the most authoritarian # any of us have seen an American say today and not a one of you freedom-loving super patriots who are always going on about the Constitution even acknowledged it much less chimed in to express even modest disagreement.

Let's get real, you guys are probably not really the types that should be worried about being armed in defense of liberty against a tyrannical government because you can't seem to muster the intestinal fortitude to call out a peer over that # on an Internet forum.

Jesus.

Let us know when things get as bad as using the IRS, the FBI, and the DOJ as political tools.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Reporters yelling out questions hoping to get a bite is something that transcends Trump's Presidency. It is how things have always worked. Of course they aren't expecting an answer, but they do it anyways in case they do happen to get one. Singling out Ryan for doing what reporters do all the time is ridiculous. The only thing people have a problem with is that she is from CNN and she asked a question that probably infuriates Trump.

If they weren't expecting an answer, then why do they cry about not getting one afterwards?

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Sublimecraft

What's this about "US" journalism???

CNN is an embarrassment to journalism...period! ALL journalism, not just US journalism.

traditional journalism is dead among the major media.

these 'journalists' are democrat party activists working for their party in various media organizations.

'informing the public' is not on their agenda.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Pahahahahahahahahaha

I take it the woman in question is the black woman, my my my stupidity at its finest

I'm going for an IQ of 10

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

That's almost *gasp*... damn, could it be? Is that whataboutism I'm seeing?

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
Why does cnn still get to ask question?

The 1st Amendment.

Funny I seem to remember obama refusing to call on Fox for any questions.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Tight? I guess you aren't referring to Anderson Cooper. I bet that thing is like throwing a hotdog down a hallway.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Has nothing to do with 'dictatorships', but everything to do with following protocol in an environment of "professionals".

LOL! We are talking about protocols in the age of Trump. Now THAT is funny. By the way, if you think that April Ryan asking if the President is going to step down due to all the controversy is inappropriate then you need a safe space. That question isn't even offensive, let alone inappropriate.

You're a real piece of work sometimes, twisting things around the way you do!

I just take cues from your camp always telling liberals what we are thinking. Ever heard the saying, "what goes around comes around"?

Yeah but it was a really stupid question.

Did she really think she would get a scoop and Sanders would say yes?

lol.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   
CNN (and other networks) are an An Embarassment to U.S. Journalism. And what's even more embarrassing is the majority of stupid people believe the propaganda spewing out this outlet and others and they base their opinions on it. WAKE UP!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

CNN finds journalists so stupid that they need to wear helmets when they go to toilet.

True and I can't argue with that, but lets be fair, Fox hired Sean Hannity and Bill OReilly, so they're all to blame for the dumbing down of America.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I don't think Hannity or O'Reilly are reporters or journalists.

I don't remember them ever being in a press briefing at the White House.

I always thought they were Op-ed, opinion folks.

Maybe I'm wrong. . . . .

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: proteus33

i thought the potus was going to ban cnn from white house because of their out right fabrication of stories.

a journalist job is to report the news in an unbiased fashion not to make news like this clown did.

You mean like how Fox News reports on their own "outrage" on a daily basis.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Ryan, who is also a CNN contributor, asked, “With all of this turmoil, particularly this last week, has the president at any time thought about stepping down before.. or now?”

Like the sig quote says, everything is upside down...

CNN is the only one that will be doing the stepping down.

"Yogi Bear" reruns are even pulling better ratings...

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join