It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG, Facebook violated my privacy!!! WAAAAAH.....

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   
If you post something on a social Media site or click like on something someone puts up, then you are putting personal information on the net. It says in Facebook that they collect information to target ads and for their clients. That is how they make money, by getting income from advertising. I do not know what loophole was exploited by someone to supply some of the data out of their system, somebody screwed up.

Zuckerberg does not deny that they screwed up, he admits they did. Now The Senators, especially the Democrat ones sure hit him hard, he tried to answer their questions and said he would have his people get back to them with the answers to their questions. Those Senators tried to get him to say things he did not know about.

A democratic woman senator asked him how many of his employees were republicans he said he did not know. She accused him of withholding information about this. She bugged him again, he said that he is in Silicon Valley so he feels that there would be more tending left. He says he does not ask employees what party they are associated with when they get hired. I think that Democratic Woman Senator is a little off, her questions were hard to understand, she babbled out a lot of stuff asking things that an employer like him probably wouldn't know. There are a lot of workers working for facebook, how would he know all of them?

Many of The Democratic Senators were treating him like a Republican. I think the Democrats have gone crazy myself. I doubt if Zuckerberg actually has a party, he also seems to be both conservative and liberal on things. I guess the Democrats think "you're either with us or against us" I hate that kind of people.

The way the Democrats were acting on TV, I think they lost a whole lot of voters today, they were acting way more irrational than the Republicans were today on TV. I actually thought it would be the other way because Silicon Valley seems to be more liberal. I expected the Republicans to trash him, the Republicans were asking way more logical questions. They understand more that Facebook cannot be regulated to hell. If these places like Facebook get over regulated and can't make money on advertisment they will not be able to keep going and our countries social media will be gone. I think that is what the Democrats want, they want control over what we hear.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: FHomerK

I agree that laws were broken here, but at the same time people should use caution about what they comment on, like, and post on any social media platform, including here. The fine print of Facebook even had a tiny blurb that it will use your data for their own purposes.

My tactic on Facebook is to "Like" almost anything, as it messes with the algorithms on the back. So far, my ads have been getting more and more random.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: fossilera

I agree that laws were broken here, but at the same time people should use caution about what they comment on, like, and post on any social media platform, including here. The fine print of Facebook even had a tiny blurb that it will use your data for their own purposes.

My tactic on Facebook is to "Like" almost anything, as it messes with the algorithms on the back. So far, my ads have been getting more and more random.

I do stuff like that to. I did something in the settings the other day, and now FB is kinda weird now. As I scroll; certain posts disappear. Ads are gone too. I use Avast and a ad blocker also. But all of a sudden the past few days after messing with the FB settings. Lot's of crap is just gone?
edit on 10-4-2018 by Disenchanted1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
You know the whole problem here.is...all of this was told to you when you signed up for facebook. How many people bitching here have read the terms of use you all agreed to?

This is my point. You guys are all complaining about the actual purpose of a product that was told to you when you signed up. But you act like facebook tricked you or some #. It didn't. Just because you don't read what you agree to and don't understand it's a public forum designed to gather data doesn't mean the information wasnt presented to you.

If you wouldn't share it in a public place, don't share it on facebook, read the things you agree to before you install and sign up, understand the permissions on your phone, and in your accounts and what you are granting these services when you click that agree button or install.

edit on 10/4/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/4/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I agree with the T&C's when signing up. It's the blatant other BS they are pulling like activating your microphone, and "back door" tracking your internet usage across the internet, even when logged off.

None of this is in the t&c's.

They need to pay the piper.

Sorry to the op for biting your head off, I'm dealing with some next level stress bs right now.

Your opinion is as important as everyone elses.
Rant away.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Well that escabanneded quickly !

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
First world problem.

Rumor has it that Germany was a first world country just before the days of the Gestapo and Auschwitz. I'm not sure I'd call the people who ended up on the business end of that FWP a bunch of whiners.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

Obviously facebook had something to do with it.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

A democratic woman senator asked him how many of his employees were republicans he said he did not know.

Ironic. The king of collecting info, has none when it comes to his own employees. I'll bet $5 he has a way to find out, and probably faster than you can order a pizza, too.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   

I'm more pissed that I'm not getting paid for all of my work liking, commenting and posting. I put in the time, yet someone else got paid for my effort?

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat
a reply to: rickymouse

A democratic woman senator asked him how many of his employees were republicans he said he did not know.

Ironic. The king of collecting info, has none when it comes to his own employees. I'll bet $5 he has a way to find out, and probably faster than you can order a pizza, too.

The strange part is it isn't illegal to ask employees what party they are associated with. But creating an environment in the work place that is off balance is not allowed in this country because an employer does not have the right to put practices in place to influence a person's voting. But it still happens all over the place. The Senator should have known that Silicon valley is mostly liberal. She was confusing him with the questions, she should not be a Senator.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: badw0lf

Obviously facebook had something to do with it.

Zuckerbergs gnarled claws, reaching out into the cyber, clutching at anything and anyone his greyish long fingernails can grasp, taking them down, out, under his fleeting powers of banhammer, as a last death cry for the failed initiate.

RIP Homey... may your light shine free...

Beware, the Zuckerberg Mark II His claws will be artificial, and will evade mere tactile sensations...

edit on 11-4-2018 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
I agree with the T&C's when signing up. It's the blatant other BS they are pulling like activating your microphone, and "back door" tracking your internet usage across the internet, even when logged off.

None of this is in the t&c's.

They need to pay the piper.

Sorry to the op for biting your head off, I'm dealing with some next level stress bs right now.

Your opinion is as important as everyone elses.
Rant away.

Yes it is...it really is in there. You agreed to that...you really did. Just because you didn't understand the extent of the data they collect doesn't mean it wasnt there.

When you install that app...and the warnings about permissions come up...try actually reading what those permissions do.

What do you really think is going to happen when you're constantly connected to an account that is linked to an ad API used on thousands of websites?

Honestly it's some common sense #. Guess what if you are logged into facebook on a device or browser and visit a website with that little facebook icon anywhere or even if that site uses facebook ads you will be tracked. Same with Google, Amazon or any other company that makes money off of ads and personal data.

The internet is like a minefield it's not a happy fun place for everybody, it's a place where everyone and everything is trying to make money off you. Even ATS. It's just the way of it. Stop complaining and use your common sense. Learn how the internet works, learn how your phone or computer works and do the fairly simple things you need to do if you dont want that # happening. It's not hard, it just requires slightly more effort than passively downloading # and signing up for any and everything.

Everyone on here talks about taking personal responsibility for their own protection...yet when it comes to the internet everyone's surprised the same rules apply.
edit on 11/4/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join