It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Zuckerberg faces the U.S. Senate Live at 2:15pm EST April 10 2018

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
'You're collecting billions of data points, do you store them?'

"I'm not sure whats that referring to".

After much ado...

Finally has to answer YES.

'Do you collect etc etc etc etc etc info (including GPS locations)'
'Do you disclose any of that?'
"YES."
(after earlier saying that they dont disclose info, that people tell them who to send ads to and they do it all for them)
Reminds me of that guy on Ted Talks saying we should put as much of our data online as possible.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Sort of surprised by how unpolished he is. I've never watched an interview of him or anything, but I'd have assumed he was more polished. He had to have been coached and rehearsed for this. He shouldn't be this bad.

I'm also more convinced that he has/had federal funding or lots of funding from well-connected people, because no one has asked any real inconvenient questions. Specifically about the shadow profiles FB creates for people who have not agreed to FB's T&C's of signed up for any TH service. Why is it allowed to collect and use that data?

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chickensalad

originally posted by: BlueAjah
They really are not touching on a fraction of how Facebook uses your data.

A large percentage of web sites these days automatically check if the user is also logged into Facebook. Then they combine this data with the pages visited on the web site in many ways that we probably are not even aware of. Facebook knows where you are at all times if you are logged in on your phone. The amount of ways your Facebook data is used is endless.

Not only that, even if you've never been on FB, they still create a shadow profile of you. At the sites that you visit that have a FB share option still send your data to FB. You don't even have to opt in to have your data collected and stored under your internet profile they've created for you.

This is why I always connect to the internet with a "No Log" VPN. I use DuckDuck Go a no tracking/logging search engine. I have never had facebook, don't even visit the page. I don't do anything untoward online (apart from research some conspiracies) but I just feel uncomfortable been tracked. Gives me the heebie jeebies.
edit on 12-4-2018 by harold223 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-4-2018 by harold223 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
So they made 40 billion dollars last year on targeted advertising.

Without targets, no revenue. Without target data, less revenue. Without aggregating target data, MUCH less revenue.

Seems to me they should be paying their users a salary, because without users volunteering personal data, they have no business. Users are giving away their privacy, for a customized mail order catalog... it's a loyalty program without any loyalty.
edit on 12-4-2018 by JaspersCheese because: grammar

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JaspersCheese

Wouldn't it be something if this is how a universal basic income is put in place?

Just a little brain-fart.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

It would not surprise me. Class action fraud suit with 2 billion people and a pool of 40+ billion... that would go a long way to fixing western society. Well, North America at least. EU be screwed.

I saw a lot of good questions in the second half of the first session that seem to be prep work to trap MZ. Who honestly believes FB has never been compromised? Cambridge is not unique IMO. FB's model is based on compromising data, anyone think they're benevolent guardians of that data?

Watch the second half of the first session again with the follow "hypothetical" in mind:

All of FB has been compromised, either maliciously or on purpose... Either way, its bad.

The terms and services are clearly an attempt to obfuscate the true intent of the "service," that is a major element in fraud cases. Better Call Saul!

MZ really wants to get into China, what incentive could he possibly hold to entice China into accepting a DARPA/Spook dossier builder? America for sale?

One question and answer made me believe they(FB) have linked all FB profiles to IP address and devices. They know EVERYTHING you've searched for and viewed and have attached that information to your name. They could not make 40 billion without that knowledge.

We know giving huge chunks of money to people who are unprepared for it is dangerous. Salary makes more socially responsible sense than a big payout that leads to an excess of bad behaviour.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I was mildly impressed with the grilling Cruz gave to Zuck, not impressed at all with Zuck's BS answers. He had definitely rehearsed.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 02:13 AM
link   
It does not matter how much does Zuckerberg attempt to support the EU and nazi EU nobility in the upcoming mid-term elections in the US. The EU interference does not stand a chance in the world to alter the process or the result.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 02:18 AM
link   
October 12, 2018

Zuckerberg was grilled by Congress for many hours, back in April. It made him MAD!

As a result, Facebook is screwing more users than ever before.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join