It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mysterious new geoglyphs discovered near peru's nazca plateau

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I don't know if this is true or not but it seems they missed about 50 massive geoglyphs in the area of Nazca, Peru.

It was discovered using satellite imagery and drones.

Does it mean you have to be out in orbit to even realize they're geoglyphs?

If that's the case, what are the implications?

I'm probably experiencing pareidolia and it's probably not part of the geoglyphs but I see the likeness of Steven Spielberg's ET in there.

This makes me wonder if a select few already knew about it and somehow fed the information to Mr. Spielberg.

Anyway, here's the link.

mysterious new geoglyphs discovered near peru's nazca plateau.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: reject

I tried uploading images from my phone but I can't get it to work..

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Pretty impressive. Seems to me you would need someone up in the air helping to lay out those drawings on such a big scale.

I cannot see any other way they could have made them to that scale and to the proper size. I know how to use a Transit, if they had settings and a transit they could have made those without input from the sky. Then they would only have needed the sky position to view them, maybe they had hot air balloons back then, a tourist attraction viewed from the sky.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
My network that I'm on doesn't allow shortened urls, so here is the full site if anyone else has that problem: Mysterious New Geoglyphs Discovered Near Peru’s Nazca Plateau

Pretty neat, but a very short and lacking article, and the images in the link are things already known, are they not?

Oh, I see...from NatGeo:

How could so many geoglyphs hide in plain sight? Over time, many of the lines and figures have been reduced to faint depressions in the soil, visible only on 3-D scans of the terrain captured by the eagle-eye perspective provided by drones.

But the lines that trace the newfound geoglyphs are mere inches across—too fine to spot from space.

Low-flying drones operating at altitudes of 200 feet or less, in contrast, can spot objects less than a half-inch wide.

Pretty damn cool.

So, lines that are just inches across...why so thin?

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
alien gang member crossing other alien gang signs out

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I really like the idea of hot air balloons being an ancient technology, but I'm at a loss as to why they wouldn't be recorded in pictures some place.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Could be you're right about the tourist attraction angle! Problem is, if they were made by the ancients as a tourist attraction..........there would be the remains and ruins of nearby motel facilities and camp grounds all complete with swimming pools and playground equipment for the kids.

I haven't seen any evidence of that whatsoever.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Small spacecraft?

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

I'm going with a slot-car track.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Not to mention a ton of Snickers wrappers that didn't decompose.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

So, lines that are just inches across...why so thin?

Perhaps they are too fine to spot from space...for us. A visitor with more advanced technology might have no problem seeing them. Maybe the intent was to "hide them in plain sight"?

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Peru also has that unbelievable band made up of rows of "potholes" on a plateau nearby.

Then there's macchu Picchu.

Further away, you've got pyramids.

I've always wondered if there were ancient Egyptians who sailed there.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Nice.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doxanoxa

I really like the idea of hot air balloons being an ancient technology, but I'm at a loss as to why they wouldn't be recorded in pictures some place.

Using hand pulled gliders or kites would be more practical. Given that they drew pictures of large birds with wide wings, that suggests they knew about wingspan and gliding. Interesting they didn't get the size of the feet the same on each side. Almost like they did different segments of the glyph on different days.

Those area would have had air thermals and strong winds, so once a glider was in the air, it could soar for hours. Then those glyphs could be direction arrows.

top topics

join