It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F.B.I. Raids Office of Trump’s Longtime Lawyer Michael Cohen

page: 68
<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Why?

Because Cohen announced to the world that he is his client and Hannity did not want him to do that.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Jury is still out on if he was/is a client.

My friend from grade school is a lawyer, I ask him stuff all the time.

Would he say I was his client?

Probably not but if he did, I would say "no I'm not"

Anyway, too much legalize involved for me to sort it out.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

I think Hannity should sue Cohen for slander.

That would be awesome.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scrubdog

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: soberbacchus

Like they haven’t been trying to trump up charges on Hillary and obama the whole time lol...

Even if they were found innocent in the end just an investigation would draw the media coverage off trumps blunders..and trump has repeatedly called for investigations. Yet TRUMPS OWN DOJ WONT TOUCH IT...

Appearently there is so little evidence against them that NO ONE in trumps DOJ has even attempted to indict either one. Even though once a week Fox News fabricates a new set of felonies they are supposedly committing or have committed..

How clean must they actually be for trumps DOJ to refuse an investigation???

How dirty are they, NOT to investigate.

It's not supposed to be anyone's DOJ but the peoples. Like the FBI/Secret Police.

Trump doesn't control it like obama, any dictator and hitler did.

What has Hannity done? Is he under investigation now, too?

Yes, ultimately Trump does control it, though he must be careful to not do so for political reasons.

The FBI has proven they will go after Democrats, ask Anthony Weiner, Sen. Menendez and Hillary Clinton.

So, what's the problem here, other than the fact that they haven't committed a crime?

You simply cannot accept that neither of them did anything wrong, that's the only problem. It simply MUST be that they committed a crime, because it's Hillary and Obama, and every good Alt-Righter knows that they are evil incarnate and corrupt to the core.

They never committed a crime. Nothing improper was done. The DOJ headed by the president cannot even assemble enough to put together a real investigation, that ought to tell you everything, but instead tells you the opposite.

I wish he controlled like obama did.

Oh yeah, clean as the driven snow, right?

Who said they didn't commit crimes? The FBI?

lolol!

Weiner is a perv. Pics prove it, plus the classified emails on his laptop.

Menendez is crooked but less than hillary's long list of crimes.

She is connected to both them guys anyway.

edit on 4 16 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Hannity doesn't seem to be sweating it in the least. He does seem sincerely amused though. Great for ratings I reckon.

edit on 16-4-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

So how long do they get to keep seized private property?

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

That would be awesome.

I don't think that is actual slander.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

My friend from grade school is a lawyer, I ask him stuff all the time.

Would he say I was his client?

Probably not but if he did, I would say "no I'm not"

It depends on what you asked. It's quite common for people to ask lawyers they know in a casual setting for some free advice. It's also quite common for that advice to be entirely verbal and no notes taken of it, so that there's no record.

When there's a written record such as what Cohen has documented there's more of a question there.

Given how important privilege is for the justice system to work, I believe the communications with Hannity should be considered privileged information as it sounds like it was specific legal advice, and that Hannity simply messed up with his statement earlier today. That said, there is a lot the public doesn't know about this Cohen case and there may be a valid reason for the prosecutors to gain access to privileged information.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Scrubdog

I was hoping you could tell me. Nothing has been released yet to my knowledge. Apparently the government has just decided to keep whatever they took until they're ready to give it back. Aazadan is hopefully going to tell us how long that can be.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   

That would be awesome.

oral defamation, in which someone tells one or more persons an untruth about another, which untruth will harm the reputation of the person defamed.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Scrubdog

I was hoping you could tell me. Nothing has been released yet to my knowledge. Apparently the government has just decided to keep whatever they took until they're ready to give it back. Aazadan is hopefully going to tell us how long that can be.

TheRedneck

Information is kept forever. When cases are closed, what was or wasn't learned isn't just thrown out. Sometimes an investigation fails to turn up anything and new information later comes to light which reopens it. According to the law, an investigation can only be concluded due to time when the statute of limitations runs out.

So if you committed a crime in 2017 that has a statute of 10 years, the investigation into that suspected crime can remain open until 2027.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

So you're OK with the government taking property without presenting even a formal accusation of wrongdoing? Not even saying what they were investigating?

I wonder if you would think that if it were your property...

TheRedneck

That happens all the time when a warrant is issued. You're not charged before the warrant comes out.

Do we know they didn't say what they were investigating? The FBI wouldn't announce that until they had formal charges. Cohens side has remained silent on the matter.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

So how long can the government keep this property? I have seen no charges, so how do we determine the Statute of Limitation?

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   

So how long do they get to keep seized private property?

TheRedneck

I heard Judge Nap, maybe, say that Cohen's team gets to see the seized doco's first, per order of the actual judge presiding and they filter what is A/C.

Then it goes back to prosecution and then they fight it out in court what is A/C privilege.

Might be decided after that. Months?

But I may have heard wrong somewhere.

This BS is why I didn't go to Harvard Law School and my bud quit to become a chef.

lol.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

That would be awesome.

oral defamation, in which someone tells one or more persons an untruth about another, which untruth will harm the reputation of the person defamed.

Ok, but what harm has been proven yet?

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

So how long can the government keep this property? I have seen no charges, so how do we determine the Statute of Limitation?

TheRedneck

Investigations are for specific crimes, they have probable cause of a crime that was committed and that's what they're bound to as far as the statute goes. Formal charges come later in the process.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

TheRedneck

Date of seizure, I would assume.

Rather than when being introduced into evidence.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Judge Nap was wrong.

Wood denied Hendon's application for a temporary restraining order that would block federal investigators from examining the seized material for their criminal investigation. Instead, she instructed prosecutors to assemble and index the seized records and give copies to all parties in the case.

The judge asked the opposing attorneys to submit a joint proposal with four names for a potential special master, whom the judge said "could have some role" in sorting through the seized documents and determining what was privileged.

Wood also authorized prosecutors to conduct electronic reviews of the seized material to determine such things as how often certain names, businesses and events appear in the records. Denying an objection by Hendon, the judge ruled federal investigators could obtain the statistical data without examining the underlying content.

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   

You're right. Hard to damage Hannity's reputation.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

TheRedneck

Investigations are for specific crimes, they have probable cause of a crime that was committed and that's what they're bound to as far as the statute goes. Formal charges come later in the process.

Yeah need to see the PC for the warrant.

They judge shop too, don't forget.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Ok, fine.

I was half awake, then.

Full of piss and vinegar now!

new topics

top topics

<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join