It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F.B.I. Raids Office of Trump’s Longtime Lawyer Michael Cohen

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

How do you know he has not already accounted for his time?
How is Cohen going to get out of the US and into Europe and then back again without there being any record of it?
Proof should be easy to come by if there is any that he was in Prague or anywhere in Europe.
Proof of where he was on any specific day is also likely to be available in this day and age. Phone records, credit card transactions, flights, email headers...

If he was in Prague then Mueller would already know, unless 10 months later he still hasn't bothered to try and verify the dossier (that's a possibility I suppose as most sane people write it off as left-wing lunacy). The fact he handed it off suggests your conspiracy theories are a bit off the mark.

edit on 15/4/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
* - Customs and Border Patrol
* - wiki - APIS
APIS (Advance Passenger Information System)

The required information consists of:[10][9]

Full name (last name, first name, middle name if applicable)
Nationality
Country of residence
Travel document type (normally passport)
Travel document number (expiry date and country of issue for passport)
[For travellers to the US] Address of the first night spent in the US (not required for US nationals, legal permanent residents, or alien residents of the US entering the US)

Trips made via travel agents fall into the additional program of Passenger name record. A system put into place between airlines in case a person needed to fly several different airlines to reach their destination. This program is also linked into a reciprocal with the EU.

* - APIS Fact sheet - CBP **PDF**
* - APIS documentation requirements **PDF**
* - APIS requirements for private flights **PDF**
edit on 15-4-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

How do you know he has not already accounted for his time?

Publicly he has not. In closed door intelligence hearings all we know is that people on the committee commented that they found his accounting and documentation for that time period "weak" and said they had remaining questions about his travel after he testified.

How is Cohen going to get out of the US and into Europe and then back again without there being any record of it?

Good question. I am starting to believe that they have him travelling to Germany in that time period, since the report said he entered Czech via Germany.

Proof should be easy to come by if there is any that he was in Prague or anywhere in Europe.
Proof of where he was on any specific day is also likely to be available in this day and age. Phone records, credit card transactions, flights, email headers...

Don't disagree. Likely investigators would not fully publicly reveal what they know until they can account for his full itinerary. they might have him Europe or Germany, but that won't be introduced in public record until they can fill in all the blanks.

If he was in Prague then Mueller would already know,

It's possible he does know.

The fact he handed it off suggests your conspiracy theories are a bit off the mark.

He handed this specific evidence of specific crimes off. I have not seen anything stating Cohen is no longer a subject of Mueller's investigation.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Cohens investigation revolves around criminal acts dealing with Ukraine. In my opinion when Cohen was raided and labeled a suspect the original author of the Cohen in Prague decided to repeat his debunked claim and sold it by saying there is new evidence. Since Mueller referred this to the SDNY, that action also undermines the Prague new info claims as well.

Where have you seen this was about Ukraine?
Since most corruption in Ukraine involves Russian Oligarchs close to Putin, I would think that would remain in Muller's lane (like Manafort), but this was handed off.

CNN - Exclusive: FBI raid sought information on taxi owners linked to Trump's lawyer

The warrant, in addition to seeking other records and documents, specifically identified Semyon and Yasya Shatayner, Ukrainian immigrants who own a large taxi operation in Chicago, according to the source. Cohen is listed as someone who repeatedly loaned money to the Shatayners within the past 10 years, according to public records reviewed by CNN.

If this dealt with Trump it never would have been referred to the SDNY.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I follow and agree.

If Cohen travelled to Europe, even by a second passport than the one he has shown, then Special Counsel has that record.

He wouldn't have tried to smuggle himself there via Private Jet or fake PP.

My opinion is that the SC office has hard evidence he travelled to Germany and crossed into Czech Republic, but we won't officially see the evidence until final report by Special Counsel and/or charges relevant to that travel are filed.

I am open to being wrong if Cohen can accurately account for his time last week Aug 2016 and first week Sept. 2016 as the original dossier outlines.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Publicly he has not. In closed door intelligence hearings all we know is that people on the committee commented that they found his accounting and documentation for that time period "weak" and said they had remaining questions about his travel after he testified.

We also know it is just the Democrats on that committee who are claiming his accounting / documentation are weak. so there is a political bias on that point and it continues to try and link Trump to Russia.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I follow and agree.

If Cohen travelled to Europe, even by a second passport than the one he has shown, then Special Counsel has that record.

He wouldn't have tried to smuggle himself there via Private Jet or fake PP.

My opinion is that the SC office has hard evidence he travelled to Germany and crossed into Czech Republic, but we won't officially see the evidence until final report by Special Counsel and/or charges relevant to that travel are filed.

I am open to being wrong if Cohen can accurately account for his time last week Aug 2016 and first week Sept. 2016 as the original dossier outlines.

Sorry that post was not directed at you. I just added the info on the off chance people reading wanted to know more about that program. Its why I made it a general post and not a direct reply -

The evidence in question though comes directly from the dossier and thus far is still unverified. Keep in mind the SDNY has nothing to do with the Russia probe, including any trips / meetings with James Bond in Prague.

I would imagine, givens Mueller's tactics so far, that if he had hard evidence of Cohens trip and meeting, he would already be charged and Mueller would be pressuring him for leverage on Trump. So far that has not occurred which is why I believe the Prague trip never occurred. I still believe the resurrection of that dossier segment is being done for no other reason that to try and mislead people about why Cohen was under investigation in an attempt to keep the Russia crap going.

Given Mueller has stated he is looking to wrap this all up by next month also supports that position (imo anyway). When Mueller shuts down with no charges against Trump watch Congress. I am positive Democrats wil keep these investigations ongoing. If Democrats retake the House or Senate I imagine they will officially reopen this crap in an effort to remove Trump from office (and Democrats are playing with a very hot fire by attemtpting that).

ETA - reference your last coment
April 2018 - Trump Lawyer Hits Back After Fake News Claims ‘Mueller Has Evidence Cohen Traveled to Prague in 2016 Confirming Part of Dossier’

On Friday, McClatchy ran a headline: ‘Sources: Mueller has evidence Cohen was in Prague in 2016 confirming part of dossier‘ which caused the fake news media to erupt.

This same fake news story previously circulated. In January of 2017 strangely enough, CNN’s Jake Tapper actually reported the Michael Cohen who traveled to Prague was not Trump’s lawyer, but another Michael Cohen who happened to be born in the same birth year as Trump’s lawyer.

Video of Tapper from last year debunking the Cohen-Prague story:

McClatchy’s reporting was so abysmal that even Trump-hating, left-wing Comey confidant, Benjamin Wittes questioned the sourcing in a tweetstorm:

There is a video in the link of Taper debunking the story. It is youtube however I cant seem to get the youtube search to pull it up. Check the link to watch the video.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

wiki - APIS
APIS (Advance Passenger Information System)

The required information consists of:[10][9]

Full name (last name, first name, middle name if applicable)
Nationality
Country of residence
Travel document type (normally passport)
Travel document number (expiry date and country of issue for passport)
[For travellers to the US] Address of the first night spent in the US (not required for US nationals, legal permanent residents, or alien residents of the US entering the US)

Trips made via travel agents fall into the additional program of Passenger name record. A system put into place between airlines in case a person needed to fly several different airlines to reach their destination. This program is also linked into a reciprocal with the EU.

* - APIS Fact sheet - CBP **PDF**
* - APIS documentation requirements **PDF**
* - APIS requirements for private flights **PDF**

Cohen took the trip on Trump's secret submarine - confirmed by two sources close to the matter...who provided evidence from the secret planning session they were in...

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Lol.. the fatal flaw in that scenario is any ship coming from the US to the EU and vice versa are still required to submit the data required under APIS.

That leaves us with the James Bond scenario of covertly infiltrating Europe and then the US.

If true Dr. Evil would be proud, sitting high in his cloud base taunting his imprisoned scientists.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Lol.. the fatal flaw in that scenario is any ship coming from the US to the EU and vice versa are still required to submit the data required under APIS.

That leaves us with the James Bond scenario of covertly infiltrating Europe and then the US.

If true Dr. Evil would be proud, sitting high in his cloud base taunting his imprisoned scientists.

My sources, who are familiar with the matter, have confirmed that Trump has an underwater base on the seabed just off the Netherlands. From there, a deep-sea single person craft was used, piloted by Cohen, to get to the coast and from there he made his way across Europe to Prague.[

The whole round trip was 4 months and Cohen videotaped it and stored it on several hundred sd cards. These were seized in the raid and now Mueller is going through all the video....it's definitely the smoking gun this time. As a bonus, according to my sources, several new species of fish have been recorded as well as a sea monster and some gay frogs when the secret submarine was circling New Zealand. Mueller has passed the content of these discoveries onto marine biologists for further investigation.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Here is Putins interview -

Either way this thing with Cohen is not linked to Trump. However if Mueller is trying to use a separate investigation in order to obtain privileged documents the court will have a field day with that.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I would imagine, givens Mueller's tactics so far, that if he had hard evidence of Cohens trip and meeting, he would already be charged and Mueller would be pressuring him for leverage on Trump.

For what? Mueller can't and wouldn't charge him for travelling to Europe when he said he didn't.
No law broken in that.
He would sit on it and pursue other evidence.
Or he would wait for Cohen to get charged with other crimes? then look to deal. Or both.

On a related side note:
I searched Cohen's twitter for the last 14 days in Aug and first 14 days in September 2016.
Learned he was a prolific "tweeter" dozens of posts daily about trump, Campaign and issues.

Twitter has location stamps. Cohen's were mostly Manhattan, a couple in other NY location, a couple in NJ and a few in LA.

These were the only GAPS that prominently stood out.

Aug 24th New Jersey

Aug 25th LA (his trip to LA)

Aug. 26th no place stamp

Aug 28th 11AM LA

September 7th last tweet 8PM Manhattan
Resumes September 10th 7:30 am in NY

A 48 hour trip 26th/27th August from LAX back in LA by 11AM 28th (seems tight)
Otherwise the 8th and 9th of Sept. (also seems tight)

Non-stop to Germany from LAX 11 hours each way.

Non-stop to Germany from NY 8 hours each way.
5 hour car ride from Frankfurt Germany to Prague (10 hours round trip car)

That would suggest the only viable time (assuming twitter locations can't be manipulated) would have been his twitter gap between Friday night, Sept. 7th 2016 8PM NY and his twitter fest resumption Monday Morning September 10th 7:30AM in NY.

It's a very tight window of very unusual twitter silence. (26 hours car and planes over 36 or so hours) Show me him in NY anytime over that weekend (8th or 9th Sept 2016) and I will call the reporting bunk.
edit on 15-4-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

That would suggest the only viable time (assuming twitter locations can't be manipulated) would have been his twitter gap between Friday night, Sept. 7th 2016 8PM NY and his twitter fest resumption Monday Morning September 10th 7:30AM in NY. It's a very tight window of very unusual twitter silence. (26 hours car and planes over 36 or so hours) Show me him in NY anytime over that weekend (8th or 9th Sept 2016) and I will call the reporting bunk.

Wait - you found a weekend when he didn't tweet and are pushing that as an indication he was in Prague????

He also didn't tweet from the 19th-22nd August.
Lately - tweet break from April 3rd to 8th...that was before the raid... did he pop over to Prague then too.?
Or what about March 17th to March 28th? No tweets.
I could go on - his complete twitter history has several gaps in it of days or even weeks.

Maybe all the breaks are meetings in faraway places to meet with Putin to plan world domination in a secret hideout.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

It's sounding to me that this was a case relating to money laundering. The taxi medallions keep popping back up, and several people have stated that they were used to launder money. Since this was handed off to SDNY, it makes sense that it would be a NY investigation and not dealing with foreign countries (hence the Mueller hand-off). The idea that it is part of a long-standing Grand Jury investigation also means it is likely some sort of dragnet that is being wrapped up.

If it is a dragnet, we won't hear a lot about the court proceedings; leaking out info could endanger agents actively investigating. That kind of explains the language the courts are using... very non-committal, very general.

The thing is, if I am correct, Cohen need not be a suspect in the case. He could be, or he could simply be harboring information needed to the case, and possibly even without his direct knowledge. It could be information from associates who could have conceivably asked him to destroy said evidence; that need be only a perceived possibility, not even an actual attempt. That would explain the lack of formal charges as well as the raids, although it does bring back into question whether or not those raids were Constitutional. I would hazard to say that the FBI/SDNY were simply trigger-happy and leaped before they looked.

I'm still not backing down from my claim that this is, by normal reading of the Constitution, an illegal seizure of property.

I'm sure the courts will sort all this out, hopefully next week.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

OMG! I have taken several sabbaticals from ATS! I'm a wanted criminal!

See how silly that sounds?

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Wasn’t Cohen partnered with Evgeny Freidman, the one-time “Taxi King” of NY?

I read somewhere recently that Cohen even rented an apartment to Freidman in a Trump-owned building during Freidman’s divorce.

In the article, Freidman was described as “Russian born”.

As if that means anything at all?

ETA:

If Freidman was Cohen’s partner in the “taxi business”, I wonder if Freidman was listed as a partner (or member) in any other of Cohen’s businesses?

Was there a quid pro quo, perhaps, to Freidman being potentially available as a “silent second” to Cohen’s “pop-up” ventures?
edit on 15-4-2018 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Me and everybody else. Stop trying to make that an anomaly. It wasnt.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I really do think that Trump has been involved in some shady financial practices over the years - or it at least would not surprise me in the slightest.

That's not what the investigation is supposed to be about, though.

I do wonder whether he has been very clever and used those around him to do the dirty work - or just picked up a lot of shady characters as associates because of the industry he built his fortune in. I'd guess his associates fit right into the lawyer and business community in Washington, though. I actually wouldn't mind so much if one giant investigation was launched into ALL financial corruption to those associated with all public servants. Instead, we're getting politically motivated targeting well outside the boundaries of the remit of the SC.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I promise you, there are things in Trump's history that wouldn't make good optics if they were to be spun. No, I guarantee it!

During the campaign, Trump complained about the tax laws and loopholes, admitting that he used those loopholes. The left went insane blaming him for tax evasion. But it never caught traction... because all Trump did was use the law to his benefit, while his opponent was involved in making the laws that allowed him to do it. The same principle applies here. Any businessman that successful is going to have had dealings with shady people, or had dealings that didn't go exactly as planned, etc., etc., etc. It's just the way things are, and most people acknowledge that.

The real problem would be a pattern of criminal activity, a history of repeated intentional shady dealings outside the law. I don't think those kind of skeletons exist, or there would be too many real issues to contend with instead of mostly made-up issues like Russian collusion or obstruction of justice.

Just like this Cohen thing... people are desperately trying to turn it back on Trump, first claiming that it was evidence that Trump had Cohen perform shady stuff (which would have instigated charges by now), then claiming that Trump was about to fire Mueller over it (which has no basis unless someone claiming it is a mind-reader), and now the claim is that Cohen had some sort of nasty evidence against Trump... again, no basis whatsoever.

I'm going to laugh when my analysis above proves to be all there is with nothing whatsoever to do with Trump and nothing prosecutable against Cohen. Even if Cohen is indicted, I didn't vote for him and it makes zero difference in my support for Trump. Cohen =/= Trump, Manafort =/= Trump, only Trump = Trump.

It's really sad, and it's not going to end well for those who have based their entire reason for being on destroying a man because they don't like him.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Good post - yeah it's a bit like saying that Weiner is a kiddy fiddler and because he knows Bill and Hillary, they are too.
The smearing by association is a long-held tactic as we know.

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join