It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F.B.I. Raids Office of Trump’s Longtime Lawyer Michael Cohen

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
The presidents lawyer being raided...sounds horrible right? That is what is promoted but like ALL THE OTHER CAREER ENDING STORIES it will lead to nothing. Just more news cycle drivel... They are baiting the king of ego and I am sure this is hard not to bite when there is no wrongdoing but if you do the wrong thing you will look guilty.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
a reply to: Aazadan

So he just happened to find a crime in the middle of the Stormy Daniels nonsense on TV? After having Trump and his advisors financial records for months?
Yeah, OK.

We don't know when it was referred.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=23309520]yuppa

NO. youre wrong.
The only way that this could be criminal fraud is if HE took a secured loan and pledged HIS HOUSE as collateral for the loan when no HOUSE really existed.
In that case, you would have deceived the bank into giving you the lower interest rate after having pledged a non-existent HOUSE as collateral.

Or, if you secured a loan on a house that existed, but was not actually owned by you, because it had been transferred as a capital asset to fund your new LLC.

When, exactly did Cohen apply for that loan, using “his” house as collateral? Was it before or after 10/17/16, the registration date of the LLC he set up to pay the Daniels hush money?

If it was before that date, then using those funds to capitalize his LLC, without advising the bank of their intended use, might,

Might,

Constitute bank fraud.

If it was after that date, where did the original funds to capitalize the LLC come from? Cohen? The campaign? Trump himself?

Did Cohen “co-mingle” the “Stormy” funds with the funds used to open the LLC and thus taint the Stormy funds, giving rise to suspicions of election fund violations?

Time will tell.
edit on 11-4-2018 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

This is, like, the fifth comment I've read from you where I wish you would provide SOME source for your claims.

On that note, everything I've found says Delaware does allow single member LLCs. I'm no expert on starting an LLC, so I am not disputing you with that. But, if you are going to make so many claims, you really need to source them if you want others to engage in your line of discussion.

I am ----this close---- to skipping over your comments, from now on, if you don't start sourcing your claims.

TIA.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

KA-CHING! Former SEC Enforcement Director Robert Khuzami Will Make $10 Million In The Next Two Years - a 2013 article

Well, now we know why they threw it to the SD.

Mueller is so neck deep in conflicts of interest
and tainted evidence I don't know how he breathes.

But this, its a new level of sleaze. I'd bet money
there are texts from someone in the loop to
this guy....but they went missing, right?

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Is it illegal to threaten someone's life in order to coerce them to sign a non disclosure agreement?
That was what Stormy claimed, didn't she?

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

This is, like, the fifth comment I've read from you where I wish you would provide SOME source for your claims.

On that note, everything I've found says Delaware does allow single member LLCs. I'm no expert on starting an LLC, so I am not disputing you with that. But, if you are going to make so many claims, you really need to source them if you want others to engage in your line of discussion.

I am ----this close---- to skipping over your comments, from now on, if you don't start sourcing your claims.

TIA.

Don’t know where you’ve been looking, or what you been looking for, exactly, but you might try the State of Delaware Department Of Revenue, Division of Finance.

Under the LLC Fequently Asked Questions you’ll find the following:

Q. What is a single-member Limited Liability Company (LLC)?

A. A single-member LLC can be either a corporation or a single-member "disregarded entity." To be treated as a corporation, the single-member LLC has to file IRS Form 8832 and elect to be classified as a corporation. A single-member LLC that does not elect to be treated as a corporation will be classified as a "disregarded entity," which is taxed as a sole proprietorship for income tax purposes.

NOTE: A single-member "disregarded entity" that is owned by a corporation is treated as a "branch" or "division" of its owner.

Q. What type of return should a single-member LLC "disregarded entity" file with Delaware?

A. Delaware treats a single-member "disregarded entity" as a sole proprietorship for tax purposes. This means that the LLC itself does not pay taxes and does not have to file a return with the State of Delaware.

As the sole member of your LLC, you must report all profits (or losses) of the LLC on Schedule C and submit it with your Delaware personal income tax return (Form 200). (LINK) Even if you leave profits in the company's bank account at the end of the year – for instance, to cover future expenses or expand the business – you must pay income tax on that money.

NOTE: A single-member "disregarded entity" that is owned by a corporation is treated as a "branch" or "division" of its owner.

(emphasis mine)

Would you like a further definition of the term “disregarded entity”?

Check with the IRS.

Some states recognize entities like SMLLC’s, disregarded by the IRS, as true entities in and of themselves; California is one such state.

Some, like Delaware, do not.

Now, based on my knowledge, and research as referenced above, I have asked several questions drawn from possible scenarios.

What “claims” are referring to?

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   

No link, again, of course.

But here’s that one you quoted that I found earlier when searching:

Q. What is a single-member Limited Liability Company (LLC)? A. A single-member LLC can be either a corporation or a single-member "disregarded entity." To be treated as a corporation, the single-member LLC has to file IRS Form 8832 and elect to be classified as a corporation. A single-member LLC that does not elect to be treated as a corporation will be classified as a "disregarded entity," which is taxed as a sole proprietorship for income tax purposes.

Delaware revenue gov site

ETA: I’m not sure it says what you are interpreting. You need to be clear. I admit I am not an expert in setting up an LLC. So just state your case and SOURCE IT for crying out loud! No reason to act like you’ve done that when you haven’t.

I mean, it sounds like it can be a corporation OR a ‘disregarded entity,’ that’s what you are failing to explain.
edit on 4/11/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: CainHarmbank
Is it illegal to threaten someone's life in order to coerce them to sign a non disclosure agreement?

From what I have researched, a criminal threat that is a felony could be subject to a prison sentence of 5 years.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Good.

You Know how to look things up.

Do you understand what that paragraph you quoted is saying? Or do you need a link to a dictionary?

Perhaps you just don’t understand why and when a “link” is necessary?

Or perhaps you believe that you can question the validity of anything you disagree with by merely claiming that without a link it can’t be true.

Remember, not all “links” lead to the truth, and not all truths will be handed to you because you demand them.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: CainHarmbank

Uh, she also signed the agreement which said she was not coerced, was of sound mind, and understood everything about the agreement. That was before she ever claimed she was coerced to Anderson Cooper.

ETA: Also, she said she was *hmmm*...intimidated.... long before the NDA was ever in the works. Unfortunately, she didn’t bother reporting it to the police.

edit on 4/11/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

(post by MotherMayEye removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

No link, again, of course.

But here’s that one you quoted that I found earlier when searching:

Q. What is a single-member Limited Liability Company (LLC)? A. A single-member LLC can be either a corporation or a single-member "disregarded entity." To be treated as a corporation, the single-member LLC has to file IRS Form 8832 and elect to be classified as a corporation. A single-member LLC that does not elect to be treated as a corporation will be classified as a "disregarded entity," which is taxed as a sole proprietorship for income tax purposes.

Delaware revenue gov site

ETA: I’m not sure it says what you are interpreting. You need to be clear. I admit I am not an expert in setting up an LLC. So just state your case and SOURCE IT for crying out loud! No reason to act like you’ve done that when you haven’t.

I mean, it sounds like it can be a corporation OR a ‘disregarded entity,’ that’s what you are failing to explain.

In Delaware, as with the IRS, SMLLC’s are not recognized as legitimate entities (because an LLC is a partnership and you need at least two to have a partnership. I explained this earlier in the thread).

Anyone desiring to set up as Single Member LLC will be treated as a sole proprietorship, unless they instead register as a corporation.

I covered this provision earlier as well.

The implications vis-a-vis this thread I have covered as well.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Yeah, I don’t think that you have a clue about single member LLCs in Delaware.

I base that on links I refuse to provide you with.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   

In Delaware, as with the IRS, SMLLC’s are not recognized as legitimate entities (because an LLC is a partnership and you need at least two to have a partnership. I explained this earlier in the thread).

No.

An LLC is certainly not a partnership. The liability is completely different, ownership works completely different, and the required paperwork is completely different.

You have had quite a few people in this thread try to explain that to you. If you want proof, try starting an LLC and treating it as a partnership, or vice versa. You'll be in a legal hole so deep you won't see daylight for decades before your first year is up.

Try to explain what you're doing to an attorney and you'll likely never get to talk with him face to face again. What you are suggesting is textbook tax fraud, unlike what has been laughingly suggested so far in this thread.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   
If this is all about the Trump grabbing incident and the video an important point was made.

California, where the video was shot, is a 2 party consent state for recording people. It means the people inivolved in the conversation must both know its being recorded.

The video in question deals with ac conversation between Trump and Billy Bush. It was recorded accidentally by a hot mic, neither person of which knew it was recording,

The video violates CA privacy laws and most likely would be suppressed in any criminal or civil action against TRump. On the other hand Trump actually has grounds to file his own lawsuit for the recording and its release.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

www.irs.gov...

(Since “links” seem to be the only thing folks seem to believe)

An LLC is an entity created by state statute. Depending on elections made by the LLC and the number of members, the IRS will treat an LLC either as a corporation, partnership, or as part of the owner's tax return (a "disregarded entity"). Specifically, a domestic LLC with at least two members is classified as a partnership for federal income tax purposes unless it files Form 8832 and affirmatively elects to be treated as a corporation. And an LLC with only one member is treated as an entity disregarded as separate from its owner for income tax purposes (but as a separate entity for purposes of employment tax and certain excise taxes), unless it files Form 8832 and affirmatively elects to be treated as a corporation.

Emphasis mine.

Delaware appears to conform to the IRS when it comes to the treatment of these entities.

An LLC isn’t a partnership?

Tell that to the IRS.

An SMLLC isn’t a disregarded entity treated as a sole proprietorship (unless it elects to be a corporation)?

Again, argue that with the IRS.

So, if you claim to be an SMLLC in a state that follows the IRS treatment of such entities, you’re considered a sole proprietorship.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   

An LLC isn’t a partnership?

No, sir, it is not!

An LLC is a corporate structure, designed to separate personal liability from professional liability. In 1987, when I formed my corporation, Alabama did not allow corporate structures with less than three principles. I do not know if that has changed with the introduction of a LLC (or if it has changed over time). What I do know is this:

If I performed the service I performed, the fee for which typically ranged around $500, an error could cost a few thousand dollars in damages. Had I started a partnership with someone, any claim against my company would have been a claim against me and any other principles, both jointly and severally. That means I could be sued personally and lose everything I owned... my home, my property, my car... everything. Under a corporate structure, any lawsuit against my company would be limited to the assets of my company, not my personal assets.

I do not care if you find a million freakin' webpages claiming to be written by Jesus Himself to say different. That is the law. It will remain the law whether you want to believe it or not, whether you agree with it or not, whether you publish your fantasy belief about what a corporation and a partnership is or not.

A corporate structure pays its own taxes. I did not claim corporate income on my taxes when I owned and ran my company. The company paid taxes on whatever it made, and I paid taxes on whatever the company paid me. The company was its own legal entity separate from me. A partnership is not a separate legal entity; it is an alias and it does not pay taxes. The principles pay personal taxes on all income from the partnership whether they receive it or not. A sole proprietorship is the same way.

The links you are so adamant about are concerning taxes, not the structure. According to your links, DE will accept an LLC with a single principle for purposes of liability, but it will not allow the LLC to operate as a separate legal entity for purposes of taxes. That has nothing to do with whether the LLC was able to do what it did in this instance. Apparently the IRS as well, for purposes of taxation, will not recognize the LLC as a separate legal entity; this does not in any way reduce the corporate structure for purposes of liability.

If you don't get that by now, you never will. Please, never try to go into any type of business... I don't want to know you're sitting in jail. Otherwise, believe whatever you want to; it does not make it true.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Like firing everybody that's looking at you?

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: matafuchs

Like firing everybody that's looking at you?

If they serve at the pleasure of the president then yes.

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join