It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F.B.I. Raids Office of Trump’s Longtime Lawyer Michael Cohen

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
What a sad day when even the President is denied lawyer/client privilege.

How? Is an attorney afforded blanket Immunity because he is associated with the President?

We don't live in Russia.

Are you saying that whatever illegal activity warranted the search, was done as Cohen working on behalf of the President?
edit on 10-4-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I said it before: Trump will either drain the swamp, or he'll prove that the system is beyond salvation, leaving wholesale revolution as the only remaining option. But there's no going back to the old status quo; the genie is not going back into the bottle at this point.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Aazadan

These are state charges, New York's Governor would have to pardon him.

Charges have been filed? Link please?

Also as it is the feds doing the breaking down of doors, doesn't that mean it is a fed case?

It's under NY State jurisdiction I believe, maybe I'm wrong there.

Anyways, I used the wrong term with charges, what I meant was that there's a considerable amount of evidence against Cohen. When charges come, at least some of them will be coming from the state.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

This was a federal warrant, brought by the office of the United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York, Geoffrey Berman. (a Trump appointee. It is reported that he recused himself from this case)

If a state matter, it would have been from AG Schneiderman.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

If it's federal, then Trump could pardon. It's certainly within his power to do so. That will still lead to state charges though, and probably make the obstruction of justice stack 10 counts higher.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Yes. It is sad to the point of comical how all of these politicians are so scared they will lose their money stream that they would rather see the country in this much turmoil.

OCare is a perfect example. When McCain said now the cat was officially out of the bag. Washington is corrupt beyond belief and the only way to not look bad is attack someone else...Donald Trump.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
As in "Clinton Easy"?

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
On further reading, it looks like this is all federal so far, I was confused because last night it was reported as being through the state.

So, Trump could very well pardon this. We could see a situation where Cohen is disbarred, but Trump still pardons him and retains him as his lawyer.

I wonder if such an action would allow Trump to later claim inadequate legal representation and ask for a mistrial when he's found guilty.
edit on 10-4-2018 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

If Cohen is found guilty of crimes that he alone committed, sure Trump will pardon. A pardon by a President of crimes he was a party to, has never been done. We will have to wait and see what the charges are and who they implicate.

Did you know that the Cohen office raided yesterday was in the office of Squire Patton & Boggs?

That name may be familiar. They are counsel to Cambridge Analytica and lobbyists for Gazprom. Small world.
edit on 4/10/2018 by Olivine because: damn poor typing skills

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

All reports said it was Federal

🧐

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

I said it before: Trump will either drain the swamp, or he'll prove that the system is beyond salvation.

The Special Counsel is the only one draining the swamp.
Trump on the other hand has surrounded himself by an unprecedented amount of Corrupt and sometimes criminal individuals.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I said it before: Trump will either drain the swamp, or he'll prove that the system is beyond salvation, leaving wholesale revolution as the only remaining option. But there's no going back to the old status quo; the genie is not going back into the bottle at this point.

“Apres moi, Le Deluge!”

Sacre bleu!
edit on 10-4-2018 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Because he cannot get replaced the people he wants to and the confirmation hearings are holding this up. It is being done on purpose and you know this....

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

I said it before: Trump will either drain the swamp, or he'll prove that the system is beyond salvation.

Trump on the other hand has surrounded himself by unprecedented amount of Corrupt and sometimes criminal individuals.

Thats a nice case ya got there.. be a shame if his family was destroyed for it.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Because he cannot get replaced the people he wants to and the confirmation hearings are holding this up. It is being done on purpose and you know this....

maybe its time to find dirt on muellers bos and nail him. invalidating his pick of mueller.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

????

From 100K trips to Europe with the wife, to 30K dinner sets, to 100k office doors...His appointees are spending tax dollars like it's OPM as trump likes to say (Other Peoples Money).

The people that Trump has picked are crooks.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: soberbacchus

Trump on the other hand has surrounded himself by unprecedented amount of Corrupt and sometimes criminal individuals.

Thats a nice case ya got there.. be a shame if his family was destroyed for it.

??????

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

We don't live in Russia.

No, we don't. I believe they have actual laws.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Maybe Trump should order Sessions to file indictments on Mueller's family? I'm sure he can find something in their history if he looks hard enough. Hey, it's apparently all fair game now. Might as well get with the (empty) rule book.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

no way in hell would this happen to one of putin's lawyers. lol

our (US) justice system works.

edit on 10-4-2018 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join