It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F.B.I. Raids Office of Trump’s Longtime Lawyer Michael Cohen

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

It would be soooo ironic if the documents showed that Melania Trump is the one who directed Cohen to pay them off.

Maybe Trump really didn't know. Either way, they will likely find other payoffs if Cohen didn't cover his tracks. He's in big trouble.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Makes sense to me.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
We shouldn't forget, besides being Trump's personal attorney, Michel Cohen is/was the National Deputy Finance Chair of the Republican National Committee.

His name was removed from their website yesterday. Coincidence?
edit on 4/10/2018 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

source

Also from yesterday, reporting that there has been no change at RNC:

An RNC official says there’s been no change in Michael Cohen’s status as national deputy chairman on the committee’s finance team.— Rebecca Ballhaus (@rebeccaballhaus) April 10, 2018

Campaign finance shenanigans are looking more likely, in my opinion.
edit on 4/10/2018 by Olivine because: add link

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Details and correlations or it means zero as usual 🤓🧐

Sinclair places in their contracts a 140% of your annual compensation penalty, if you leave one of their stations to work at another station. This is to prevent newscasters from quitting.

Enron used NDA's to cover up their pyramid scheme.

Uber used NDA's, or more specifically non disparagement agreements in order to silence hundreds of women into not suing upper management for sexual harassment.

Most states place strict limits on non competes, California has ruled them illegal all together. While most places say that you can't talk about specifics of previous jobs with your new employer (revealing all their processes and such), it's not considered in anyones interest to bar those with experience from that field with another company.

O'Reilly has a long history of sexual assault claims. He was using NDA's as part of a settlement to pay off women so they couldn't talk about what he did to them. As it turns out, that got struck down by the courts, and all of those women are now telling their stories.

I won't be going further into this derailment.
edit on 10-4-2018 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

That could end around both..

Well... maybe not.. election law likely covers your wife. I assume, but if Melania said she was DD then she could have authorized the NDA without trumps knowledge..

It would just be her who broke election law.

However, I don’t see how the lawyer could sign for Donald without his knowledge and it be legal.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

It would be soooo ironic if the documents showed that Melania Trump is the one who directed Cohen to pay them off.

Maybe Trump really didn't know. Either way, they will likely find other payoffs if Cohen didn't cover his tracks. He's in big trouble.

I doubt Melania did that. She hates Trump, it's quite obvious in their public appearances. They barely live in the same house, and they've NEVER shared the same bedroom... ever.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: Aazadan
Any non compete signed in California

S/O California....Stormy even agreed to waive their legal protections!

And Trump never signed it.

Face it, there's really no way to make an agreement with someone who won't acknowledge who they even are in the agreement.

That's what they're going through all these machinations.

I'm also kind of wondering why you want this guy to win this fight. What he did to a NEW wife who was a model and a new baby is disgusting.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

There is talk that NYC Taxi Medallions were also on the search warrant??

I get the feeling that this is much deeper than publicly known and the Stormy Daniels angle was tossed out by Cohens attorneys as plea for help from Trump, trying to get his hackles up, hoping he would jump in and fire Mueller, stomp on the NY AG etc.

I think they went after bank transactions at large. that would mean payoffs to women, but likely includes anything Cohen wanted to keep off the books.

Thinking out-loud..Cohen's attorney would have been given a copy of the search warrant what it authorized? Why hasn't Cohen shared it if this is Just about Stormy Daniels?

For what it is worth I think Cohen will risk jail time before rolling over and gamble on a Trump Pardon.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Agreeing to terms doesn't make them enforceable. People agree to unenforceable contracts all the time.

5 verifiable examples would help the statement's credibility 😃

It wasn't my statement but here goes:

1. You and I agree in a handshake deal that you will buy my house. (Violates statute of frauds.)

2. I agree to give you a gift of $10,000 and you agree to accept the gift. (violates the law of gifts requiring delivery as a prerequisite to finality and enforceability)

3. You and I agree that you will pay me $10,000 to kill someone. (Contracts against public policy are not enforceable.)

4. You owe Mr. X $$ and you and I agree in a handshake deal that I will pay that debt. (Such contracts must be in writing.)

5.A written contract contains a provision that if it is breached a "liquidated damages penalty" of a million dollars will be paid. (If a liquidated damages provision is a penalty and bears no real relationship to actual damages, it is unenforceable.)

This last one is a true pitfall for the Orange one. It makes his actual damages relevant, and a crucial piece of evidence in determining damages is the plaintiff's tax returns. So DJT's tax returns become public. He will roll over in the suit before he lets that happen.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Hilary Clinton paid off a lot of women for Bill to become first lady. It's a possibility Melania would too to shut them up.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scrubdog

Any non compete signed in California

S/O California....Stormy even agreed to waive their legal protections!

I'm also kind of wondering why you want this guy to win this fight. What he did to a NEW wife who was a model and a new baby is disgusting.

Seems like a good time to revive this graphic:

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

Cohen has a considerable number of them in his portfolio. It was part of seizing his assets. As RNC Campaign Finance Chair, there could be some embezzlement going on here. Or perhaps something else... either way, it involves taking a long hard look at his finances.

For what it is worth I think Cohen will risk jail time before rolling over and gamble on a Trump Pardon.

These are state charges, New York's Governor would have to pardon him.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: F4guy

Thank you, much more eloquent than my examples. This is why I'm not a lawyer.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=23305787]Aazadan

Agreeing to terms doesn't make them enforceable. People agree to unenforceable contracts all the time.

Well, I guess it remains to be seen if it is enforceable or not.

She should have attempted to have it invalidated by a court BEFORE she breached it though. The fact that she doesn't have a copy signed by Trump isn't going to hold up. And now that she has breached it, suggesting it's not valid because the penalty for breaching it is too much $$$ is not a compelling argument.

But, I guess we will see.

In the end we have a consensual event that she was paid monies in an agreement to not talk about it. I just do not see the point that she would want to get out of it, or the fact she could owe Trump a good deal more money than she made for talking about it. She and her lawyer act like she is a victim, and I would say of what? Money is the driving force in all these cases.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

The Washington Examiner is not a statute.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Believe what you want.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Charges have been filed? Link please?

Also as it is the feds doing the breaking down of doors, doesn't that mean it is a fed case?

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

Cohen has a considerable number of them in his portfolio. It was part of seizing his assets. As RNC Campaign Finance Chair, there could be some embezzlement going on here. Or perhaps something else... either way, it involves taking a long hard look at his finances.

What are these charges you speak of?

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
What a sad day when even the President is denied lawyer/client privilege.
This wasn't even done in the name of prosecuting terrorists.
It's a display of arrogance by the deep state/left counting on the idea that Americans won't get outraged about it.
The timing in regards to Syria make it further suspect.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Trump will never stay in the race.
Trump will never be in a debate.
Trump will never win a debate.
Trump will never win a state.
Trump will not get enough states.
Trump will not get the nomination.
Trump will have the nomination stolen.
Trump will not make the first debate.
Trump will not win a debate.
Trump will drop out of the race.
Trump will not win the election....

He did. Why is is that ANY of you listen or believe ANYTHING that is expressed ion the media about the current administration?

He will NEVER be impeached. This is all a charade to keep the real criminals in Washington from being investigated and they will draw this out till the next election cycle in 2019-2020 if they can.

The 'one' party system has been shown to all. If you do not get it yet then you never will.

One man took on the establishment, won and gave them all the finger...and you want to talk about a piece of ass that is not even confirmed from a decade ago? School girls many of you sound like.

What they did in going into his office is wrong on so many levels when compared to actions in 2016. Blantant destruction of property and closed door interviews.

I will stand by my president but I am NOT proud of my country right now.

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join